Ryan Says

I agree. Everyone should have skin in the game.

The poor suck up a lot of social services. Social services that they contribute absolutely nothing towards.

They have no problem taking anything they can get at other peoples expense.

They have no problem filing a tax return if they have kids. They have no problem raking in thousands of dollars for those kids. Of course its all other peoples hard earned money. They pay no Fed taxes but get a rebate. Ain't America wonderful??

I find it rather amusing that some folks take every opportunity to bash the rich.. Apparantly no matter how much the rich pay in taxes it will never be enough.

The poor contribute very little if anything but they sure have no problem taking all they can get. Provided by others of course.

Another change that would be a major awareness for people would be if we ended payroll deductions. People should have to actually write a check to the government.

The more you post the dumber you appear. Think real hard, what might be the consequences of your plan?
Hint: Enforcement

I'm all for it

Let the rich pay for all the infrastructure they make their fortune off of. Let them buy the land for roads, build ports, communication satellites,

Let them pay to educate their workers from age 5

Let them pay for the military that defends their interests abroad

Let them pay to plow the roads in the winter and patch them in the summer

Take a breath and step back into reality. What you suggest is pure idiocy and completely illogical. That's all emotional babble with no grounding in reality whatsoever.

Gee. I didn't read that in the article.

Care to point it out. Or is it just your take on what he says?? LOL

How does one tax the poor?

You can tax them all kinds of ways that would be fair. You can still tax income as poor doesn't equate to making nothing. In fact one can earn several thousand dollars and still be considered poor. We could have a national sales tax instead. We could tax wealth or assets. Pick one or grow a pair and admit you really don't care about what is fair as far as the tax code.

How much do you expect to get?

As long as it's not zero or all refunded at the end of the year as it is now, it really doesn't matter too much to me how much they pay in taxes. Mainly I just want left wing hypocrites like yourself to stop engaging in this idiotic debate about what a fair share of the tax burden is when the evidence shows you really don't care about what's fair. That or you have a fairly fucked up definition of the term.

So if you make $10 an hour and are trying to raise a family you want to cut into food, housing, power bills and transportation all so that GE doesn't have to pay a cent

I'm all for it

Let the rich pay for all the infrastructure they make their fortune off of. Let them buy the land for roads, build ports, communication satellites,

Let them pay to educate their workers from age 5

Let them pay for the military that defends their interests abroad

Let them pay to plow the roads in the winter and patch them in the summer

Take a breath and step back into reality. What you suggest is pure idiocy and completely illogical. That's all emotional babble with no grounding in reality whatsoever.

Of course it is...

But it shows that the wealthy benefit much more from our tax dollars and need to stop whining about paying their taxes. It also shows we need to ere vise our tax structure to scale back exemptions and write offs

How does one tax the poor?

You can tax them all kinds of ways that would be fair. You can still tax income as poor doesn't equate to making nothing. In fact one can earn several thousand dollars and still be considered poor. We could have a national sales tax instead. We could tax wealth or assets. Pick one or grow a pair and admit you really don't care about what is fair as far as the tax code.

How much do you expect to get?

As long as it's not zero or all refunded at the end of the year as it is now, it really doesn't matter too much to me how much they pay in taxes. Mainly I just want left wing hypocrites like yourself to stop engaging in this idiotic debate about what a fair share of the tax burden is when the evidence shows you really don't care about what's fair. That or you have a fairly fucked up definition of the term.

So if you make $10 an hour and are trying to raise a family you want to cut into food, housing, power bills and transportation all so that GE doesn't have to pay a cent

Why would someone making and paying taxes at $10/hr mean GE wouldn't have to pay any taxes? Are you just not getting it. For the tax system to be fair, EVERYONE pays. From GE to the guy making $10/hr.

And if you're making $10/hr trying to raise a family you're a fucking idiot. That's not government's problem. If there is a certain lifestyle you want or have conciously chosen for yourself it's going to require a certain income level to maintain. if said choice is a family wake up and smell the fucking coffee. it's gonna take more than 10 bucks an hour to maintain that. YOU need to do something else. Not beg government for a tax break

Why would someone making and paying taxes at $10/hr mean GE wouldn't have to pay any taxes? Are you just not getting it. For the tax system to be fair, EVERYONE pays. From GE to the guy making $10/hr.

