Sacrifice

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by spectrumc01, Jul 14, 2011.

1. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    What is sacrifice? Did god really sacrifice his only son for us?

There are two types of sacrifice the first is permanent sacrifice and then there is temporary sacrifice. Which is more of a sacrifice, permanent or tempoary? I think that temporary sacrifice is not really a sacrifice because you know what you gave up will return to you. So did God really sacrifice his son, knowing that the percieved sacrifice was only temporary?

2. Iridescence

Iridescence BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +268
    There is perhaps a slight key to better understanding the purpose of some sacrifices. It may not be to 'forever forsake' or 'from this day forth' kind of thing but rather a kind of vice that provokes deepest levels of emotion. The 'say cry vice'... To tap 'us' into the real Self from within 'us'. The 'Is real'.

3. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Could you clarify this for me?

4. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337

Any sacrifice is a big deal for anyone.
    The sacrifice God made knowing his son would be killed and suffer for everyone's sin had to be just about inbarrable! Yes, He knew His son would be returned to him when he arose from the grave, but He also knew what kind of pain and anguish Jesus would be going through to get there! Could you imagine what it would be like to KNOW your only son would be torchered as Jesus was?? I couldn't...and Jesus knew this was going to happen to him! But He did this for US....it's the most profound kind of love anyone could have for another person!