Ryan Williams Lands BMX 1080 Front Flip at Nitro World Games

Awesome. It takes a lot of broken bones to learn that stuff.

Awesome. It takes a lot of broken bones to learn that stuff.
They have made safety improvements after Dave Mirra. Not the same but kind of like Nascar improved safety after Dale Earnhardt. Sports like this will always be extremely tough on the body and take extreme dedication and drive, not to mention talent.

Multiple flips like that on a bike don't seem humanly possible.

It should be an Olympic sport. .... :thup:

I'm glad you admire it. The sport has come a long ways from getting some air on a quarter pipe in between BMX races.

Freestyle motocross has become amazing too. I'm glad I'm too old for this insanity because the bar has been set ridiculously high now. It used to be if you could pull off a nice crossed up whip you were talented. A back flip wasn't even considered.

Back in the day, I was considered locally a pretty good MX open class motorcycle rider.

But I am astonished when I watch both bikes and cycles doing their thing in the air today.

It's way beyond anything I would have ever attempted. ..... :cool:

Last edited:
Back in the day, I was considered locally a pretty good MX open class motorcycle rider.

But I am astonished at when I watch both bikes and cycles doing their thing in the air today.

If you could tabletop and rockwalk back in the day, you weren't considered bad. One of my best friends was a good freestyler. (after the 48-spoke rims came out)

I was the table-topper, he was the cherry pickerer. OMG, one day this dude came over, and we burned one, and then he proceeds to go up the transition and somehow get from the foot of vert all the way to the middle of the ramp on his side in 1 motion.

Talk about a buzzkill, I thought he was dead. Pretty sure he broke his arm that day. There was much relief when he started breathing again.

What happened with Dave Mirra?
Too many concussions. A damn shame I wish I could have said something to him that could have made a difference. Come back up to

But I am astonished when I watch both bikes and cycles doing their thing in the air today.

What did you ride back in the day?

I think the best bikes I ever had were one of the lighter GTs. but it had a smaller frame :mad:.and a Schwinn Predator.

I had others.. A Bigfoot. Cracked it.

I've seen Powerlites, Hutch Trick Stars..

Last edited:
Most of my friends rode Maico.

But my favorite was Husqvarna, I owned several of those over the years.

With the occasional Bultaco, Yamaha, Honda, Montesa, for a change of pace.

And I also owned and rode many street bikes..... from Harley's to Gold Wings to BSA and Triumphs.

I'm a certified motorcycle nut. .... :thup: ... :eusa_angel:

I think the best bikes I ever had were one of the lighter GTs.but it had a smaller frame :mad:.and a Schwinn Predator.

I think the best bikes I ever had were one of the lighter GTs.but it had a smaller frame :mad:.and a Schwinn Predator.

I was wondering the motorcycle SunniMan rode back in the day. Bikes though GT makes nice quality bikes still to this day.

Most of my friends rode Maico.

But my favorite was Husqvarna, I owned several of those over the years.

With the occasional Bultaco, Yamaha, Honda, Montesa, for a change of pace.

And I also owned and rode many street bikes..... from Harley's to Gold Wings to BSA and Triumphs.

I'm a certified motorcycle nut. .... :thup: ... :eusa_angel:
Don't they call it Maico breako? Just kidding. Husqvarna made some beast trail bikes in the 80s, and today the reigning Supercross champion rides one. It is really a KTM though., they are both the same pretty much. What was your favorite street bike?

Harley's are my favorite street bike. (although you can't beat a Gold Wing for long distance trips)

Harley's are not the fastest, (Jap rice rockets will leave it in the dust) Doesn't stop the quickest. Not a twisty road canyon carver. Lots of vibration, (even the rubber mounted engine ones)

But the V twin exhaust note lets you know your are straddling a beast.

And coolness factor is off the charts. ... :thup: ... :cool:

Harley's are my favorite street bike. (although you can't beat a Gold Wing for long distance trips)

Harley's are not the fastest, (Jap rice rockets will leave it in the dust) Doesn't stop the quickest. Not a twisty road canyon carver. Lots of vibration, (even the rubber mounted engine ones)

But the V twin exhaust note lets you know your are straddling a beast.

And coolness factor is off the charts. ... :thup: ... :cool:
Yeah Harleys are cool. My friend has a '99 Ithink Fat Boy it is fun to ride. Also a 1986 sportster 1200 that thing vibrates too much but is actually a kinda fast bike once you get used to the odd harley handling and shitty brakes. I ride the VFR and DR 650 most.

Yeah....I thought I was the shit back in the day when I had a full sponsorship from Robinson.

Forum List

Back