s Impossible For The US To Default

Obama's Zimbabwe plan.

obama-printing-money.jpeg
Yeah, because inflation is definitely climbing faster then we can manage it.. NOT.

Give Obamacare about ten years...it will
....? How is obamacare going to cause hyperinflation? Even conservative economists will call that idea insane.

Juvenile posters don't understand inflation, the debt, or what "default" means. How exciting.
Uneducated OP doesn't understand establishment press.

Forbes? Yeah, they have a lot of great articles, I use them a lot.

But c'mon, seriously? The Forbes family is a financial family that is one of the oldest in the US. Their interests in conditioning the public to have faith in the economic system is so entrenched.

You did know they were loyalists during the revolution, yes?

That whole Johnny Tremain book they put out was just an effort to polish up their image. . . . .

Just so you know.

Yup, them and the city of London. Buddy buddy, doing the bidding of the Emperor. Er. . . Federal Reserve.

Juvenile posters don't understand inflation, the debt, or what "default" means. How exciting.
Uneducated OP doesn't understated establishment press.

Forbes? Yeah, they have a lot of great artcles, I use them a lot.

But c'mon, seriously? The Forbes family is a financial family that is one of the oldest in the US. Their interests in conditioning the public to have faith in the economic system is so entrenched.

You did know they were loyalists during the revolution, yes?

That whole Johnny Tremain book they put out was just an effort to polish up their image. . . . .

Just so you know.

Yup, them and the city of London. Buddy buddy, doing the bidding of the Emperor. Er. . . Federal Reserve.
-.-
I can't take this stuff seriously.
The fed reserve isn't going to kill us all and there isn't a grand conspiracy.

Obama's Zimbabwe plan.

Yeah, because inflation is definitely climbing faster then we can manage it.. NOT.

....? How is obamacare going to cause hyperinflation? Even conservative economists will call that idea insane.

I never used the word hyperinflation, medicare and medicaid (along with Social Security and interest on debt) rise with inflation so the cost of covering national debt's interest rates would rise, the fear isn't default the fear is inflation. As costs go up more money is printed and the value of the dollar will fall. The result is Congress couldn't authorize reimbursements for instance, Social Security would exhaust itself and the standard of living for Americas would be drastically reduced.

You simply cannot just print money to pay debts, there are repercussions...inflation being the most feared and a worthless dollar

Obama's Zimbabwe plan.

I never used the word hyperinflation, medicare and medicaid (along with Social Security and interest on debt) rise with inflation so the cost of covering national debt's interest rates would rise, the fear isn't default the fear is inflation. As costs go up more money is printed and the value of the dollar will fall. The result is Congress couldn't authorize reimbursements for instance, Social Security would exhaust itself and the standard of living for Americas would be drastically reduced.

You simply cannot just print money to pay debts, there are repercussions...inflation being the most feared and a worthless dollar
Notice the Zimbabwe photo. Sorry if I assumed you meant that. The program's you mention have fixes available, especially SS, the problem is, politicians won't do anything and are still afraid of debt. Inflation is going to happen regardless, and it's not that hard to control. Of course you can't simply print money, well, I lied, you can, and if the debt ever got close to defaulting, we could manage it without killer inflation. It's not going to default though, because economists, well, read the OP.

Obama's Zimbabwe plan.

Notice the Zimbabwe photo. Sorry if I assumed you meant that. The program's you mention have fixes available, especially SS, the problem is, politicians won't do anything and are still afraid of debt. Inflation is going to happen regardless, and it's not that hard to control. Of course you can't simply print money, well, I lied, you can, and if the debt ever got close to defaulting, we could manage it without killer inflation. It's not going to default though, because economists, well, read the OP.

You're stumped, eh? Look, I have a degree in economics and I'm here to tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about

Let us know when it becomes worthless....I bet you'd like a stack of Rubles right now, instead of US dollars..
These fools pretend we're going to print massive amounts of money and directly inject it evenly into the economy.. They don't understand inflation or the debt,

Look who is calling anyone a fool, you think a nation can just print money and all will be ok. That is the height of economic illiteracy
Not what I said. We do print money at will though, and have been doing that for some time. Have we died yet?