And if you're making $10/hr trying to raise a family you're a fucking idiot. That's not government's problem. If there is a certain lifestyle you want or have conciously chosen for yourself it's going to require a certain income level to maintain. if said choice is a family wake up and smell the fucking coffee. it's gonna take more than 10 bucks an hour to maintain that. YOU need to do something else. Not beg government for a tax break

More blame the victim from the right. People have no business making $10 an hour. What the fuck is wrong with you? Here let me slap some tax on that

More blame the victim from the right. People have no business making $10 an hour. What the fuck is wrong with you? Here let me slap some tax on that

If you want to make 10/hr that's your choice. Just don't have the wholly deluded expectation that you're going to be able to raise a family at that income. Single individual, no family, is something else entirely. Single it can be done, believe me I know. But having a family AND making $10/hr? Those are concious and you don't deserve a tax break for making such an idiotic choice.

"Lower the tax rate, and broaden the tax base." I'll vote for that. How about you?
When you're old-enough to vote, you might (also) start...checkin'-out the details.

"House Republicans — led by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) — released their 2012 budget today. The plan includes a giant tax cut for the wealthy, as well as a complete dismantling of Medicare and Medicaid.

But it also includes a gift for Wall Street, in the form of a repeal of the provisions of the Dodd-Frank financial reform law that protect taxpayers from having to bail out failed financial institutions."

At least his.....

....is (still) in good-working-order.

249.gif

Last edited:

If you want to make 10/hr that's your choice. Just don't have the wholly deluded expectation that you're going to be able to raise a family at that income. Single individual, no family, is something else entirely. Single it can be done, believe me I know. But having a family AND making $10/hr? Those are concious and you don't deserve a tax break for making such an idiotic choice.

Yes!

Everyone is a CEO in the making. You make $10 an hour ...GOP thinks you are a loser

Losers deserve to be taxed while Billionaire winners need all the protection the GOP can give them

Gee. I didn't read that in the article.

Care to point it out. Or is it just your take on what he says?? LOL

Who does he want to broaden the tax base to?

Whose taxes does he want to cut?

btw, there was no link in the OP last time I looked.

Does it matter?

Good management requires that you first establish a principle or goal to shoot for.

THEN you discuss how to implement the principle.

Your questions go bass ackwards by wanting answers before you even state the problem to be solved.

Yes!

Everyone is a CEO in the making. You make $10 an hour ...GOP thinks you are a loser

Losers deserve to be taxed while Billionaire winners need all the protection the GOP can give them

You can keep making ridiculous exaggerations all you want. That's not what I'm saying or the GOP is saying. What we're saying is if you choose to make 10/hr, that's fine, but if that's the choice you make you have ZERO right to demand that people that made different choices, choices that yielded them more income, sacrifice just because you don't have the lifestyle only a $10/hr job pays for.

Yes!

You can keep making ridiculous exaggerations all you want. That's not what I'm saying or the GOP is saying. What we're saying is if you choose to make 10/hr, that's fine, but if that's the choice you make you have ZERO right to demand that people that made different choices, choices that yielded them more income, sacrifice just because you don't have the lifestyle only a $10/hr job pays for.

Lifestyle?

You are the one who wants to tax the shit out of them

Yes!

Lifestyle?

You are the one who wants to tax the shit out of them

No. I wan't the tax code to treat everyone the same. Meanig some people who aren't currently paying anything are going to have to kick in at least something. That is a far cry from 'taxing the shit out of them'.

Last edited:

If someone was in the service and gets out to find all he can get is that crummy $10 an hour job.....did he make an idiotic choice?

I have a neighbor who worked in construction making $25 an hour. Construction jobs dried up and now he is only making $10 an hour. What should he do with the bad choice he made by having three kids?

If someone was in the service and gets out to find all he can get is that crummy $10 an hour job.....did he make an idiotic choice?

I have a neighbor who worked in construction making $25 an hour. Construction jobs dried up and now he is only making $10 an hour. What should he do with the bad choice he made by having three kids?

When you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences. Obviously I don't know the specficis of the two individuals you mentioned. But whether their choices were bad or not utlimately depends on the extent to which they planned for the consequences that come with those choices. If someone enters the army with no skills or little eudcation, to be a jarhead for four years, he probably isn't going come out of the army with much in the way of marketable skills. There isn't any reason for a person to not to be aware of that fact on some level. Your friend in construction has to intuitively know that the construction industry fluctuates in cycles. He has to intuitively know that he is not gaurunteed to make $25/hr over the course of his construction career. It could be less and occassionally it could be more.

The overall point is people simply make too many excuses. They refuse to acknowledge what they have control over and refuse to acknowledge what they are intutively aware of. And even in the instances where something totally unforseen happens to you that in no way you were responsible for that doesn't mean something else is obligated to fix it for you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back