S&P Hits 5-Year High

SS is not "safe." It is being eroded by inflation.

The current system exists because of peoples' ignorance and it suits the politicians' interests.

Twice now Obama has threatened to withhold Social Security payments. Had a Republican President said that there's be blood in the street with the AARP handing out AK-47's to all their members
Really. When did obama threaten to withhold ss??? I did not know he had the power. In fact, I am absolutely certain he does not. So, when did he say he was going to do so??? (I am sure I know to what you are referring. I just want to see you make a fool of yourself).

I'm sure you don't know dick about anything

I'm positive about that

Here's the first time Obama threatened our Seniors with destitution and starvation

Last edited by a moderator:
Twice now Obama has threatened to withhold Social Security payments. Had a Republican President said that there's be blood in the street with the AARP handing out AK-47's to all their members
Really. When did obama threaten to withhold ss??? I did not know he had the power. In fact, I am absolutely certain he does not. So, when did he say he was going to do so??? (I am sure I know to what you are referring. I just want to see you make a fool of yourself).

I'm positive about that

Here's the first time Obama threatened our Seniors with destitution and starvation

Obama threatened Franky!​
NOW BOW!~Bitch!

I'm positive about that

Obama threatened Franky!​
NOW BOW!~Bitch!

If a Republican has said it, the AARP would have armed their members and marched on Washington. Not a doubt in my mind it would have ended in bloodshed

I'm positive about that

Apparently you are simply trying to prove you are an idiot. It is not necessary. We already undersstand.

What he said is that he COULD NOT guarantee that ss checks would go out if the tea party repubs managed to stop the increase in the debt ceiling. Because, you see, until the debt ceiling was taken care of, debts COULD not be determine by the PRES. Because, the ability to distribute money is based on legislation that had already occurred. And since the debt ceiling made it impossible to spend the money available, only the congress could determine what would to be paid and what would not be paid. Not the pres, but the congress. And what he was saying was that ss payments could be postponed.

You are making a stupid statement of blame, which is normal for con tools. Nice try, but really stupid.

"Insurance" is an investment.

Insurance companies take your money then invest in stocks, bonds, real estate, private equity, hedge funds, infrastructure, timber, etc.

Yet, only SS invests in government debt obligations.

SS is, in fact, an annuity, which is pretty much the same thing as a defined benefit pension obligation, i.e. it's a pension

SS wouldn't pass ERISA standards if it were anything other than SS, which is pathetic.

SS invests solely in government obligations, which compounds over time at about 4%-5% a year, though its 2%-3% today. A typical pension plan is invested 60% in stocks and 40% in bonds and compounds over time at 8% per year. $100 million invested at 4% is worth $460 million in 50 years. $100 million invested at 8% is worth $4.6 billion in 50 years. We can secure SS for centuries and give people a tax cut if we start treating SS like other countries do, and start investing it like every single other pension plan in the country.

It's not 1930 anymore. It's time to stop acting like it when it comes to SS.

BTW "keep government off my SS" is about as ridiculous as "keep government out of my Medicare."
Sure it is. But you see, we live in a representative republic. Most of the time people get what they want and what they pay for. Funny how that works.

So, sorry you do not like it. No, actually i could care less.

But here is the deal. People want their money safe. They could care less if you have a better scheme for THEIR money. They want the insurance to pay back while they live. They do not want another great republican recession of 2008 to happen to them, and the gov to say "Damn, if only you had retired last year, we would have had a million for you. But, now, well, you are on your own".

But, if you are a politician, the financial industry is pushing for you to change SS to an investment program, so that they can make a few Trillion bucks over time. And you just have to try to get interest. And you will get interest from the voters, if you push it. And you can find a new job.
Then, you can post about how stupid SS is. And how it is not insurance, but an annuity. An annuity that goes to zero, if you die before you are paid. Or if the market tanks again. And you can talk about how stupid ss is, and that the public still wants it. Maybe you should look in the mirror, and see if you see stupid there.

SS is not "safe." It is being eroded by inflation.

The current system exists because of peoples' ignorance and it suits the politicians' interests.

SS is a giant liberal scam. If you make 40K and put 15% into a private account you retire with $1.5 million and $6K a month. With SS welfare you retire with nothing and get only 1.2k a month if you live long enough to collect any of it!

That's living well? The Democratic scams should just be made illegal. What does this say about liberalism?
Imagine how the Democrats have impoverished America? Republican capitalism made us rich, then liberals stole the money!.

SS is a giant liberal scam. If you make 40K and put 15% into a private account you retire with $1.5 million and $6K a month. With SS welfare you retire with nothing and get only 1.2k a month if you live long enough to collect any of it!
You keep stating things as fact when you have to be making various assumptions for them to be true. I don't know of a "private account" that gives you a guaranteed interest rate that high over an entire working career. You might do well and have good returns, or you might do like many people making stupid move after stupid move, pulling their money out when the market goes down the buying again after a bull run because it feels safe to invest again.

Do you know how much that $6k/month will be in today's dollars, assuming 3% inflation and a 45 year career? $1,586. Let me guess you are also assuming some raises in there?

What happens if you are only saving 12.4% (like social security) for 45 years instead of 15%? Quick math (that could well be wrong) shows final balance of only about $1,050,000 = 278k in today's dollars after 45 years.

You keep stating things as fact when you have to be making various assumptions for them to be true. I don't know of a "private account" that gives you a guaranteed interest rate that high over an entire working career. You might do well and have good returns, or you might do like many people making stupid move after stupid move, pulling their money out when the market goes down the buying again after a bull run because it feels safe to invest again.

Do you know how much that $6k/month will be in today's dollars, assuming 3% inflation and a 45 year career? $1,586. Let me guess you are also assuming some raises in there?

What happens if you are only saving 12.4% (like social security) for 45 years instead of 15%? Quick math (that could well be wrong) shows final balance of only about $1,050,000 = 278k in today's dollars after 45 years.

While the guarantees are lower (mind you, there is no guarantee for social security either) the realized rate of return in no loss variable annuities is about 8% over the life of a career. These are ultra conservative investments so the top rate is capped but they are effectively risk free.

You keep stating things as fact when you have to be making various assumptions for them to be true.

As i said if an average America put 15% of his lifetime income at 4-6%( AT&Tor Verizon) in a private account he'd retire with 1.4 $million estate as opposed to no ($0) estate with libturd SS!! Repubican capitalism made us rich, but liberalism stole the money!!!

Its just another a huge huge liberal scandal!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back