Ryan Leaf arrested for 2nd time in days

Best treatment in the world is found in our prison system.

There are consequences for his actions, he's been given enough "love". Time to pay the piper.....just like an everyday Joe would get.

Interesting. I Wikipedia'ed the guy. I knew about his long-standing wrist pain complaints, but I wasn't aware that he had brain surgery last year.

I would say that Ryan needs to be seeing a psychiatrist. Prison is obviously the wrong place for him.

There are consequences for his actions, he's been given enough "love". Time to pay the piper.....just like an everyday Joe would get.

Interesting. I Wikipedia'ed the guy. I knew about his long-standing wrist pain complaints, but I wasn't aware that he had brain surgery last year.

I would say that Ryan needs to be seeing a psychiatrist. Prison is obviously the wrong place for him.

Prison would be the right place for you and me, but the wrong place for Ryan. Yeah...heeee's special. :cuckoo:
He was busted again for burglary...that's twice in 3 days. I feel soooo sorry for him.

You people really do need to get a grip, there were several crimes that weren't solved in Great Falls that were just like these two. Now they are reopening the cases....seems Ryan may have not been caught. But, yes let's just treat him as someone special and not like a common thief. :cuckoo:

Was that the motto of Redneck U where you earned your psychology degree?

Let's see...he's been on probation for the last two years from the state of Texas for a felony...it's a 10 year probation sentence.
The last three days he's been busted twice for two more separate felonies.
Yes, I think a stint in prison is just what he needs to grow the fuck up.

Unlike like you, I think he should take responsibility for his actions.
I think the citizens of Great Falls, Mt. would agree with me.

Why don't you think he should take responsibilty for his actions?
Or, is it just because you think that society owes him? fool

I wouldn't say it's necessarily the best, but for some it is.

Each addict needs to reach their own low to be able to change. Some lows are lower than others. And some lows are higher.

This guy still hasn't gotten it - substance use will fuck him over. And, he may no longer have a choice as to what sort of 'rehab' he gets at this point - real rehab or correctional system imposed abstention.

Last edited:

Was that the motto of Redneck U where you earned your psychology degree?

Let's see...he's been on probation for the last two years from the state of Texas for a felony...it's a 10 year probation sentence.
The last three days he's been busted twice for two more separate felonies.
Yes, I think a stint in prison is just what he needs to grow the fuck up.

Unlike like you, I think he should take responsibility for his actions.
I think the citizens of Great Falls, Mt. would agree with me.

Why don't you think he should take responsibilty for his actions?
Or, is it just because you think that society owes him? fool

lol Just messing with you. I would agree with you if we spent some money on helping people get mental heath care in prison.

Prison would be the right place for you and me, but the wrong place for Ryan. Yeah...heeee's special. :cuckoo:
He was busted again for burglary...that's twice in 3 days. I feel soooo sorry for him.

You people really do need to get a grip, there were several crimes that weren't solved in Great Falls that were just like these two. Now they are reopening the cases....seems Ryan may have not been caught. But, yes let's just treat him as someone special and not like a common thief. :cuckoo:

Ryan Leaf wasn't really a "special" NFL player. He was known more for being a massive disappointment than for anything else. He was a great college player, but Montana isn't that close to Pullman, WA and there's no reason to believe he'll get special treatment for being the greatest Cougar quarterback ever.

With the facts that are out there right now, I would have to say that this sounds like a matter for psychiatrist, not a warden. I don't include his status as a star football player in that assessment.

This!
I do not support the celeb exemption.

I do not understand this RW Joe fetish though ;)

I thought Bob got all the good parking places and women?

Last edited:
I do not support the celeb exemption.

So, if there is a "celeb exemption" then I do not support it for Ryan Lean in 2012 on the basis that he's a washed up old should-have-been.

I have to wonder if there's a celeb exemption for pro athletes in 2012. They thew the book at Plaxico and Mike Vick. The cops sounded really, really disappointed that they couldn't lock on Big Ben....

I was among a lot of people who thought Leaf was a complete ass as a player. But addiction isn't anything you want to see anyone go thru.

“Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” ― C.G. Jung

Ex-NFL QB Leaf arrested for 2nd time in Montana - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

My best friend from high school and college is a junkie.

It used to be hard for me to watch him suffer the consequences of his addiction. Losing the equity in his home. Racking up thousands of dollars in credit card debt. Lying to his wife repeatedly about his addition and the money he was spending on it.

And after "relapsing" dozens of times, he decided to leave his wife and kids at home and move to New Orleans to do heroin. But what he told people was that he was going to get a PhD.

After the landlord of his duplex apartment - me - found out he had been banging heroin the instant he moved down, and had failed out of school, and had lied to his wife and told her he was coming back down for the next semester, and who didn't bother to pay his rent, and who abandoned his lease when his wife caught him in his lie and made him come back home so she could file for divorce, and who now has what few possessions he owns held by his landlord in lieu of $1600 owed in unpaid rent -

after all that

I stopped giving a shit about his suffering through his addiction. Junkies are fuckin junkies and all they want is junk and they'll stop at nothing to get it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back