Saddam to excile

Perhaps Palestinian is just upset about the drying up of Iraqi money to suicide bombers?

What does that matter! The number one source of money to suicide bombers still is coming from our friends the Saudis. Much of the weapons found in Afghanistan stockpiles were from NK.

Iraq had demonstrated both the ways and means of threatening neighbors and US. There is no doubt that Saddam would have used others to attack US, Britain, Israel. He'd already attacked Kuwait.

Malnutrition and famine suck, but that's hardly a connection between their current government and the exact cause of their deaths. I guess we should also go after Bangladesh and Ethiopia.

Your link from the U of Hawaii is outdated. It entails up to 1987 and was with an entirely different leader.

The only thing valid I read was the link to the article by the Guardian. That kind of stuff does in fact need to be stopped, and I hope there turns out to be an easy resolution - but I doubt it. I still don't see a comparison between NK's current regime and Iraq's former regime. I will go as far as to say that I feel we would all be better off, especially Koreans, without NK's current leadership. But, I would still say Saddam and company needed to go first. With NK there is a possibility of negotiating to a resolution. After 12 years with Saddam it had become abundantly clear that there was no way to negotiate with him.

Malnutrition and famine suck, but that's hardly a connection between their current government and the exact cause of their deaths. I guess we should also go after Bangladesh and Ethiopia.

Blind Politics:laugh: . It would be impossible to ever convince you of anything

Iraq had demonstrated both the ways and means of threatening neighbors and US. There is no doubt that Saddam would have used others to attack US, Britain, Israel. He'd already attacked Kuwait.

Why do you think Saddam invaded Kuwait? Was he just looking for a good time?

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Blind Politics:laugh: . It would be impossible to ever convince you of anything

Not true at all. Prove to me that the deaths are directly attributable to their leaders and I'll lean even more towards their need to be removed. Can you do that without posting 15 year old articles? Your posting facts that aren't even related to their current regime, if to any regime at all, and you're calling ME blind?

I'm assuming you are referring to the conspiracy tack that Jimmy Carter basically gave him a green light to attack? I don't think even Carter was that incompetant.

I think the guardian article proved the govt being involved. the 15 yr old article proved that they had killed their own people. Who is responsible for the terrible faminine? The govt doesn't give the people money to buy food, or supply food.

I'm assuming you are referring to the conspiracy tack that Jimmy Carter basically gave him a green light to attack? I don't think even Carter was that incompetant.

No, but you would think that. Saddam invaded b/c Kuwait was slant drilling and so Saddam invaded. But it wasn't so cut and dry b/c Saddam owed millions to the EDIT* Kuwaitis.

The govt doesn't give the people money to buy food, or supply food.

You sound like we are disagreeing with your point. WE AGREE, NK is a terrible place to be born in. The government spends the money on weapons development instead of the above. I think that is why we are working with Japan, China, SK, and Russia to try and go the diplomatic route. IF that does not work, he should take a look at Saddam.

Hey, I'm not claiming their governement is completely innocent here, just that they weren't as bad as Iraq's government. The guardian article shows horrendous conditions, just not on the level of Iraq's regime.

The famine problem was mostly attributable to prior leaders. In fact, the article you posted yourself states at the end that the worst of the famine appears to be over. It would appear that something WAS done to assist.

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/2003/12/001490.html

UAVs, ShmUAVs
Posted by Christopher on December 16, 2003 @ 12:54PM

"Sen. Bill Nelson said Monday the Bush administration last year told him and other senators that Iraq not only had weapons of mass destruction, but they had the means to deliver them to East Coast cities," reports Florida Today. "Nelson said the senators were told Iraq had both biological and chemical weapons, notably anthrax, and it could deliver them to cities along the Eastern seaboard via unmanned aerial vehicles, commonly known as drones."

Nelson, (D-Florida), said about 75 senators got that news during a classified briefing before last October's congressional vote authorizing the use of force to remove Saddam Hussein from power. Nelson voted in favor of using military force. Nelson said he couldn't reveal who in the administration gave the briefing.

The White House directed questions about the matter to the Department of Defense. Defense officials had no comment on Nelson's claim.

I've googled for this, not finding any other sources. Alternet just doesn't have the ooomph that makes this worth looking into.

I would not put much stock in the source, no offence DK, but I checked out their website throughly, if they are not biased to the left, I don't know who is.

no offense taken.

Just as there are news sites biased to the right, there are sites biased to the left. I feel its important to get both views across to people. who knows, maybe one day we'll all meet in the middle.

Your right there are right wing news organizations also.

It would be nice to see a truely unbiased media source with no social or political agenda!

Forum List

Back