Sacrifice!! a lesson for us ALL.

No, they are Not defending the Constitution by fighting in Iraq.

Also, an Enlisted man's oath is different than an Officer's oath.

Only the Officer's oath pledges to defend the Constitution.

Enlisted Oath
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Officers Oath
“I, (state your name), having been appointed a (rank) in the United States (branch of service), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

I don't know what Military your talking about the only difference between the two is that enlisted personel swear to obey orders of the President and those appointed over them whereas an officer swear to discharge the office, defending the constitution is both oaths.

"Baby, i know that regardless of the circumstances, God is putting me exactly where he wants me for the time being. i know that that is hard to swallow, but it is the truth...." [Oct. 14, 2007]

Every morning, first thing, Melissa Haddad checked her e-mail for something from Pete. And every night, before turning in, she'd look one last time for one final note.

Half a world away, at his base in the Green Zone in Baghdad, 2nd Lt. Peter Burks did the same, across all those miles and all the time zones between them, sharing his thoughts with Missy, the woman he'd dreamed about for most of his life

Letters from soldier killed in Iraq reveal his love, faith | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

Each day you and I wake up, and we take a breath and we come here to this place and talk and sometimes fight about our views on things. These are the freedoms we exercise each day and protected and sometime paid for in the highest price by people like Lt. Burks. So when we stop to think about who's side holds the high moral ground on supporting the troops for a political reason. stop for a moment and think of people like Lt. Burks and Missy, real Americans that lived this everyday. Their love for one another gave them hope and sustained them. So for our part we should honor the sacrifice of people like Lt. Burks and many of his fellow soilders, sailors, airmen, and marines by not using them as a political tool to prop up one candidate or the other but rather, we should quietly respect the what men and women like Lt. Burks and Missy have given so much for us to be Free.

index.html

Amen I totally agree :eusa_clap:

My mistake. I had been told different.

Question: How are we defending the Constitution by invading and occuping Iraq?

The President of the United States is the CIC of the US Military, each person in the Military takes an oath to defend the constitution and as such the President being empowered by the constitution and congress also empowered by the constitution to go to Iraq the Military was lawfully ordered to deploy to Iraq. So simply by following the order to depoly to Iraq and any order thereafter from the unified chain of command the soldier under the constitution is therefor defending it.

Forum List

Back