Ryan Newman released from hospital, walks out with his two girls!

Mr. Newman drives a Ford, should be a point of positivity for that company as it is proof of how safe their cars are

Mr. Newman drives a Ford, should be a point of positivity for that company as it is proof of how safe their cars are
While yes, modern cars are quite safe, the car he was driving is only very loosely related to what you drive on the road.

I drive a ford, but that crash would have killed everybody in it.

Yes the roll cage could probably withstand an 18 wheeler, but there are still the G forces involved in a crazy crash like that.

Not that many. He slid for a long way. That dissipates the energy of the crash over a long period of time. I'm sure it rang his bell when he got whacked by that other car while in flight.

Yes the roll cage could probably withstand an 18 wheeler, but there are still the G forces involved in a crazy crash like that.

I've heard that the suits that drivers wear are similar to the ones fighter pilots wear, in that they can be selective pressurized to counteract excessive g forces. That sounds a little far fetched to me, but he is able to walk away on his own after just 2 days. The wreck I saw would have killed any driver without lots of hi-tech protection.

Incredible, when that crash happened I didn't know if he would be alive.
Update: Ryan Newman released from hospital
Agreed!

The design of those cars is that the car collapses, thus softening the impact on the driver.
The auto industry is doing the same thing.The days of rigid car bodies is a thing of the past.

There is no comparison between a Cup car and a conventional civilian car. None....especially in terms of safety. NASCAR would be having deaths every single weekend if they raced conventional cars and cut the speed by more than half. NASCAR drivers are surrounded by a chromoly steel cage. No parts from a typical Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang are used in a Cup car.

Incredible, when that crash happened I didn't know if he would be alive.
Update: Ryan Newman released from hospital
Agreed!

The design of those cars is that the car collapses, thus softening the impact on the driver.
The auto industry is doing the same thing.The days of rigid car bodies is a thing of the past.

There is no comparison between a Cup car and a conventional civilian car. None....especially in terms of safety. NASCAR would be having deaths every single weekend if they raced conventional cars and cut the speed by more than half. NASCAR drivers are surrounded by a chromoly steel cage. No parts from a typical Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang are used in a Cup car.
The auto industry has long ago abandoned the rigid car body design. They took note of what NASCAR had done.

Fact is you reply is pointless as I was discussing impact absorbing designs, not to level level of what NASCAR has done.

Forum List

Back