"Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice."

You said that alturism is an act where one participates in the nation such as saying that without alterism no one would have sacrificed their lives in our nation's war. I hate to tell you something but that kind of charity also exist in the private acts we do for others yet, to the left, it only seems to count when we participate in the national will. Its the reason why private charity gets no 'bonus honor' with the left and only seems to count when it is done participating in the nation.

The thread is about altruism. The thread's OP author quoted Ayn Rand. He also made his point perfectly clear in case some bozo like you was incapable of comprehension: "I'm getting a little tired of being told it is noble to sacrifice for the 'greater good'.

now what is it about the above that has you stuck on stupid and 'leftists'?

I'm stuck on stupid because I don't want to pass you. If I upshifted a little to retard it would blow by you. Its for your own good.

"Don't ever go full retard!"

Movie????

The greatest sacrifice in mankind is that of a parent who gives up greedy personal wants for the purpose of providing a better future for their children. Paying for better schools, buying tutorial aids, educational endeavors, parenting classes, saving for their kid's college, paying higher rent in a better part of town with less bad influences. May mean no eating expensive dinners, no new car, no rims, no new clothes, no jewelry, no flat-screen TV, no lavish vacations...........may mean a really dull or modest adult life.....but to set one's child up to live better than oneself is the greatest sacrifice in mankind.

FAR FAR TOO FEW parents are willing to make that sacrifice in this age. Hence the problems we have.

I actually agree that self-sacrifice is noble in itself but it is still a choice one makes over their own life. We don't have the right to make that choice for others. My complaint about sacrifice is that their seems to be a thinking that doing it for the nation brings someone into nirvana or a state of heaven. A kind of moral redemption for that person and society.

Your complain is in your own head and like we witnessed earlier, you argued with yourself on this point of yours, and you lost -- to yourself. :clap2:
:eusa_whistle:

When...what...where???

Forum List

Back