Saddam to Face Charges in Iraq Thursday

HGROKIT

May 22, 2004
Federal Way WA, USA
By JIM KRANE, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqis and the world will get their first glimpse of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) since his capture in December when he and 11 of his top lieutenants are brought to court Thursday to face war crimes charges.

Already there are pretrial negotiations over permitting Saddam's foreign legal team to work in Iraq (news - web sites), whether to televise the proceedings and whether to reinstate the harshest penalty in Iraq's legal code: hanging by the neck until dead.

Iraq will take legal custody of Saddam from the U.S. Army on Wednesday and the former dictator is to make his first court appearance Thursday, where he will be informed of the charges in his arrest warrant, Prime Minister Iyad Allawi announced Tuesday.

Well, this ought to shake things up a bit!

The one thing that frightens me is that Chalabi is involved. He just might be the reptile running rampant in another thread :D

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Well, this ought to shake things up a bit!

The one thing that frightens me is that Chalabi is involved. He just might be the reptile running rampant in another thread :D

Super good news. I'm sure they'll put him in work-release program. Ha, ha! :p:

Naw, the article stated the severest punishment on the Iraqi books was hanging by neck until dead.

Yeah, but that seems too clean, don't ya think? I wouldn't mind him being turned over to families of his victims.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Yeah, but that seems too clean, don't ya think? I wouldn't mind him being turned over to families of his victims.

Personally I think they should just turn him loose on the streets and let the mob shred him.

Personally I think they should just turn him loose on the streets and let the mob shred him.
:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Forum List

Back