Safe Passage – New interactive animation about human rights in Gaza

Thomas

Rookie
Feb 21, 2010
:clap2: It's a great new video game, produced by the Israeli human rights group Gisha. You can choose one of 3 characters living in Gaza, and direct its way through bureaucratic adventures, so that it will be able to leave Gaza and get to the west Bank. It's a great resource of legal material, original documents on the Israeli occupation, and also a way to appeal the Israeli decision makers and tell them what you think of the situation.
Look for the game at - www spg org il

Saw it, played it, and recommend it. Though I thought about posting it, I knew it'd be useless. To the 3 or 4 people who give a damn it's preaching to the choir, and the ultra-reactionary nationalists on the board will just say it's Hamas propaganda, regardless of whether it was made by Israelis or Americans or Elves or the Pope. I'll post the link anyway:

Safe Passage

I'd like to point out that this isn't really a "game" for the simple reason that you cannot reach your objective (i.e. leave Gaza). Nobody can leave Gaza, because Israeli policy operates under the assumption that every man, woman, and child in Gaza is a terrorist. Therefore, if you get separated from your family in the West Bank, you cannot go there, if you manage to get accepted into a University outside of Gaza (even if its fucking Hardvard), you cannot go there. If you want to sell your goods in the West Bank and you're in Gaza, you can't, because you can't go there.

Again, I know the ultrareactionaries accept this under the assumption that 1.5 million people (over 50% of whom are children under the age of 15) are murderous animals that don't deserve to live, but the game is interesting in that it uses Israeli sources (legal documents, etc, which you can even get in the original Hebrew if you want) to display the way that Israel totally disables any movement of people from and to Gaza - a violation of Humanitarian law (again, not like this is important to many people, because Americans take their human rights for granted).

Last edited:
GAZA is a state under seige nightmare from which the people cannot awaken, no doubt.

Do the Israelis have the right to exist with self determination?

Without doubt.

Do the Palestinaian people have the right to exist with self determination.

Also, without doubt.

Sadly for both people, they have little choice but to exist on the same piece of land (fuck you very much Mr. Balfour, League of Nations and the UN, too).

The ideological/religious.ecomic theory and lifestyle mental diseases these warring tribes are suffering from prevent both of them from finding a way to peace...and the WORLD likes it that, way, too

I keep looking for some verdant high moral ground in that state of affairs, but frankly I can't see anything but primatives squabbling over an ethnocentric desert.

Israel and Palestine are the center of the chessboard in the continuing (abiet) undeclared clash of cultural values between modern Western capitalism and the Islamic (essantially anti-capitalistic) world.

Forum List

Back