You're saying print money at will to avoid a default...bad business and the repercussions would be disastrous
Disastrous? Sure, there will be some effects on inflation, but inflation isn't the end of days. For example, if you had to choose between inflation and controlling unemployment...
I don't think this poster was alive in the seventies. Anyone with me here?
stagflation2.png

You're stumped, eh? Look, I have a degree in economics and I'm here to tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about
Tell that to Alan greenspan and many others. I trust them over some random internet poster.

Tell that to Alan greenman and many others. I trust them over some random internet poster.

Alan greenman (sic) huh?

Definitely not alive during the seventies. :lmao:

These fools pretend we're going to print massive amounts of money and directly inject it evenly into the economy.. They don't understand inflation or the debt,

Look who is calling anyone a fool, you think a nation can just print money and all will be ok. That is the height of economic illiteracy
Not what I said. We do print money at will though, and have been doing that for some time. Have we died yet?

You're saying print money at will to avoid a default...bad business and the repercussions would be disastrous
Disastrous? Sure, there will be some effects on inflation, but inflation isn't the end of days. For example, if you had to choose between inflation and controlling unemployment...
I don't think this poster was alive in the seventies. Anyone with me here?
stagflation2.png
Oil prices and deficit reduction will do that. I wasn't aware we controlled oil prices in the 70s.

Tell me Dovahkiin, What is Stagflation?
High inflation with high unemployment and slow growth. Think back to the deficit reduction, which slowed growth, and raised unemployment.. The oil prices had a large affect on this you know. Completely different from what the OP is about.

Tell that to Alan greenman and many others. I trust them over some random internet poster.

Alan greenman (sic) huh?

Definitely not alive during the seventies. :lmao:
Greenspan, was typing fast and accidentally put in greenman. Post is edited now. Alan Greenspan and many others know a hell of a lot more then someone trying to cite the 70s as evidence that we can't "print" money

High inflation with high unemployment and slow growth. Think back to the deficit reduction, which slowed growth, and raised unemployment.. The oil prices had a large affect on this you know. Completely different from what the OP is about.
It wasn't oil prices.

It was energy use.

The amount of energy that a nation uses is directly proportionally to it's economic growth.

For instance, currently, we may have low oil prices, but the national and international government are so involved in manipulating the energy market, they may be causing a repressed economy.

world-energy-consumption-and-gdp-growth-in-2010-to-2014r.png

Deficit reduction has nothing to do with slowing growth. The government getting involved in the economy will slow your growth.

Or. . . . if businesses don't trust what the Fed is going to do, or if the only money in the system is owned by the banks and they aren't willing to let it go. . .

It wasn't oil prices.

It was energy use.

The amount of energy that a nation uses is directly proportionally to it's economic growth.

For instance, currently, we may have low oil prices, but the national and international government are so involved in manipulating the energy market, they may be causing a repressed economy.

Deficit reduction has nothing to do with slowing growth. The government getting involved in the economy will slow your growth.

Or. . . . if businesses don't trust what the Fed is going to do, or if the only money in the system is owned by the banks and they aren't willing to let it go. . .
Conspiracy material. Weee.. Are you trying to say oil prices weren't relevant in the 70s? Deficit reduction does, in fact, relate to slowed growth. The government getting involved GROWS GROWTH. Remember the oil shock?

It wasn't oil prices.

It was energy use.

Conspiracy material. Weee.. Are you trying to say oil prices weren't relevant in the 70s? Deficit reduction does, in fact, relate to slowed growth. The government getting involved GROWS GROWTH. Remember the oil shock?
Grows growth huh?

It wasn't oil prices.

It was energy use.

Grows growth huh?
Yes, the rate of growth.

Forum List

Back