S.F. Supes Pass Happy Meal Ban with Veto-Proof Majority

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
why yes of course, while their city falls apart, time to do something breathtakingly idiotic. They have to much tome on their hands to boot.

The supes today passed an ordinance that will require meals to meet nutritional guidelines if restaurants wish to include a toy with the food purchase. More importantly, the supes passed the so-called "Happy Meal Ban" by an 8-3 vote ― meaning it can survive a promised veto from Mayor Gavin Newsom. That's right: San Francisco done banned the Happy Meal. Robble robble.

rest at-
S.F. Supes Pass Happy Meal Ban with Veto-Proof Majority - San Francisco Restaurants and Dining - SFoodie

It probably gives them that warm and fuzzy feeling inside like they have done something for the good of the people. Problem is that there are no priorities set...what's the unemployment rate in Ca.....11%?

why yes of course, while their city falls apart, time to do something breathtakingly idiotic. They have to much tome on their hands to boot.

The supes today passed an ordinance that will require meals to meet nutritional guidelines if restaurants wish to include a toy with the food purchase. More importantly, the supes passed the so-called "Happy Meal Ban" by an 8-3 vote ― meaning it can survive a promised veto from Mayor Gavin Newsom. That's right: San Francisco done banned the Happy Meal. Robble robble.

rest at-
S.F. Supes Pass Happy Meal Ban with Veto-Proof Majority - San Francisco Restaurants and Dining - SFoodie

Didn't you get the memo? Parents are unable to make these decisions anymore. They're too busy and need someone else to tell them what to do.

What a whacked-out place that is. :cuckoo:

California just cracks me up. The whole State is about to go down the tubes and their biggest priority is a Happy Meal served at McDonalds. Watching what goes on in that State is better than any SitCom that's ever been on tv.

It probably gives them that warm and fuzzy feeling inside like they have done something for the good of the people. Problem is that there are no priorities set...what's the unemployment rate in Ca.....11%?

12.4% state wide , as high as 20% in some areas....:eusa_shhh;):

Any city should be able to agree on what social contract it will follow. If it doesn't want drive up liquor windows, it should be able to ban them (however dumb that might be.) If it doesn't want adult bookstores or strip clubs or gambling in the city limits, so be it. But each time it dictates to a private business what it may or may not do to conduct business, it chips away at fundamental freedoms. Technically the Happy Meal toy ban is no different than banning smoking or requiring Playboy to be 'hidden' in 7/11 stores.

At some point though I hope our libertarian roots are regenerated and we wake up and stop voting to control our neighbor in ways that do not affect us in the least. I fear for our country if this kind of thing becomes popular outside the looney fringe areas.

I honestly don't get how supposed LIBERALS can't see the hypocrisy of their stances regarding FORCING folks to do what someone else has decided is "best" for them... :cuckoo:

I guess Liberals don't stand for liberation of anything.

McDonalds will be the next majority franchise chain to pull out of kullyfornia.

Yup, those people in charge in kullyfornia sure do know what they're doing. The state is billions of dollars in debt, businesses are leaving in droves, so why not put more restraints on one of the most successful businesses there? Sure... that makes perfect sense. Drive some more money out of the state. Best thing to do when you're broke... right?

And so they also recycle one of their old, hippie, radicals for governor. What a bunch of freakin' morons.

McDonalds will be the next majority franchise chain to pull out of kullyfornia.

Yup, those people in charge in kullyfornia sure do know what they're doing. The state is billions of dollars in debt, businesses are leaving in droves, so why not put more restraints on one of the most successful businesses there? Sure... that makes perfect sense. Drive some more money out of the state. Best thing to do when you're broke... right?

And so they also recycle one of their old, hippie, radicals for governor. What a bunch of freakin' morons.

I don't think there were more than 2 or 3 McDonalds in San Francisco anyway--land costs there have pretty much shut the fast food franchises out of the market there. It isn't as if the kids have been over exposed to happy meals.

Fyrenza makes a good point though. Liberals get their panties in a bunch over the slightest suggestion of morality that comes from the right, but have no qualms about imposing their own sense of morality on everybody.

The double standard is alive and well, yes?

I honestly don't get how supposed LIBERALS can't see the hypocrisy of their stances regarding FORCING folks to do what someone else has decided is "best" for them... :cuckoo:

These liberals don't mind. They're all liberals.

its not about doing whats right, its about power, tongue in cheek but apt I think, I read this on the throne this morning.....succinct and well said;

They Hate Our Guts
And they’re drunk on power.

Perhaps you’re having a tiny last minute qualm about voting Republican. Take heart. And take the House and the Senate. Yes, there are a few flakes of dander in the fair tresses of the GOP’s crowning glory—an isolated isolationist or two, a hint of gold buggery, and Christine O’Donnell announcing that she’s not a witch. (I ask you, has Hillary Clinton ever cleared this up?) Fret not over Republican peccadilloes such as the Tea Party finding the single, solitary person in Nevada who couldn’t poll ten to one against Harry Reid. Better to have a few cockeyed mutts running the dog pound than Michael Vick

I take it back. Using the metaphor of Michael Vick for the Democratic party leadership implies they are people with a capacity for moral redemption who want to call good plays on the legislative gridiron. They aren’t. They don’t. The reason is simple. They hate our guts.

