Ryan: We'll Spell Out Tax Policy 'In The Light Of Day' – After The Election

Lakhota another failed thread, see the problem is OBama's entire agenda is unknown until after the election, well except Obamacare and tax increases. What will he do with the Russians? Not sure but he'll have more flexibility......I wonder for what?

Wow, are these two wingnut clowns going to tell voters "anything" before the election?

TRUST US ain't working for me.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8n7gePHoY]David sanborn promise me the moon - YouTube[/ame]

Good old republican blackmail. We know how to save the country but we are not going to tell you unless you make us your leaders. You are all going to die without us.

It sounds like someone has hired a fox news writer to make their campaign blackmail.

r-PAUL-RYAN-INTERVIEW-huge.jpg

By Ryan Grim

WASHINGTON - The Romney campaign is willing to discuss its proposals on taxes "in the light of day," vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan said Tuesday evening -- just not until after the election.

Multiple tax policy analysts have concluded that Mitt Romney's tax plan -- to close loopholes and reduce taxes for the wealthy -- means higher taxes for most people in order for the math to work. Brit Hume of Fox News asked Ryan to counter that charge. "What we're saying is get rid of special interest loopholes and deductions that are uniquely enjoyed by the wealthy to lower the tax rates for everybody," Ryan said.

But lowering middle-class tax rates, if coupled with eliminating key deductions, could lead to an effective tax increase, the cornerstone of the analyses of Romney's tax plan. Hume pressed for specifics.

One of the "loopholes" that costs the IRS the most money is the mortgage interest deduction. Another relates to municipal bonds. Hume asked Ryan if either would be on the chopping block. Ryan refused to say.

The mortgage deduction is enjoyed by millions of homeowners and is the primary policy by which the government encourages homeownership. Taxing municipal bond interest would drive up the cost of borrowing for local governments substantially.

UPDATE: 7:25 p.m. -- Danny Kanner, a spokesman for President Barack Obama's re-election campaign, said in a statement that the TV interview shows Ryan "not ready for primetime." The statement continues:

First, he attacked the President for the very same Medicare savings that he includes in his own budget. In the same breath, he falsely claimed that the Romney-Ryan budget protects Medicare -– in fact, their plan would end Medicare as we know it, leaving seniors with nothing but a voucher in place of the guaranteed benefits they rely on today. Then, Ryan refused to name a single tax loophole they’d close to pay for their $5 trillion tax plan. We know what that means: as independent experts have confirmed, Romney and Ryan’s tax plan would either explode the deficit or raise taxes on middle class families to pay for their tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires. As Romney and Ryan run away from the plans they have laid out -- and in Ryan’s case, passed through the Republican House twice -- they’re revealing that they’d take the American people back to the same failed policies that crashed our economy in the first place, and have zero interest in the bold, honest, substantive debate that they claim is at the center of their campaign.​

More: Paul Ryan Will Talk About Tax Policy 'In The Light Of Day' -- After The Election
Dumb ass don't talk about republican and taxes when obama just created the biggest tax hike on the middle class in the history of America obamatax.

One more thing dumb ass Ryan is VP not president.

Last edited:
Good old republican blackmail. We know how to save the country but we are not going to tell you unless you make us your leaders. You are all going to die without us.

It sounds like someone has hired a fox news writer to make their campaign blackmail.

Sounds like the 2010 mid term elections, and look at all of the good that they have done since then.

Brit Hume had Ryan on the ropes several times during the interview. I'm not sure why the right thinks Ryan is some great communicator. I do like how he now has to disavow everything he's proposed for the last 6 years.

If you'e a back bench member of some committee; thats easy to do but when you're the face of the budget plan and now you have to say, "screw all of that...we're going with another plan"....it's really sort of sad.

Nonsense.. Romney's plan is out there and has been out there.
oh, you mean the one that couldn't be scored...because it lacked specifics? The Ryan plan suffers no such problem.

Ryan clearly states that his plan isn't relevant if Obama is no longer robbing Medicare. The plan he and Romney are working with is one that will promote economic growth by not choking business to death with regulations and uncertainty. Obama has shown he doesn't have a clue as to what makes the economy grow.

Listen, you can hope they'll be able to run on a plan they won't discuss in detail until after the election. You can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster.

hint: it's the shitting hand. And the shitting hand will be 88 days of talk about the Ayn Ryan plan.

Hmmm.. let's see what door we should choose on life's version of Let's Make A Deal.

Behind door #1 we have seen the whole Obama plan, which is rob the rich to buy votes from the poor.

Behind door #2..?

I'll take door #2 :)
We've seen behind door #2. It's the Ryan plan. So much so, in fact, that when Romney was asked what distinguishes his reform plan from Ryan's he couldn't name a single.solitary.thing.

