sad story within

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Earlier today, I found out that one of my roommate's friends, a guy he hung out with a lot when they were little, died last night. Apparently, he was coming home from a party last night and flipped his jeep. A couple weeks ago, my roommate and him raced home from a party at that very same place on the same road that the guy died on. It's really been sort of messing with me, thinking about how easily you could die at any possible moment of your life. My roommate's mother told him that the kid's mother is really broken up on it, she swears if she keeps praying, she's going to bring him back to life. So, yeah, pretty somber night around here.

Sorry to hear that Dan, I lost a really good friend right after highschool in a freak accident. It is always hard when it happens, but it does seem quite a shock when your young and a friend dies. Hope you remember him well.

Dan,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. I've been brought face to face with death lately and it's not fun. I'll pray for you.

Oy, how awful for all his friends and family. Life is certainly fragile...that's for sure. Never easy when young people die; especially when it seems so random. Just remember to breathe and get through the day. Then hug your family...if only in cyberspace!!!!!

(= =)

Thanks, guys, I didn't actually know the guy, but it still upset me just the same. I'll send your kind words on to my roommate, though.

Thats very sad. My senior year in high school we had 4 kids in our school die from two different accidents. It tough when your that young and you pass away. Makes you appreciate everyday of your life. Live it to the fullest!! :)

Man, this thing is getting worse. Apparently, the kid's folks were some sort of weird religion. His mother refused to have him embalmed since she's so sure he's going to come back to life. And yesterday, they flew in some witch doctor or something from Africa to try and resurrect him. It's supposedly supposed to happen today at noon. This whole thing is just getting surreal and creepy. My roommate is actually scared to go to the funeral tonight because at the viewing, people were speaking in tongues and passing out and stuff like that. I feel sorry for everyone involved with this.

Forum List

Back