Saddam - No Ties to Terrorists?

Mar 18, 2004
Iraqi Ramzi Yousef is the architect of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, arrived in America on an Iraqi passport before fleeing after the attack on Pakistani papers.

Abu Abbas is the masterminded the 1985 hijacking of the ocean liner Achille Lauro during which American retiree Leon Klinghoffer was murdered. U.S. troops captured Abbas in Baghdad last April 14.

Abu Nidal’s terrorist gang killed 407 people, including 10 Americans, and wounded 788 more. He lived in Baghdad between 1999 and his mysterious shooting death in August 2002.

After running an al Qaeda training camp in Afghanistan, Abu Musab al Zarqawi received medical care in Baghdad once the Taliban fell. He opened an Ansar al-Islam camp in northern Iraq and reportedly arranged the October 2002 assassination of U.S. diplomat Lawrence Foley in Jordan. Zarqawi is at large.

OK, just to play devils advocate here, If they had a US passport would that make the acting US president involved with terrorism? because you know that its possible. to have US papers that is.

Being in/from Iraq is differnt than having ties to Saddam.

I agree, that's why I always say the 15 Saudis on 9/11 doesn't mean Saudi Arabia did it.

But look...

- Ramzi Yousef, nephew of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, did the 1993 attack with an Iraqi passport.

- Abdul Yassin has been in Iraq for years.

- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi started Ansar al-Islam in Iraq.

- Abu Nidal started the ANO under Saddam's sponsorship.

- Abu Abbas was given shelter by Saddam.

- Saddam funded Hamas.
- He funded Hezbollah.
- He funded Islamic Jihad.

- He sponsored the PKK and MEK.

- He had ties to Abu-Sayyaf.

- He had ties with al-Zawahiri in 1992.

Please don't make me get into specifics. Because I will.

No way. Saddam had no ties to them because these terrorists wouldn't deal with a secular regime even if that regime hated the US. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
I agree, that's why I always say the 15 Saudis on 9/11 doesn't mean Saudi Arabia did it.

But look...

- Ramzi Yousef, nephew of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, did the 1993 attack with an Iraqi passport.

- Abdul Yassin has been in Iraq for years.

- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi started Ansar al-Islam in Iraq.

- Abu Nidal started the ANO under Saddam's sponsorship.

- Abu Abbas was given shelter by Saddam.

- Saddam funded Hamas.
- He funded Hezbollah.
- He funded Islamic Jihad.

- He sponsored the PKK and MEK.

- He had ties to Abu-Sayyaf.

- He had ties with al-Zawahiri in 1992.

Please don't make me get into specifics. Because I will.

Way I look at it: Saddam terrorized his own people. Evil follows evil. Haven't you seen South Park? Saddam and Satan are fuck buddies.

I better not agree with you more, otherwise I might have to agree with the Iraqi invasion:rolleyes:

Saddam is a scumbag and I'm glad he has been captured.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
I see that nobody wanted to touch the US papers issue. :rolleyes:

I will!

I agree that the papers dont deferr to the government.

However Abu Abbas was working with Saddam untill Saddam turned to the US for help against Iran. So in an effort to clean himself up to be presentable to the US and all doe eyed Saddam kicked Abu to the curb. Abu understanding that a terrorist has to do what a terrorist has to do went to Lebenon and had sanction there for awhile. These countries know full well who the players are that they host in their countries.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
OK, just to play devils advocate here, If they had a US passport would that make the acting US president involved with terrorism? because you know that its possible. to have US papers that is.

A Totalitarian regime the size of Texas is different than a democracy the size of the US. A democracy has checks and balances that limit the intrusive nature of the government. Therefore the president, Clinton or Bush, wouldnt have known everything that goes on in this country. However, Saddam being a dicatator that thrived on control, would have made great strides to know EVERYTHING that goes on within his borders.

So this is indeed very likely that he knew about these terrorists.

Originally posted by insein
A Totalitarian regime the size of Texas is different than a democracy the size of the US. A democracy has checks and balances that limit the intrusive nature of the government. Therefore the president, Clinton or Bush, wouldnt have known everything that goes on in this country. However, Saddam being a dicatator that thrived on control, would have made great strides to know EVERYTHING that goes on within his borders.

So this is indeed very likely that he knew about these terrorists.

Actually, a true democracy has no checks and balances as the will of the people is what rules. Now, a liberal democracy does have checks and balances....

but nevertheless, your point is well made.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Actually, a true democracy has no checks and balances as the will of the people is what rules. Now, a liberal democracy does have checks and balances....

but nevertheless, your point is well made.

good point, but you know what we live in today. We do have some awareness, but definitely not TOTALitarian awareness.

Originally posted by insein
good point, but you know what we live in today. We do have some awareness, but definitely not TOTALitarian awareness.

You are correct. I just had to throw that in as I just finished reading the book "The Future of Freedom" by Fareed Zakaria and in it he explains how the problem with the USA is that we have become too democratic and therefore, nobody really is in power any more and therefore, nobody is making decisions based on what is best for the country, but only on what is best for them to get re-elected.

Way off subject.... sorry!

Forum List

Back