S. Korean Folk Singer Libels Macarthur A Murderer

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
S. Korea's version of Michael Moore continues to whip up anti-American hatred... the American-S. Korean alliance may not be the same after 9/11 if he and his ilk are successful in igniting a riot that leads to macarthur's statue being torn down and mutilated.

we should end this pretense of an alliance right now, or at least throw down the gauntlet and tell s. korea's liberal, leftist leadership that we will no longer tolerate their policy of anti-american comments, statements and open support of hatred against americans.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200509/200509090010.html

Folk Singer Calls MacArthur a ‘Murderer’

A Korean folk singer has released a song calling U.S. General Douglas MacArthur a “murderer, timed to go off like a time bomb amidst tensions between conservative and progressive groups over a statue of the old soldier in Incheon's Freedom Park.
The song blames MacArthur for the massacre of Korean civilians in Jeju Island on April 3, 1948 and the slaughter of civilians at Nogeun-ri during the Korean War. It joins calls for the statue to be pulled down.

"I released the song ahead of protests planned for Sunday calling for the statue to be removed,” singer Park Seong-hwan told the Chosun Ilbo on Friday. “I wanted to teach people about the side of MacArthur ordinary people don’t know about."

Asked if the lyrics might be too radical, Park said, "MacArthur is a war criminal who directly ordered massacres of civilians... As UN commander at the time, there are things he must take responsibility for."

Between verses two and three, Park adds his own narration. "Seize Seoul. There are girls and ladies there. For three days, Seoul will be yours -- UN Commander Douglas MacArthur, September 1950." Park says historical records confirm that this is an authentic quote by the maverick commander.

Park made a name for himself following the deaths of two middle school girls crushed by a U.S. armored vehicle in 2002 with the song "Fucking USA."

([email protected] )

The oldest generation is the key.

They are the ones who treated me and my Marines so well when we deployed. We ran all over the countryside simulating the violent death of Kim IL Sung. We went north to tour the DMZ.

The old ones actually showed gratitude and thanked us for what our parents had done.

Problem is, the old ones didn't pass along that gratitude to their kids and grandkids.

Europe all over again.

pegwinn said:
Europe all over again.

twice as bad as the euros...

and you're right, the oldest generation is simply amazing there. a model for the elderly around the world, especially in how long their memories are of "Friends".

too bad the government poisoned the minds of the people against america.

when you are intersted, here is a survey under korean students how they see the world.

Korean Students' Dislike of Japan Not Shared by Japanese Counterparts
Korean students feel least friendly toward Japan, while Japanese students placed Korea as No. 2 on their list of nations they feel friendly towards after the United States, a survey has found. The South Chungcheong Province chapter of the Korean Teachers and Education Workers’ Union said Sunday that this was the result of a survey of 618 Japanese students and 521 Korean students by the culture and history team of the high school teachers’ association of Kumamoto, Japan.

The survey showed that 44.9 percent of Korean students chose Japan as the nation they felt least friendly toward, followed by the United States with 42.8 percent and China with 7.5 percent. Japanese students named North Korea as the nation they felt least close to with 43 percent, followed by China (7.9 percent), Iraq (6.1 percent) and the United States (1.5 percent).

Korean students cited past colonial rule, history distortions and the Dokdo issue as reasons why they did not feel friendly toward Japan, while Japanese student said they felt close to Korea because it is their neighbor, they see Korean entertainers on TV and because the two nations have much in common.

Korean students cited Turkey as the nation they felt closest to with 16.1 percent due to the "friendship they shared during the Korea-Japan World Cup in 2002," followed by the Netherlands (15.1 percent), citing "coach Gus Hiddink," who led Korea’s national soccer team during the World Cup, and "flowers." North Korea came in third with 13.6 percent.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/h...0508150017.html

this survey was on this paper about 2 months ago, but now it is in archives, and unfortunately not accessible through this link anymore.

So they base their opinion of a country on whether they like their soccer coach? Who answered this survey- 12 year olds?

Thanks for the information, though, Canavar.

Abbey Normal said:
So they base their opinion of a country on whether they like their soccer coach? Who answered this survey- 12 year olds?

Thanks for the information, though, Canavar.

no, these were students. South Koreans are smart people, when you look at PISA-Tests from OECD you see, that Korean students are one of the smartest.

i Think south-Koreans view is only at short notice. in long terms i Think they will reconsider positions. South Koreans are good people.
But it is nowadays modern to be Anti-americanistic, with Michael Moore clowns all over the world makeing $$$ with anti-americanism and influencing unexperienced people in foreign policy.

I think South Korean youth sees North-Korea as brothers. And perhaps they think america is a blocking Power in becoming North + South closer.
I can remeber demonstrations in South Korea where because of this young people went to streets.

but in the end in my opinion America-Criticism will not exist as an unavoidable Phenomen in South Korea.
We do not know exact large Studies from there.
And the survey i linked here was only about 600 people.
Perhaps these 600 students were leftists. i do not know.
but it is surely not representable survey with 600 people.

you should not generalize them as Anti-Americans, i think they are surely not... In Korea war you made much good to them.

And in long terms these Views will dominate again.

Take the statue down and move it to a prominant place in Washington. Anti-American imbeciles are not worthy of having even a symbol of the great man's presence among them. Let NK have 'em. Like Europe, their uses are few and far between, and certainly no longer great enough to merit our protection.

canavar said:
no, these were students. South Koreans are smart people, when you look at PISA-Tests from OECD you see, that Korean students are one of the smartest.

i Think south-Koreans view is only at short notice. in long terms i Think they will reconsider positions. South Koreans are good people.
But it is nowadays modern to be Anti-americanistic, with Michael Moore clowns all over the world makeing $$$ with anti-americanism and influencing unexperienced people in foreign policy.

I think South Korean youth sees North-Korea as brothers. And perhaps they think america is a blocking Power in becoming North + South closer.
I can remeber demonstrations in South Korea where because of this young people went to streets.

but in the end in my opinion America-Criticism will not exist as an unavoidable Phenomen in South Korea.
We do not know exact large Studies from there.
And the survey i linked here was only about 600 people.
Perhaps these 600 students were leftists. i do not know.
but it is surely not representable survey with 600 people.

you should not generalize them as Anti-Americans, i think they are surely not... In Korea war you made much good to them.

And in long terms these Views will dominate again.

I understand what you are trying to say, but sorry, it's about time the world understands the US is not the same country as 9/10/01. Truth is, we are really assessing who are are friends and enemies-even now, 9/17/05.

is there one of these cocksuckers in every country? good lord i thought our moore was bad enough.

Take the statue down and move it to a prominant place in Washington. Anti-American imbeciles are not worthy of having even a symbol of the great man's presence among them. Let NK have 'em. Like Europe, their uses are few and far between, and certainly no longer great enough to merit our protection.

Yea your right, who cares about South Korea? I mean the only thing they do is make us watch their border. That and produce the majority of the world's memory chips, along with a significant percentage of global LCD tvs, televisions, steel, etc. And in 30 years went from being poorer than Ethiopia to becoming the world's 9th largest economy ( and still maintaining growth higher than 6%) Not to mention that they are our second best ally in the region (after Japan) and best militarially. Also, few people realize the popularity of the US among young Koreans. They've adopted both our own and other, similar culural icons, music, clothing, and movies.
(Sourcehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_South_Korea)

So yea lets forget them over the words of one malcontent whose pissed off. Then we can go after the Brits, I heard that one time the someone there disagreed with us too.

Forum List

Back