~Sad Songs~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnD6ojjA0OA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪U2 Still Haven't Found (with lyrics)‬‏[/ame]

i can never make up my mind about this song....it makes me weirdly happy....

“Leader of the Band” – Dan Fogelberg

Also, “You were always on my mind” is actually a Willie Nelson song.

Elvis Presley recorded the song way back when he and Priscilla divorced. So, I'm not saying it's not Willie's song, but Elvis did make it a record first. And I like Elvis' version better than Willie's.

Nothing Willie Nelson sings makes me sad. His music is relaxing to me.

Elvis sang the song and if you know the story behind his performance, it takes on a sadder meaning.

“Leader of the Band” – Dan Fogelberg

Also, “You were always on my mind” is actually a Willie Nelson song.

Elvis Presley recorded the song way back when he and Priscilla divorced. So, I'm not saying it's not Willie's song, but Elvis did make it a record first. And I like Elvis' version better than Willie's.

Nothing Willie Nelson sings makes me sad. His music is relaxing to me.

Elvis sang the song and if you know the story behind his performance, it takes on a sadder meaning.

Yeah, I had heard he wrote the song after he lost Priscilla, what do you know Mud??

Brooks and Dunn...yep, another good one!

**Shit, I tried rep-ing you strolling, but I have to spread more around.....they make it sound like herpes ~LoL~

this hurt inside me...aint ever gonna end......

why does everyone like sad songs?

Because they make us stop and think.
Hard rock and some of the other types of music, people are too busy listening to the music, and jamming and dancing, they don't take the time to really listen.
That's what's different about the country music, and the older stuff, it's slow....but the words is what gets you.
There's a story behind every song.
And somewhere, anywhere, there is always somebody who can relate to the pain and sorrow and tears that come with those sad songs.
It's like at times, I will listen to one, and feel like the song was written just for me...if that makes sense.
They make us feel melancholy.

Forum List

Back