They don’t just hate our Republican, conservative, libertarian, strict constructionist, family values guts. They hate everybody’s guts. And they hate everybody who has any. Democrats hate men, women, blacks, whites, Hispanics, gays, straights, the rich, the poor, and the middle class.

Democrats hate Democrats most of all. Witness the policies that Democrats have inflicted on their core constituencies, resulting in vile schools, lawless slums, economic stagnation, and social immobility. Democrats will do anything to make sure that Democratic voters stay helpless and hopeless enough to vote for Democrats.

snip-

Democrats hate success. Success could supply the funds for a power elopement. Fire up the Learjet. Flight plan: Grand Cayman. Democrats hate failure too. The true American loser laughs at legal monopoly on force. He’s got his own gun.

Democrats hate productivity, lest production be outsourced to someplace their beloved power can’t go. And Democrats also hate us none-too-productive drones in our cubicles or behind the counters of our service economy jobs. Tax us as hard as they will, we modest earners don’t generate enough government revenue to dress and adorn the power that Democrats worship.

Democrats hate stay-at-home spouses, no matter what gender or gender preference. Democratic advocacy for feminism, gay marriage, children’s rights, and “reproductive choice” is simply a way to invade -power’s little realm of domestic private life and bring it under the domination of Democrats.

Democrats hate immigrants. Immigrants can’t stay illegal because illegality puts immigrants outside the legal monopoly on force. But immigrants can’t become legal either. They’d prosper and vote Republican.

Democrats hate America being a world power because world power gives power to the nation instead of to Democrats.

conclusion at-

They Hate Our Guts | The Weekly Standard

rest at-

This is from the same City that did this;

On Feb. 28, the supervisors passed a resolution urging impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney for leading the country into war in Iraq, eroding civil liberties and other activities. Sandoval appeared last month on Fox News' Hannity & Colmes show and said, "The United States should not have a military. All in all, we would be in much, much, much better shape."
USATODAY.com - San Francisco gives battleship the heave-ho

In doing so they rejected the USS Iowa that served this nation proudly and all the sailors that ever served aboard her as symbols of War. So is it any wonder that when California suffers from high unemloyment, and a whole host of other problems, that the City of S.F. is wasting time with the "happy meals".

Had something of the same problem when I had a bar in Georgia. The conservative legislature in their infinite wisdom, banned drink specials. They also forced me to serve food in my bar. Forced.

But they did very little about the power grid that went out every time it rained..causing all that food I was forced to serve to go bad.

Gotta love it.

rest at-

On Feb. 28, the supervisors passed a resolution urging impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney for leading the country into war in Iraq, eroding civil liberties and other activities. Sandoval appeared last month on Fox News' Hannity & Colmes show and said, "The United States should not have a military. All in all, we would be in much, much, much better shape."

In doing so they rejected the USS Iowa that served this nation proudly and all the sailors that ever served aboard her as symbols of War. So is it any wonder that when California suffers from high unemloyment, and a whole host of other problems, that the City of S.F. is wasting time with the "happy meals".

Aside from the Navy..which part of the Military is suppose to be permanent? I mean..according to the United States Constitution?

rest at-

Aside from the Navy..which part of the Military is suppose to be permanent? I mean..according to the United States Constitution?

Article 1 Sec. 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

Armor, December 12, 1776
The Armor branch traces its origin to the Cavalry. A regiment of cavalry was authorized to be raised by the Continental Congress Resolve of December 12, 1776. Although mounted units were raised at various times after the Revolution, the first in continuous service was the United States Regiment of Dragoons, organized in 1833. The Tank Service was formed on March 5, 1918. The Armored Force was formed on July 10, 1940. Armor became a permanent branch of the Army in 1950.

The United States Air Force (USAF) is the lead aerial warfare and space warfare service branch of the United States armed forces and one of the American uniformed services. Initially part of the United States Army, the USAF was formed as a separate branch of the military on September 18, 1947 under the National Security Act of 1947

It derives from similar language in the Congressional acts "For the Better Organization of the Marine Corps" of 1834, and "Establishing and Organizing a Marine Corps" of 1798

Each Act an Act of congress under the constitution, that allows congress to collect taxes , etc to provide for the common defense, and in doing so, you have a Standing Army, Navy, and Marine Corps, etc.

In fact, iin that Article you also have this,

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

Thus the reason why , each branch of the Military must each year have a budget passed by congress, and in fact if it were fully in line with the constitution then it would be every two years and not every year like it is now.

Nice to know SF has its priorities in order.

Happy Meal 1st then of course their Sanctuary status 2nd and then mayby jobs a distant 3rd??

Nice to know SF has its priorities in order.

Happy Meal 1st then of course their Sanctuary status 2nd and then mayby jobs a distant 3rd??

No jobs are waaaaaaay down on the list under some social issues, legalization of pot, and abolition of the U.S. military.

Forum List

Back