Sad but true...

Jackass

Aug 29, 2003
Va
Well, we were to have a family reunion of sorts at my Aunt and Grandparents horse farm over this weekend. They have a pool, walking trails, camping sites, a small lake and of course horses. We were calling it Thanksgiving in October, where the whole family could be together w/o any other obligations.

Some of you know, I come from a very large family. My grandmother had 17 kids, yes 17. Thats not a typo. My mom has 5. Most of them have at least 3 kids. Well my grandparents have buried 3 of their children. All boys until this weekend. They now have buried 4 children and 2 grandchildren.

On the way down to Va from NJ, my aunt (Maureen), her daughter (Tara) and husband (Tim) and another of my cousins (John Jr) were driving down Rt 66 in Va. The driver (still not sure who) was getting tired and pulled over to switch drivers. Before my aunts husband could get in the car (not sure if he was going to drive or off taking a piss) a drunk driver, driving an 18 wheeler ran into the car going around 65 miles an hour. My uncle survived. He was the only one not in the car. He said he was talking to my cousin (John Jr) and then he wasnt. That fast. Needles to say...the driver of the 18 wheeler didnt have a scratch on him. The worst part, they were only about 30 mins away from my grandparents.

Most of you know that I lost my father a month ago. Now we have this to deal with. On top of that, my grandfather (Im sure) will be going very shortly. I thought it was just in threes!! Please keep them all in your prayers. Thank you all!

Chuck,

Today was just a downer of a day as it was, this has just made the day fit. I didn't know about your father, that first, and I am sorry about that, and this, this puts the icing on the cake, I am so sorry for this, I really am.

As the others have said, my thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family! I'm very sorry about this tragedy!! My heart, sincerely, aches for you!

Thank you all for your concern. This happened Saturday morning and they still havent been released. I am assuming today for the release. Figuring tomorrow or Wed for the services. Thank you all again for your concern.

Forum List

Back