Wow, are these two wingnut clowns going to tell voters "anything" before the election?

wow, did you bitch when Nancy Pelosi told us we had to PASS a bill (ObamaCare) to find out whats in it?
stop blowing smoke up all our asses with your left wing bullshit...
You're like the little boy who cried wolf so many times no one takes anything you post SERIOUS

Last edited:
oh, you mean the one that couldn't be scored...because it lacked specifics? The Ryan plan suffers no such problem.

Listen, you can hope they'll be able to run on a plan they won't discuss in detail until after the election. You can hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster.

hint: it's the shitting hand. And the shitting hand will be 88 days of talk about the Ayn Ryan plan.

Hmmm.. let's see what door we should choose on life's version of Let's Make A Deal.

Behind door #1 we have seen the whole Obama plan, which is rob the rich to buy votes from the poor.

Behind door #2..?

I'll take door #2 :)
We've seen behind door #2. It's the Ryan plan. So much so, in fact, that when Romney was asked what distinguishes his reform plan from Ryan's he couldn't name a single.solitary.thing.

They've run from the Ryan Plan...unbelieveably (why else pick him if his only notable achievement in his career can't be used and is an albatross)?

Still Door Number 2 is going to be some version of Bush's 3rd term. And that lead to TARP and the mess we're now in.

To funny.

Obama said what he was going to do and he didn't do it.

He has a record....and he won't run on it.

So all the MSNBC crowd can do is create fear over what Ryan has put forward.

When you pricks put forth a budget, you'll have some ground to make these kinds of posts.

Otherwise, it is just bleating on your part.

The Romney campaign is fucked. Any time they attempt to speak in vague generalities in their plans, everyone will automatically default back to the Ryan plan, making it their default economic plan.

And that will be worn like a chain.

So they should just talk about "Hope and Change" and shout "Forward" OK thanks. We've got it now.

They're no different than any other scum sucking corrupt motherfucker politicians including your hero Bam Bam

wow, did you bitch when Nancy Pelosi told us we had to PASS a bill (ObamaCare) to find out whats in it?
stop blowing smoke up all our asses with your left wing bullshit...
You're like the little boy who cried wolf so many times no one takes anything you post SERIOUS

The actual quote was:

“But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of controversy.”

And so far, the Governor agrees with some of "what's in it" (at the 2:00 mark).

Mitt Romney Statement on Supreme Court Health Care Decision - YouTube

Which is different than the story Paul Ryan told us yesterday...

But lets be clear here, Brit. I am on the Romney ticket. And what Mitt Romney is proposing is to repeal all of Obamacare. And in the house repeatedly I have voted with that position, I support that position, I’m pleased to support the position of getting rid of every piece of Obamacare, including the cuts to Medicare, which are used to pay for Obamacare

Amazing how the supposed sacking of Medicare jumped 216 Billion between Romney's speech and Ryan's... So it goes.

Ok so we all know or have been told that cutting taxes is the way to a vibrant economy. Can someone actually seriously justify the middle class paying more in taxes? Are there people out there who actually think this is ok? Who are they? I'm not saying obamacare is the answer. But in order to vote for someone I need to know how the middle class is going to be affected. What logical reason is there for not telling us until after? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Hey............. Walking Eagle.

You have to pass it to find out whats in it..........

Ok so we all know or have been told that cutting taxes is the way to a vibrant economy. Can someone actually seriously justify the middle class paying more in taxes? Are there people out there who actually think this is ok? Who are they? I'm not saying obamacare is the answer. But in order to vote for someone I need to know how the middle class is going to be affected. What logical reason is there for not telling us until after? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Another poster put it correctly I feel.

"Do you think that these multi millionaires like the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson would be writing large checks to the Romney Campaign if they thought he would raise their taxes?"

When you pair that epiphany with the refusal to release his own tax records; you can see where the Governor's true loyalties lay; can you not?

One tennant of the Ryan plan is to do away with all capital gains taxes. Cap Gains are what you make from a stock sale. Even more revealing is that the dividends on the stock are taxed at a low rate of 15%--the amount the Governor paid on the tax returns he was kind enough to release. Certain dividends are not taxed at all until 1/1/13.

Yeah, if you're Koch or Adelson...you're not cutting checks to the Governor if he's going to end up costing you money.

Another poster put it correctly I feel.

"Do you think that these multi millionaires like the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson would be writing large checks to the Romney Campaign if they thought he would raise their taxes?"

When you pair that epiphany with the refusal to release his own tax records; you can see where the Governor's true loyalties lay; can you not?

One tennant of the Ryan plan is to do away with all capital gains taxes. Cap Gains are what you make from a stock sale. Even more revealing is that the dividends on the stock are taxed at a low rate of 15%--the amount the Governor paid on the tax returns he was kind enough to release. Certain dividends are not taxed at all until 1/1/13.

Yeah, if you're Koch or Adelson...you're not cutting checks to the Governor if he's going to end up costing you money.

you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about....just another bleating sheep.....:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back