*Sad Face* No Kitty?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I am sad to learn the county animal shelter where I live does not house or adopt out cats, only dogs.

Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter

There's a shelter in the city next to me that offers kitties, but they want $75 for one to defray the cost of vet care, etc. This is more than I had budgeted.

I'm frustrated because I had wanted my daughter to help me choose the new kitty, but I am blown away that there is not even a humane kill service for area cats. I know Cuyahoga County is on the ropes financially and that homeless dogs can pose a risk to humans, but still......

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

I am sad to learn the county animal shelter where I live does not house or adopt out cats, only dogs.

There's a shelter in the city next to me that offers kitties, but they want $75 for one to defray the cost of vet care, etc. This is more than I had budgeted.

I'm frustrated because I had wanted my daughter to help me choose the new kitty, but I am blown away that there is not even a humane kill service for area cats. I know Cuyahoga County is on the ropes financially and that homeless dogs can pose a risk to humans, but still......

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

That's because cats are communists.

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

No no no. They were worshiped as gods in Egypt, and they've never let anyone forget it.

• Banned
www.petfinder.com

You will really appreciate them quick. And lookadalldekyootvfacesmooshymoooshymoosh.

ahem. Sorry. Lost my mind for a moment.

Petfinder.com led me to CODA (Cleveland Ohio Dog Advocates); their adoption fee for a cat is $100. I don't mean to be critical of these groups....but gheesh, how do they avoid kills if their fees are so high? Brooklyn Animal Shelter wants $75 for a cat.

I guess I can check the classifieds for "free to good home" but I had wanted to see several kitties at once and let the kidlet choose one....o, well. I am sure one way or another, I'll get a cat.

T'aint like I'm hoping for a pony....or a unicorn.

pretty_cat_by_hazyblitz.jpg

www.petfinder.com

You will really appreciate them quick. And lookadalldekyootvfacesmooshymoooshymoosh.

ahem. Sorry. Lost my mind for a moment.

Petfinder.com led me to CODA (Cleveland Ohio Dog Advocates); their adoption fee for a cat is $100. I don't mean to be critical of these groups....but gheesh, how do they avoid kills if their fees are so high? Brooklyn Animal Shelter wants $75 for a cat.

I guess I can check the classifieds for "free to good home" but I had wanted to see several kitties at once and let the kidlet choose one....o, well. I am sure one way or another, I'll get a cat.

T'aint like I'm hoping for a pony....or a unicorn.

pretty_cat_by_hazyblitz.jpg
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Mastiff | West Branch, MI | MICHIGAN - BOGART.

I gotcher pony right here. ;)

In lieu of petfinder, try craigs list. Trust me, there are always so many cats, you should have no problem.

• Banned
I ♥ mastiffs, Big Fitz. But my housing association only recently allowed cats and still does not allow dogs, alas.

I may be more of a kittay person, anyway. I had one in college (Otter) and then another as a young married woman (Prissy) but the babygirl turned out to be allergicky, so I have been cat-deprived for many years. After she left for college, I was traveling so much I didn't think owning a cat again would be kind.

And now the Fates have aligned......

• Banned

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

communist-cat_design.png

I ♥ mastiffs, Big Fitz. But my housing association only recently allowed cats and still does not allow dogs, alas.

I may be more of a kittay person, anyway. I had one in college (Otter) and then another as a young married woman (Prissy) but the babygirl turned out to be allergicky, so I have been cat-deprived for many years. After she left for college, I was traveling so much I didn't think owning a cat again would be kind.

Just remember, cats can learn to travel well. Just like dogs. We snuck one of our cats in to Disney World once. Okay Okay, it was Fort Wilderness, but we couldn't kennel him! And other than his fight with an armadillo, he loved to travel.

And yes, I am a mastiff fan. I don't think I'd own another breed. It's just too bad they're incorrectly labeled 'vicious' in MN. The retards. I wish I could afford another one. I miss my Daisy.

Last edited:

Just remember, cats can learn to travel well. Just like dogs. We snuck one of our cats in to Disney World once. Okay Okay, it was Fort Wilderness, but we couldn't kennel him! And other than his fight with an armadillo, he loved to travel.

And yes, I am a mastiff fan. I don't think I'd own another breed. It's just too bad they're incorrectly labeled 'vicious' in MN. The retards. I wish I could afford another one. I miss my Daisy.

There are some closely-related breeds, Big Fitz. I am bumfuddled as to why anyone would have labeled a mastiff "vicious". It had to be a puppy mill or a misunderstanding based only on their size...like almost all the giant dogs, they have a rep as calm and kindly doggies.

How's about......

Tibetan Mastiff?

tibetan-mastiff_image1.jpg

Neopolitan Mastiff?

neapolitan-mastiff_image1.jpg

French Mastiff?

french-mastiff-most-expensive-dog-breed.jpg

It had to be a puppy mill or a misunderstanding based only on their size...
Ding, right there. They lump em in with Pitbulls and Am Staffs. And it's all mastiff breeds in my apartment complex that are banned. But then again, these morons ban German Shepards too.

Keep the Tibetan. Neos are great, and Dogue de Bordeauxs are fun. But in my heart, the English Mastiff is the best.

OK171.16424563-2-x.jpg

I can has naptiem?

Not my Daisy, but she could have been.

Last edited:
If I could have any doggie I wanted, it would be....

gr-pyrenees.jpg

Great Pyrenees - Purebred Great Pyrenees Dog Breed Information

I don't really see a problem banning mastiffs from an apartment complex, Big Fitz. Seems cruel to keep one in such close quarters without a yard, etc. But only a dumbass thinks mastiffs are related to pitbulls in temperment, etc.
Oh I'd have allergy problems with one of those. The double coat makes em stinky at times if you don't clean it religiously. Certain breed's coats give me an asthma like attack. Sucks cause GPs are beautiful monsters.

Look on Craigslist or the classified for your local area. I'm sure somebody has Free Kittens listed.

Maddie, is there no SPCA near you?

Check out pet stores (Pet Smart, etc). The two pet stores near me always have cats for adoption. I got a cat for my brother from Pet Smart a few years back.

Craigslist is a great idea. Scour it several times on a daily basis.

Check the bulletin board at grocery stores too. I've seen lots of 'free' ads there.

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

Same in my county.

I do not think Xotoxi could make it with no cathouse in his county.

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

Cats are far less communistic than dogs. Cats do not tend to run in packs like dogs naturally do.

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

The first year of a cats life is going to cost you a bare minimum of $500, PLUS food, litter, toys, etc.

If that $75 included first shots, you should have taken it. Declawing and spaying/neutering is going to be about $200, if not more.. Checkups, shots, 2nd deworming (depending on age), etc...

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

Cats are far less communistic than dogs. Cats do not tend to run in packs like dogs naturally do.

Cats are demonic spawn.

Makes me very, very sad.

cat2.jpg

The first year of a cats life is going to cost you a bare minimum of $500, PLUS food, litter, toys, etc.

If that $75 included first shots, you should have taken it. Declawing and spaying/neutering is going to be about $200, if not more.. Checkups, shots, 2nd deworming (depending on age), etc...

My cats are outside cats no declawing. $45 for spay/neuter about $25/yr for shots. I give the shots.

Forum List

Back