Ryan's War On People in Poverty: Here We GO Again: 47% message

Our whole system is predicated on the top few controlling everything. Luckily the middle class is given a little. I call what we have now a plutocracy. But things occur behind the scenes. The system is completely out of whack. Completely.

not only did that 47% have things MUCH BETTER UNDER BUSH AND REPUBS; but 93% of American households are WORSE OFF UNDER OBAMA.
in fact the top 7% of the RICHEST Americans and ONLY that 7%; has seen an increase in Household Income

libs are losers who lie to themselves

And you cons still believe that the reason things aren't better is because we are taxing the wealthy too much. You act as if Obama put an end to "trickle down" economics by massively increasing taxes on the wealthy. And then on top of that, you blame poor people for getting a little help because despite working a full-time job and a part-time job, they still aren't making enough to feed their kids.

Next week the House budget bill is to be marked up in committee. Talk about your War on the Poor, er, I mean, War on Poverty. Should be good, watching Representatives worth millions from districts with high rates of poverty argue against any social program whatsoever. I will get to hear Paul Ryan give his Ann Rand economic philosophy a stroll in the sun. Anyone who thinks there is even the slightest similarity between Democrats and Republicans should watch a few minutes of it. I will have a thread going of course I might even get a little video uploaded.

He puts another nail in his coffin for the 2016 Presidential bid.

"Though they spoke forcefully against the Ryan budget, House Democrats are, no doubt, privately pleased that nearly the entire Republican conference is on the record supporting a measure that would bump up defense spending by hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade while simultaneously cutting the funding available for virtually everything else the federal government does, including Medicare, Medicaid, and a host of programs that support the poor.

The budget eliminates the federal deficit within 10 years through proposals that Ryan says would cut more than $5 trillion in spending over a decade. The single biggest cost savings that Ryan identifies is $2.1 trillion from the complete repeal of the Affordable Care Act."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gop-approves-ryan-budget-dems-182700767.html

Q. How can Paul Ryan, a good and devout Catholic, be so unchristian?

A.

"Though they spoke forcefully against the Ryan budget, House Democrats are, no doubt, privately pleased that nearly the entire Republican conference is on the record supporting a measure that would bump up defense spending by hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade while simultaneously cutting the funding available for virtually everything else the federal government does, including Medicare, Medicaid, and a host of programs that support the poor.

The budget eliminates the federal deficit within 10 years through proposals that Ryan says would cut more than $5 trillion in spending over a decade. The single biggest cost savings that Ryan identifies is $2.1 trillion from the complete repeal of the Affordable Care Act."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gop-approves-ryan-budget-dems-182700767.html

Q. How can Paul Ryan, a good and devout Catholic, be so unchristian?

A.
Sister Simone Campbell called out Ryan on his budget.

Sister Simone Campbell, ?Nun from the Bus,? calls GOP budget ?immoral? | OnFaith

Last edited:
not only did that 47% have things MUCH BETTER UNDER BUSH AND REPUBS; but 93% of American households are WORSE OFF UNDER OBAMA.
in fact the top 7% of the RICHEST Americans and ONLY that 7%; has seen an increase in Household Income

And you cons still believe that the reason things aren't better is because we are taxing the wealthy too much. You act as if Obama put an end to "trickle down" economics by massively increasing taxes on the wealthy. And then on top of that, you blame poor people for getting a little help because despite working a full-time job and a part-time job, they still aren't making enough to feed their kids.
You leftists need to stop saying that you are helping the poor.

You are not. Government assistance in any form but that which helps people become self sustaining is not help and is in fact, the worst form of cruelty.

LOl, look at the desperate lefties

now we are STARVING KIDS

I've been paying to welfare, food stamps, wic, gawd I'm sure I have forget a few all my 40 years of my working life

but it's the same dirty politics every election...hell with Obama re-election campaign we were pushing grandmas over cliffs in wheelchairs....are they pathetic? we know they are desperate...but it's the same ole same ole...every election...dirt, smears, lies, they have no record to run on, the people can't stand Obama and his party...

You dumb shit. The rich have been stealing your money, not the poor.
Back to the ignore list for you. You are literally, too stupid to interact with.

You leftists need to stop saying that you are helping the poor.

You are not. Government assistance in any form but that which helps people become self sustaining is not help and is in fact, the worst form of cruelty.

Really? You know that? Gov't Assist is worse than not having food for one's children, or not having the money to buy medicine for them? With all due respect, you're full of shit.

The best thing about any financial plan at all (which has been absent for 5 years now) would be that a benefitted business community would mean many, many full-time jobs for the 20% of Americans who are not holding jobs down right now.

They could quit depending on other people's taxes and earn their own money to spend as they wish and take care of themselves in the manner that they see fit.

Ryan's plan would reestablish the business sector that Nancy, Harry, Barack, and Hillary have dismissed as inconvenient, chasing jobs out into the wild blue yonder.

With more jobs, there is less poverty, and voila! When people earn money, they pay taxes, so the gummint gets what it needs without having to punish people whose businesses have been a success.

Thank you for starting this thread, Mr. Dante. I'm excited about a change of power in Washington that will dump the job killers in favor of helping the job creators grow wealth where poverty struck.

:woohoo:

You go, Senator Ryan!

Last edited:
In the upside down world of right wing loons, people are worse off for accepting government assistance as if the assistance came before the need.

Ignore why people need assistance, just mention they are worse off than before they accepted assistance. DO not question why they need assistance

YOU POOR BABBLING IDIOT. people are worse off because THINGS ARE WORSE under obama. and because obama has loosened welfare restrictions. we're not living in an upside down world leftard; you're living in DENIAL. THE TWO items are not mutually exclusive. ....... under obama there are more needy AND more people gaming the system

Indeed and disability

-Geaux

SSA: Disability Recipients Soar, Funding Nearly Depleted Under Obama
Tuesday, 17 Dec 2013 05:37 PM
By Jennifer G. Hickey

The number of Americans receiving Social Security disability payments has increased 20 percent since President Barack Obama took office and the influx of new recipients has pushed the program close to insolvency.

