Saddam's Lawyer

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
You will never guess:

Lawyer: Ex-Attorney General to Aid Saddam

Wed Dec 29, 8:05 PM ET Middle East - AP

AMMAN, Jordan - The head of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s legal team said Wednesday that he has enlisted the aid of former U.S. Attorney Ramsey Clark in the fallen dictator's defense.

Ziad al-Khasawneh said Clark was asked to help with the case after Saddam told his Iraqi lawyer last week to convey his regards to the former U.S. official.

Clark's law office in New York City declined to comment on the report and said Clark was scheduled to be out of the country until next week.

Clark, who served as attorney general under the late President Lyndon Johnson for three years in the 1960s, is a staunch anti-war opponent who has met Saddam several times over the last 15 years. He was considered a friend of Iraq (news - web sites) under Saddam when the United Nations (news - web sites) slapped an embargo on Baghdad following its 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

Khasawneh said Clark met with members of the defense team Tuesday in Jordan.

Iraq's deputy prime minister told reporters in Baghdad Wednesday that Saddam's trial will likely start at the beginning of 2005. Saddam was arraigned in a Baghdad court in July on charges of war crimes and genocide.

CSM said:
You will never guess:

Lawyer: Ex-Attorney General to Aid Saddam

Wed Dec 29, 8:05 PM ET Middle East - AP

AMMAN, Jordan - The head of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites)'s legal team said Wednesday that he has enlisted the aid of former U.S. Attorney Ramsey Clark in the fallen dictator's defense.

Ziad al-Khasawneh said Clark was asked to help with the case after Saddam told his Iraqi lawyer last week to convey his regards to the former U.S. official.

Clark's law office in New York City declined to comment on the report and said Clark was scheduled to be out of the country until next week.

Clark, who served as attorney general under the late President Lyndon Johnson for three years in the 1960s, is a staunch anti-war opponent who has met Saddam several times over the last 15 years. He was considered a friend of Iraq (news - web sites) under Saddam when the United Nations (news - web sites) slapped an embargo on Baghdad following its 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

Khasawneh said Clark met with members of the defense team Tuesday in Jordan.

Iraq's deputy prime minister told reporters in Baghdad Wednesday that Saddam's trial will likely start at the beginning of 2005. Saddam was arraigned in a Baghdad court in July on charges of war crimes and genocide.
Lmao-----would this be called arogance or is he just a glutton for punishment ?

dilloduck said:
Lmao-----would this be called arogance or is he just a glutton for punishment ?
Are you talking about Saddam or Clark? Either way...I find it rather ironic

Hussein is a criminal and he may end up executed. Nevertheless, it is important that he have excellent legal representation. I am aware of Clark's less than admirable past. I assume, however, as a former AG of the US, he is a very competent lawyer. It would not be wise to let the Europeans and others perceive that Hussein did not have access to superior legal representation. Hussein's trial should be exhaustive and dot every i. After being convicted of war crimes, including mass murder, he should be dispatched from this world.

IF the Europeans feel as if Saddam isn't getting a fair trial they should take it up with the Iraqis. The Iraqi interim government is in charge here. Not the US. Unfortunately they complain about everything so it will make little difference.

dilloduck said:
IF the Europeans feel as if Saddam isn't getting a fair trial they should take it up with the Iraqis. The Iraqi interim government is in charge here. Not the US. Unfortunately they complain about everything so it will make little difference.

now, now, we all know the iraqi gov't is a puppet regime!

michael moore and babs told us so!

enough of your imperial lies :splat:

:cof:

alias said:
Hussein is a criminal and he may end up executed. Nevertheless, it is important that he have excellent legal representation. I am aware of Clark's less than admirable past. I assume, however, as a former AG of the US, he is a very competent lawyer. It would not be wise to let the Europeans and others perceive that Hussein did not have access to superior legal representation. Hussein's trial should be exhaustive and dot every i. After being convicted of war crimes, including mass murder, he should be dispatched from this world.

I just think it's funny that even Saddam has a "liar". :dev3:

Whatever political impact this is supposed to make is not worth one of America's past US attorneys representing Saddam. I don't give a flying donut hole how good of legal rep Saddam needs. If I was Clark's son, I'd disown him.

It's true that this action makes me wonder just how good of friends he was with Saddam and what he may of leaked to him in the past.

Representing the jerk while our own soldiers die there today fighting his damn insurgents is nothing less then treason. Once Clark goes there to help Saddam, he should lose his citizenship. This really ticks me off.

Communist Ramsey Clark is just so fitting to represent tyrant Hussein. I was wondering when he was going to pop his head up and show his love for his country!! :fu2:

Bonnie said:
Communist Ramsey Clark is just so fitting to represent tyrant Hussein. I was wondering when he was going to pop his head up and show his love for his country!! :fu2:

I think he showed his true colors a long time ago, just no one was paying attention or didn't want to believe what they were seeing. Wonder if they can pull the three monkey routine with this one? Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

New Topics

Forum List

Back