Sacramento: Mom Could Get 30 Days in Jail for Letting 4-Year-Old Play Outside

This may be a dumb question but is jail really necessary? If a big deal has to be made, wouldn't having the kid be in a foster home for a while be enough?

God bless you and the kid always!!!

Holly

Because putting the kid in a foster home is "best for the kid"? :cuckoo: We've lost our fucking minds.
At least the kid would be away from whoever obviously does not know how to look after them.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. At the end of the day, the kid has to be placed somewhere.
Yeah, you want to put him in another home where he gets molested to protect him from a mother who lets him play independently. Makes perfect sense to me.
Just because one family may be guilty of such an act doesn't mean that they all are. Don't let one do the speaking for the rest.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Would you trust your kids to the "safety" of foster care homes?

I thought not.

^^^ I don't have any kids, so I really can't answer such a question anyways.

Holly

P.S. One bad apple still doesn't make every apple a bad one.

Holly

You had kids and yes you can answer the question. It matters little because I already know the answer. Kids are better off in a less than perfect home than with a pedophile with a foster care license.

4 years old is to young for a child to be at the playground unsupervised. What happens when he gets hurt and one of the parents there has to take attention from their child to attend to this child? She's basically dumping her child off on other parents.

WITH THAT SAID, jail time? Really? C'mon. That's just ridiculous.

Also, there aren't more child molesters in 2015 than there were in 1963. We're just more educated on the topic and have more access to information.

Holly

You had kids and yes you can answer the question. It matters little because I already know the answer. Kids are better off in a less than perfect home than with a pedophile with a foster care license.
To me, people like that do not speak for the rest and they never will. My dad is a word that I can not say. Does that make me one as well? No.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly

To me, people like that do not speak for the rest and they never will. My dad is a word that I can not say. Does that make me one as well? No.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
We're not talking about every foster family, we're talking about what happens when kids are removed from their own family and put in foster homes where people that don't love them are paid to babysit them. They are not protected by a loving family, they are on the fringe, vulnerable to predators. Their welfare is decidedly worse than what they were removed from in most cases.

Playground was inside a gated community. Nosy neighbors, that's all. Unless one of them was George Zimmerman, the four-year-old was in no danger...

My kids - now 44 and 43 - used to play outside until it was almost dark in the summer, used to walk to school by themselves (about half mile away) when they were 4-5 years old.

Mind you it was in Canada. And it was during normal times.
There were dangerous predators back then as well.

The fact, and it is fact, is that it was more dangerous back then based on statistics. We just weren't aware of every single child abduction because news did not travel nearly as far and definitely not as fast.

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
We're not talking about every foster family, we're talking about what happens when kids are removed from their own family and put in foster homes where people that don't love them are paid to babysit them. They are not protected by a loving family, they are on the fringe, vulnerable to predators. Their welfare is decidedly worse than what they were removed from in most cases.
Not all foster families are like this though. If they were, there wouldn't be any at all period.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Irresponsible parent. Four is too young to let play alone in a common area.
No its not. My 3 year old used to play with the next door neighbor kid all the time without us being out there. We lived on a dead end street and neighbor let her son play outside as well. We live in a NORMAL state as well not a nanny state and if some idiot cop had something to say I would tell them mind their own damn business. My kids my problem of where and who they play with. They played in the back yard as well with NO FENCE! THE HORROR!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Not all foster families are like this though. If they were, there wouldn't be any at all period.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I'm glad you think my kids will only be exposed to an acceptable level of child molestation risk if they are kidnapped and put into foster care. I won't take that chance and I'll kill anyone who tries it.

Some of us actually love our children.

HA./.....We used to play outside on our own all the time.
You left wing PC jagoffs think kids should be raised in the confines of a plastic bubble.
It is YOUR fault there is an epidemic of child obesity because you hand wringers are too shit scared to let your kids out of the house.

You would let a four year old play by himself in the common area of an apartment complex?
Nope. But I wouldn't throw mom in jail for it, either. She needs a parenting class and a wake up call on today's dangers.

And, for the record...I did let my kids play outside at 5 and 6 years old...but they were not alone. My dobermans were always by their side. ALWAYS.
Copper (red female doberman) once dragged my son home by the back of his diapers cuz he went too far into the orchard (we lived on an apple farm). I was outside but didn't see him wander off. Kids can disappear licketysplit....but nowadays...they can be taken by someone else.
Let yer kid play. But make sure you have a guard with them. Human or otherwise.

Irresponsible parent. Four is too young to let play alone in a common area.
HA./.....We used to play outside on our own all the time.
You left wing PC jagoffs think kids should be raised in the confines of a plastic bubble.
It is YOUR fault there is an epidemic of child obesity because you hand wringers are too shit scared to let your kids out of the house.
It's also their fault we have more pedos and criminals and human traffickers walking the streets. We get arrested for allowing our children to play outside, in order to facilitate the depraved criminal element they have burdened us with. Those guys are free...we're the prisoners.

I'm glad you think my kids will only be exposed to an acceptable level of child molestation risk if they are kidnapped and put into foster care. I won't take that chance and I'll kill anyone who tries it.

Some foster families do too and not the way that you are trying to point out.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you think that foster families are so bad, where do you suggest that a child be placed when their real parents do not care about them and there isn't another family member who will take them?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you think that foster families are so bad, where do you suggest that a child be placed when their real parents do not care about them and there isn't another family member who will take them?
Relatives. Make it compulsory.

This is not the 1950's where June Cleaver lived with her son Beaver. ( Ever noticed Beaver last name was Cleaver and his nicked name was " The Beaver " Cleaver? )

This is 2010's where you have rapist within your own home usually. ( Uncle Bob might be lurking )

So no it is not a good idea to leave you four year old child unattended, but thirty days in jail is too much too...
He was called Beaver or Beav but never Beaver Cleaver together, with the exception of his best friend, Larry. Mondello, I recall. Everyone else would call him Theodore Cleaver.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Relatives. Make it compulsory.
And if no relative will take them, then where are they to be placed?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back