Safety net effect on children

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I realize the right doesn't like spending money on children, but a new study shows a net benefit for children that have access to food stamp programs. Hey, and women, too!
Our findings indicate that the food stamp program has effects decades after initial exposure. Specifically, access to food stamps in childhood leads to a significant reduction in the incidence of “metabolic syndrome” (obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes) and, for women, an increase in economic self-sufficiency. Overall, our results suggest substantial internal and external benefits of the safety net that have not previously been quantified.

Long Run Impacts of Childhood Access to the Safety Net

I realize the right doesn't like spending money on children, but a new study shows a net benefit for children that have access to food stamp programs. Hey, and women, too!
Our findings indicate that the food stamp program has effects decades after initial exposure. Specifically, access to food stamps in childhood leads to a significant reduction in the incidence of “metabolic syndrome” (obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes) and, for women, an increase in economic self-sufficiency. Overall, our results suggest substantial internal and external benefits of the safety net that have not previously been quantified.

Back it up or shut it up.

Read the threads here, baretta. The vast majority of rightwingloons want to cut social safety nets.

The effect the safety net has is that millions of children grow up entitled to more benefits. That's why we have generational welfare. It used to be that girls looked forward to getting a job, getting advancement and moving out on their own. Today, no one needs to work, getting your own place is dependent on having your own illegitimate baby. The men were raised with transitional men who shuttled in and out of the government subsidized life of the mother. So they do too. They move in with one girlfriend until they get another. They don't need to do such things as pay rent themselves. Moving is as simple as filling out a change of address card.

The safety net extending to mothers and fathers actually teaches children what they need to know to exist in the safety net themselves.

it also has the effect of turning some into life long habitual entitlement users decades later.

Thats a good idea. Teach kids dependency at a young age. It's not lilke we have a problem with that shit anyways. You wanna see the country continue to go down the shitter dont ya?

Same thing.

:lol: Don't mind the ankle biter...

House Republicans want to cut WIC by 10%
story.wic.milk.cnn.jpg

House Republicans want to cut WIC by 10% - CNN

There should be no safety net. We were better off as a people before we had one. More people were forced into self sufficiency.

it also has the effect of turning some into life long habitual entitlement users decades later.

Do you misunderstand the phrase increase in economic self-sufficiency?

i am pretty sure other study's could show the opposite effect.

i am pretty sure other study's could show the opposite effect.
From what I can tell, this is the most non-partisan group out there so I doubt it. But feel free to find an equally non-partisan group that comes to the opposite conclusion.

Forum List

Back