Ryan's War On People in Poverty: Here We GO Again: 47% message

Ryan's War On People in Poverty: Here We GO Again: 47% message Paul Ryan calls for cuts to anti-poverty programs in GOP budget - latimes.com

By Lisa Mascaro This post has been corrected. See note at the bottom for details.

March 3, 2014, 10:07 a.m.

WASHINGTON - House Budget Committee Chairman Paul D. Ryan is taking aim at the nation's poverty programs, unveiling an ambitious report Monday that will underpin Republican budget priorities this election year.

The former Republican vice presidential nominee is long on criticism of the nearly $800 billion in government spending on more than 90 different poverty programs in 2012 that provided food, housing, education and other assistance for low-income Americans.

But the report is short on policy prescriptions, which are coming later from the budget chairman.

Paul Ryan calls for cuts to anti-poverty programs in GOP budget - latimes.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor GOP. It can't catch a break what with all those wingnuts in positions of power in their caucus :eusa_whistle:

It's amazing how stating facts can make liberals crazy.

You libs would love to see the vast majority of people dependent on the State, propped up by a few elites who get taxed to death to support them. After all, those downtrodden poor people are too stupid to ever make it on their own, right?

yeah right....

Dante wants people dependent on government :cuckoo:

okie dokie

Republicans do not have a war on poverty, they have a war on the poor

But they deserve it.....they are lazy, stupid and expect free stuff

Ryan's War On People in Poverty: Here We GO Again: 47% message Paul Ryan calls for cuts to anti-poverty programs in GOP budget - latimes.com

By Lisa Mascaro This post has been corrected. See note at the bottom for details.

March 3, 2014, 10:07 a.m.

WASHINGTON - House Budget Committee Chairman Paul D. Ryan is taking aim at the nation's poverty programs, unveiling an ambitious report Monday that will underpin Republican budget priorities this election year.

The former Republican vice presidential nominee is long on criticism of the nearly $800 billion in government spending on more than 90 different poverty programs in 2012 that provided food, housing, education and other assistance for low-income Americans.

But the report is short on policy prescriptions, which are coming later from the budget chairman.

Paul Ryan calls for cuts to anti-poverty programs in GOP budget - latimes.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor GOP. It can't catch a break what with all those wingnuts in positions of power in their caucus :eusa_whistle:

I support this. Cut the fluff

-Geaux

In the upside down world of right wing loons, people are worse off for accepting government assistance as if the assistance came before the need.

Ignore why people need assistance, just mention they are worse off than before they accepted assistance. DO not question why they need assistance

YOU POOR BABBLING IDIOT. people are worse off because THINGS ARE WORSE under obama. and because obama has loosened welfare restrictions. we're not living in an upside down world leftard; you're living in DENIAL. THE TWO items are not mutually exclusive. ....... under obama there are more needy AND more people gaming the system

Indeed and disability

-Geaux

SSA: Disability Recipients Soar, Funding Nearly Depleted Under Obama
Tuesday, 17 Dec 2013 05:37 PM
By Jennifer G. Hickey

The number of Americans receiving Social Security disability payments has increased 20 percent since President Barack Obama took office and the influx of new recipients has pushed the program close to insolvency.

The annual deficit in the Social Security Disability Trust Fund hit $31.49 billion in fiscal 2013 and the remaining balance of $100.49 billion in the fund will be depleted by 2016, the Social Security Administration predicts.

SSA: Disability Recipients Soar, Funding Nearly Depleted Under Obama

I've been reading along, taking notes, and highlighting text of Ryan's "War of Poverty" document. I was going to wait until I got through the whole thing before posting a summary. The first part is a page or two on each safety net program; short description, pros and cons, and total cost. I just got to page 85, National School Lunch Program. The document states that, "The academic literature suggests that the NSLP contributes to childhood obesity, but overall findings are inconclusive." The titles of the two comments in the pros and cons are "NSPL contributes to obesity among schoolchildren." and "Participating low-income girls see an increase in body mass index." As someone who got one filling meal a day that I ate with relish thanks to NSLP I would like to say something to a certain someone who supports tax cuts for the top tax bracket, I am not saying who, I do hope he does not take this the wrong way. I would like to say, "Please go fuck yourself."

The right just loves starving kids though. LyinRyan considers hunger a good thing - even though he was also helped by public programs.

The good news is that every time that that serial liar opens his mouth, the R loses votes.

The bad news is their gerrymandering and stealing votes will probably give them some wins.

Making comparisons between someone or some group and Hitler or the Nazis is most of the time completely inaccurate and done as a way to oversimplify rather than shed light into the deeper conflict. It is a well know conflict however between good and evil which why it is so often used. This is an overstatement I will admit but since the dynamic is indeed similar and well known I will. The Jews were to Nazis what the poor are to Republicans. "The poor are the threat. The poor will ruin your great country. Eliminate the poor and everything will get better." On one hand the Nazis would call anyone a Jew who was related to a Jew but on the other Jews did not make up 47% of Germany. They both hate minorities. The Aryan race is the only race to rule. If you are not an Aryan you are part of the plan but unfortunately for you, not part of the future.

I was thinking over the above post and Immigration reform and I ended up thinking of the two things at the same time. That is why House Republicans will not take up Immigration Reform. Mexicans (Hispanics) are not members of the Aryan race. To grant them a path to citizenship, to American citizenship, Republicans think that it would make the country even more impure than it is now. I think we should push Republicans to confess their motives just as hard as they push Ms. Lerner to admit to a scandal long since disproved.

