Ryan Leaf arrested for 2nd time in days

Idiot...it's called hard time.

It's often easier to get illegal items in prison than on the street.

Let's just keep them on the streets and let them violate peoples personal property then.
If they can get it in prison then why even bother, right?

Naahhhh - he's not a bad guy. Just got problem with the pill popping. Back to rehab for Ryan! It's interesting that they don't know if he has CTE or not. You would think that if they were cracking his head open they might have taken a look.

You can almost guarantee that he does.

Let's just keep them on the streets and let them violate peoples personal property then.

Naahhhh - he's not a bad guy. Just got problem with the pill popping. Back to rehab for Ryan! It's interesting that they don't know if he has CTE or not. You would think that if they were cracking his head open they might have taken a look.

You can almost guarantee that he does.

A felon is a felon. If you or I had done the exact same crimes...we would be doing hard time, no doubt in my mind
It goes beyond pill popping...he is a burglar.

Interesting. I Wikipedia'ed the guy. I knew about his long-standing wrist pain complaints, but I wasn't aware that he had brain surgery last year.

I would say that Ryan needs to be seeing a psychiatrist. Prison is obviously the wrong place for him.

What's obvious about it? Are you a doctor? Have you given him a mental evaluation?

Idiot...it's called hard time.

I guess bro, I don't know. I was only commenting on the logic that a drug addict will get treatment in prison.

A very low percentage of people recover from drug addictions in prison. The stress of something like that is most likely only going to further the addiction, and couple that with the ease of copping in prison and you have a recipe for disaster.

I agree that there's no excuse for the burglary, but often times drug addicts are only stealing because the addiction is more powerful than they can overcome and stealing to chase the habit is easier than kicking it.

Usually once a drug addict gets clean, they don't steal anymore either. So I prefer to look at the burglary in this case as a by-product of an addiction that needs professional treatment, not hard prison time.

I guess bro, I don't know. I was only commenting on the logic that a drug addict will get treatment in prison.

A very low percentage of people recover from drug addictions in prison. The stress of something like that is most likely only going to further the addiction, and couple that with the ease of copping in prison and you have a recipe for disaster.

I agree that there's no excuse for the burglary, but often times drug addicts are only stealing because the addiction is more powerful than they can overcome and stealing to chase the habit is easier than kicking it.

Usually once a drug addict gets clean, they don't steal anymore either. So I prefer to look at the burglary in this case as a by-product of an addiction that needs professional treatment, not hard prison time.
And, on the flip side, a sentence may just be the slap in the face he needs to take any treatment seriously.

Some need a 'bottom' to take rehab seriously.

Interesting. I Wikipedia'ed the guy. I knew about his long-standing wrist pain complaints, but I wasn't aware that he had brain surgery last year.

I would say that Ryan needs to be seeing a psychiatrist. Prison is obviously the wrong place for him.

Prison would be the right place for you and me, but the wrong place for Ryan. Yeah...heeee's special. :cuckoo:
He was busted again for burglary...that's twice in 3 days. I feel soooo sorry for him.

You people really do need to get a grip, there were several crimes that weren't solved in Great Falls that were just like these two. Now they are reopening the cases....seems Ryan may have not been caught. But, yes let's just treat him as someone special and not like a common thief. :cuckoo:

Ryan Leaf wasn't really a "special" NFL player. He was known more for being a massive disappointment than for anything else. He was a great college player, but Montana isn't that close to Pullman, WA and there's no reason to believe he'll get special treatment for being the greatest Cougar quarterback ever.

With the facts that are out there right now, I would have to say that this sounds like a matter for psychiatrist, not a warden. I don't include his status as a star football player in that assessment.

Great Falls, is his hometown, he was a high school hero and superstar. He was recruited by PAC-10 school, WSU, which is six and a half hours away. Even though it is a large state, it is a small population and local athletes, that were in the NFL, they probably consider him a big deal.

And, on the flip side, a sentence may just be the slap in the face he needs to take any treatment seriously.

Some need a 'bottom' to take rehab seriously.

I agree. My best friend developed a heroin addiction and after a bunch of fuck ups the last couple years, he ended up in jail for 3 months and he was facing a 5 with a 2 but his lawyer got him drug court. He's been clean and sober for almost 10 months now, goes to AA every day religiously and does speaking commitments all over the tri-county area. I've never known this guy to be sober in any way for more than a month in all the time I've known him since he started smoking weed at 14.

Before this particular crap, he and I got in pretty big trouble years back and we were facing some serious jail time but we got a great plea deal and I've been doing well ever since, but he didn't learn. So I'm guessing this time around was his bottom.

So yeah, I agree with you. I wouldn't doubt that a lot of Leaf's issues stem from an overwhelming feeling of failure and inadequacy for not being able to cut it and live up to all his hype coming out of college. Maybe a little scare from a couple months in a county jail is what he needs, but longer term prison time is probably not the answer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back