S&P 500--highest since 2007

the markets have far outpaced inflation ... and that is a trick considering the markets are a hedge against inflation when the opposite is true.

The funny thing about inflation, it inflates profits, it inflates company asset values and almost every other indicator, but it decreases the purchasing power of the dollar, so eventually even the market bubble will burst. The fed can only prop it up so long by printing more devalued money.

The index is less than 5 points from it's all-time high.

Good job with the economy, Mr. President!

Business on NBCNews.com

Compare that to the decrease in the value of a dollar and you will find that it is all fluff.

That's why the dollar has gained against the Euro? You silly people. My stocks are doing well, my dividends well.

Your comparison is analogous to comparing the position of the Andrea Doria to that of the Lusitania.

Sure, the Andrea Doria is 60 feet higher than the Lusitania...but it's still 240 feet underwater.

Last edited:
Manufacturers cutting white-collar jobs now, too - PostBulletin.com: Local Business

"I had to lay people off to survive, then I noticed it's not such a big deal" to do things myself, President Rosser Pryor says. "When I'm buying something, I can go online. I don't need a buyer."

Pryor says do-it-yourself software means he doesn't have to rehire though business has rebounded.

The numbers startle even labor economists. In the United States, half of the 7.5 million jobs lost during the Great Recession paid middle-class wages, ranging from $38,000 to $68,000. But only 2 percent of the 3.5 million jobs gained since the recession ended in June 2009 are midpay. Nearly 70 percent are low-paying jobs; 29 percent pay well.
---------------------------------------------
And yet, millions of jobs go unfilled:

----------------------------------------------

Three million jobs with good starting salaries go unfilled | www.clarkhoward.com

Continuing education is core to our future as a nation.
-------------------------------------------------

President Obama said he wanted to invest in education, including Jr. College and Technical schools because companies won't turn over a million dollar piece of equipment to someone with no education.

Rick Santorum called him a "snob" for wanting Americans to have an education. His GOP audience cheered.

Mitt Romney wanted to bring immigrants with degrees here and cut education in this country. I'm guessing because he felt a base that applauded what Santorum said are too stupid to learn anything except repeating propaganda from Fox. Don't Republicans on this site kinda prove that point? Well, don't they?

Compare that to the decrease in the value of a dollar and you will find that it is all fluff.

That's why the dollar has gained against the Euro? You silly people. My stocks are doing well, my dividends well.

Your comparison is analogous to comparing the position of the Andrea Doria to that of the Lusitania.

Sure, the Andrea Doria is 60 feet higher than the Lusitania...but it's still 240 feet underwater.

The similie only works if you can show that major leaks exist and that the water tight compartments will fail.

Last edited:
Finally. We predicted that Obama's policies would drag out the recovery we only didn't know it would take this long. Unless of course you didn't think the biggest economy in the world would ever come back.

It is also nice to see that liberals embrace the biggest symbol of American capitalism as a sign of recovery. Meanwhile ignoring the 6 trillion in debt and an unemployment rate still at almost 8 percent. And have you bought gasoline or home heating oil lately?

Forum List

Back