LOl, look at the desperate lefties

now we are STARVING KIDS

I've been paying to welfare, food stamps, wic, gawd I'm sure I have forget a few all my 40 years of my working life

but it's the same dirty politics every election...hell with Obama re-election campaign we were pushing grandmas over cliffs in wheelchairs....are they pathetic? we know they are desperate...but it's the same ole same ole...every election...dirt, smears, lies, they have no record to run on, the people can't stand Obama and his party...

Last edited:

now we are STARVING KIDS

I've been paying to welfare, food stamps, wic, gawd I'm sure I have forget a few all my 40 years of my working life

but it's the same dirty politics every election...hell with Obama re-election campaign we were pushing grandmas over cliffs in wheelchairs....are they pathetic? we know they are desperate...but it's the same ole same ole...every election...dirt, smears, lies, they have no record to run on, the people can't stand Obama and his party...

You dumb shit. The rich have been stealing your money, not the poor.

now we are STARVING KIDS

You dumb shit, those wealthy politicians you elect are first in line to steal your money...and you still shill for them

now we are STARVING KIDS

You dumb shit, those wealthy politicians you elect are first in line to steal your money...and you still shill for them

If you give someone a dollar and they give you two back, you give another person a dollar and they give you nothing back, who is 'stealing your money'?

No, in a true capitalistic market, the "rich" don't "steal" our money, they EARN it.

Neither do the poor "steal" our money (unless they are, indeed, thieves)...they elect politicians to take the money from the rich and middle class and give it to the poor.

Of course, the US is no longer a true capitalistic market. We are a "crony-capitalist" nation now. Not only do the poor elect politicians to take money from the middle class and the poor, the wealthy also elect politicians to take money from the middle class and give to the rich. (Can yo say Fiskars anyone? Solyndra?? Halliburton???
)

[MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION]

the Whining Class :eek:

ssohthehorror.png

:laugh2:

Last edited:

If you give someone a dollar and they give you two back, you give another person a dollar and they give you nothing back, who is 'stealing your money'?

The ACA was supposed to save the average family 2500 dollars. We were supposed to keep the health insurance we had and the doctors we had and our premiums would go down. What happened? Obama lied, that's what happened and you idiots still believe every word he utters.

You people are beyond stupid.

Just finished Ryan's "War on Poverty" report. It was not the only thing I was reading, it does not usually take me that long to read 205 pages. The report goes through all the entitlement programs divided into the categories of: 1) Cash Aid, 2) Education and Job Training, 3) Energy, 4) Food Aid, 5) Health Care, 6) Housing, 7) Social Services, 8) Veterans. To provide an bias and unfair assessment of the report it went through each individual program stating the program was ineffective and that there were cases of fraud. What specifically should be done was not stated although a general assumption could be made.

In Appendix I the report stated the 2013 level of income is $23,550 for a four-person household. The number was originally set in 1964 at three times minimum food costs and since has been increased annually according to inflation. The report states that the gauge might be inaccurate because the measure of income does not include income such a SNAP aid or that inflation is overstated or others might be living in the household. "In other words, there is good evidence that the OPR significantly overstates the amount of poverty." (200) (OPR, Official Poverty Rate) Well if there poverty is overstated then we can just go cut all the entitlement programs. Rep. Ryan will be so surprised when I tell him this wonderful plan I thought up all by myself. :doubt:
The War on Poverty: 50 Years Later | Budget.House.Gov

The first thing we have to ask ourselves is if LBJ's "war on poverty" was effective. It's been fifty freaking years and there are more people in the poverty classification since LBJ decided that the federal government should be the head of the family. The second thing we have to ask ourselves is WTF has Barry Hussein accomplished in almost five years? The cost of gas and diesel has gone up which drives the price of everything up and that effects the poverty level. Hussein had two years with a solid democrat majority. He could have done anything he wanted and all he did was create "cash for clunkers". Why not put people to work instead of extending the unemployment payments? It's easy to see behind the pitiful left wing desperate posts these days. Anything is better than talking about the abject failure of domestic and foreign policy.

The first thing we have to ask ourselves is if LBJ's "war on poverty" was effective. It's been fifty freaking years and there are more people in the poverty classification since LBJ decided that the federal government should be the head of the family. The second thing we have to ask ourselves is WTF has Barry Hussein accomplished in almost five years? The cost of gas and diesel has gone up which drives the price of everything up and that effects the poverty level. Hussein had two years with a solid democrat majority. He could have done anything he wanted and all he did was create "cash for clunkers". Why not put people to work instead of extending the unemployment payments? It's easy to see behind the pitiful left wing desperate posts these days. Anything is better than talking about the abject failure of domestic and foreign policy.
The War on Poverty worked, until the 80s.

In the decade following the 1964 introduction of the war on poverty, poverty rates in the U.S. dropped to their lowest level since comprehensive records began in 1958: from 17.3% in the year the Economic Opportunity Act was implemented to 11.1% in 1973. They have remained between 11 and 15.2% ever since.[7]
War on Poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The War on Poverty worked, until the 80s.[/QUOT

LBJ's "War on Poverty" is ongoing.

Forum List

Back