The annual deficit in the Social Security Disability Trust Fund hit $31.49 billion in fiscal 2013 and the remaining balance of $100.49 billion in the fund will be depleted by 2016, the Social Security Administration predicts.

SSA: Disability Recipients Soar, Funding Nearly Depleted Under Obama

LyinRyan's college was paid for my Social Security but now he wants it cut.

1977410_733202256701642_446194065_n.jpg

I haven't quite figured out whether Ryan and his bunch served-up such a (seemingly) Draconian budget as something they expected to pass in large part, or whether it was merely showmanship and brinksmanship... tossing-in bargaining chips that they could remove from the stack one at a time during the course of negotiations.

One area that interests me, in connection with personal family, is the realm of Veterans benefits, and a number of veterans' organizations are clamoring about the dangers to the VA Healthcare system and other operations of the US Dept of Veterans Affairs, in connection with the Ryan budget, and, frankly (and admittedly, superficially), I'm not seeing that.

I've been reading along, taking notes, and highlighting text of Ryan's "War of Poverty" document. I was going to wait until I got through the whole thing before posting a summary. The first part is a page or two on each safety net program; short description, pros and cons, and total cost. I just got to page 85, National School Lunch Program. The document states that, "The academic literature suggests that the NSLP contributes to childhood obesity, but overall findings are inconclusive." The titles of the two comments in the pros and cons are "NSPL contributes to obesity among schoolchildren." and "Participating low-income girls see an increase in body mass index." As someone who got one filling meal a day that I ate with relish thanks to NSLP I would like to say something to a certain someone who supports tax cuts for the top tax bracket, I am not saying who, I do hope he does not take this the wrong way. I would like to say, "Please go fuck yourself."

The right just loves starving kids though. LyinRyan considers hunger a good thing - even though he was also helped by public programs.

The good news is that every time that that serial liar opens his mouth, the R loses votes.

The bad news is their gerrymandering and stealing votes will probably give them some wins.

oh shut, I was poor in my childhood, we got charity boxes of government rations, like cheese, bread, flour, etc....and we survived (which we were frikken grateful for) and at others times we had to cut back on some things..THAT'S CALL LIFE

no you were probably born with a silver spoon in your mouth it's no wonder you accuse people of wanting to stave people..it's about a low as you can crawl
being a liberal is easy, you can stand on a soap box and say and post thread like this, because if any on you had any honor you know we are not looking to starve people...but as for one penny be cut from any entitlement and this is YOUr UGLY SPEW

Let's tax the 47 percent each $2000 and give that to the top 1 percent because its hard for them to afford their taxes. Some people are out there and are working 2 jobs to get by. They surely are thankful for those jobs LOL.

I've been reading along, taking notes, and highlighting text of Ryan's "War of Poverty" document. I was going to wait until I got through the whole thing before posting a summary. The first part is a page or two on each safety net program; short description, pros and cons, and total cost. I just got to page 85, National School Lunch Program. The document states that, "The academic literature suggests that the NSLP contributes to childhood obesity, but overall findings are inconclusive." The titles of the two comments in the pros and cons are "NSPL contributes to obesity among schoolchildren." and "Participating low-income girls see an increase in body mass index." As someone who got one filling meal a day that I ate with relish thanks to NSLP I would like to say something to a certain someone who supports tax cuts for the top tax bracket, I am not saying who, I do hope he does not take this the wrong way. I would like to say, "Please go fuck yourself."

The right just loves starving kids though. LyinRyan considers hunger a good thing - even though he was also helped by public programs.

The good news is that every time that that serial liar opens his mouth, the R loses votes.

The bad news is their gerrymandering and stealing votes will probably give them some wins.

oh shut, I was poor in my childhood, we got charity boxes of government rations, like cheese, bread, flour, etc....and we survived (which we were frikken grateful for) and at others times we had to cut back on some things..THAT'S CALL LIFE

no you were probably born with a silver spoon in your mouth it's no wonder you accuse people of wanting to stave people..it's about a low as you can crawl
being a liberal is easy, you can stand on a soap box and say and post thread like this, because if any on you had any honor you know we are not looking to starve people...but as for one penny be cut from any entitlement and this is YOUr UGLY SPEW

[MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION] - Yet another rw who got a hand up but doesn't think anyone else should.

Or, are you saying you got the help you needed and it made you a lazy bum and you never again held a job?

You've also said you now get Social Security AND Medicare but you don't think others should.

Hypocrite.

@Stephanie saying she took government aid but is against it for others, reminds me of this other rw hypocrite. How many more millions brainless rw hypocrite are there?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid - YouTube[/ame]

mandateheritage.png

from the conservative Heritage Foundation

Why I do not trust conservatives when it comes to criticism of Obamacare

Heritage Foundation: 'Mandate All Households To Obtain Adequate Insurance' | ThinkProgress

Where does it say anyone agreed to impose mandates through "federal govt"
(especially the IRS by fining taxpayers!) and changing the rates and regulating the
services offered by insurance instead of leaving that to free market choices?

Just because Christians believe the world would be better off if all households
followed the principles in Christianity doesn't mean it wouldn't be a national disaster
to impose this politically through federal government! Under penalty of law, by the IRS?
Can you imagine. Of course that is messed up! NOBODY would agree no matter WHAT the benefits were.
That is NOT the purpose of federal govt to make private decisions for people that can be handled other ways.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back