Saddam Gone Forever!!!!! Only maybe.

Let's have a little informal poll in here, I'll be glad to admit my thinking is wrong if enough people tell me so.

Everyone read Psycho's post, and subsequently my reply. Was I out of line in my initial reply. Was his post full of nothing but facts as he stated. Did I not only go through my second post and show him that his post was no more factual than mine was?

He expressed his opinions and asked for comments, I replied with my opinions. He then tried to jump on me for my opinions. Am I looking at this wrong?

my post was called jimnycbabble and I aint you, I didnt see the steelers lose today on 2 fieldgoals[ouch] while freezing my butt off. Im 15 miles from the titans stadium but this person seems to think you and I are the same. If sides are to be chosen I will take your flank, he wont even answer a simple yes or no to me. and I was not rude to him till he called me a dick.

psychobabble actually agrees with you on all of your points as he previously stated in his posts. But as long as that doesn't support his wishful thinking, he wants us all to stop being such a bunch of obfuscating dittoheads, bla bla bla. nothing so far that I've read from him brings any light to anything and only serves to darken my opinion of what he represents.

Originally posted by jon_forward
my post was called jimnycbabble and I aint you, I didnt see the steelers lose today on 2 fieldgoals[ouch] while freezing my butt off. Im 15 miles from the titans stadium but this person seems to think you and I are the same. If sides are to be chosen I will take your flank, he wont even answer a simple yes or no to me. and I was not rude to him till he called me a dick.
Get used to it. I countered two of his tirades with intelligent, thought provoking answers and he never replied. That's what happens when someone would rather cram their opinion on others rather than have a conversation.

The problem is, Jimnyc takes the bait every time. I couldn't care less if this Psycho guy spouts off or calls himself a veteran. The fact is that I won't decide who's right or wrong without verifying it independently myself. And, once on the trail, anyone would soon find out what a load of opinion and red-herrings were thrown their way. Manipulation of "facts" is nothing new and interpretation of them certainly allows for more than one side to be right quite a lot of the time.

So, in my humble opinion, Jimnyc, I wouldn't sink to respond to him- just keep posting the facts and your interpretation of them. He's kind of like Munchausen by Proxy, he seeks attention. If you don't feed the disease by giving them attention they have to find a new way. Sooner or later he'll either shape up or go away.

I actually enjoy reading/debating with posters with different opinions. If we chase away all of those with opposing views, this board becomes no less of a chat room. If I wanted to chat, I'd go to yahoo. I enjoy the different perspective and opinions from those on this board, even though I disagree with most of their opinions.

The difference between opposing views and Psycho is that he is like a child throwing a tantrum. He feels he needs to convince people that his views are just, and when he realizes he cant sway people with simple conspiracy theories, opinions, and factless data, he stomps his feet and cries foul.

EVERYONE on this board has opinions that vary from others, even Republican views vary from other Republicans, even if it isnt as greatly as Republicans v. Democrats. However, the difference in intelligent individuals is that, once someone is backed into a corner with their views they can either 1) say "hmm.. he has a damn good point here" or 2) say "you believe what you want, and I respectfully believe what I want. Psycho, on the other hand, cries like an infant, points the finger elsewhere, and spouts off his Veteran status/political accomplishments as if they merit him the "All Knowing". I believe it was Jim (forgive me if I'm wrong, I dont want to search the different threads for the correct poster) that said they are glad that this type of person is no longer serving this country. I STRONGLY concur.

And he has the audacity to question Jim's patriotism. My only suggestion is for Psycho to remove the binky from his mouth and shove it up his ass.

:baby:

I feel better now knowing it wasnt just me...or that I did something to set him off. I didnt realize that there was suppose to be a "WINNER" here as implied by psycho, just dissimilation of info and honest debate..

Forum List

Back