Ryan gets nasty and runs away

If you live in poverty in the inner city, we much "teach them good discipline, good character" -- says Paul Ryan.

So, people living in poverty lack discipline and character.

Oh, an he admitted the multimillion dollar ad being run by the NRA is a lie.

I know it goes against Progressive dogma to ever blame people's problems on their own failings...it's kind of a take off on that famous line from "Love Story"..."Being in love means never having to say you're sorry"...only in this case it's..."Being a liberal means never having to admit that it's your fault."

There is a way out of poverty but it takes discipline, good character and determination. What WON'T get you out of poverty is taking handouts and settling for the status quo, which is what WAY too many people are content to do.

Gee, does that make me a "hater" for pointing that out? Sorry, but I was raised on a dairy farm, getting out of bed at 4:00 to milk cows every day. Where I come from you work to support yourself and your family and you don't whine about somebody else having more than you do.

If you live in poverty in the inner city, we much "teach them good discipline, good character" -- says Paul Ryan.

I know it goes against Progressive dogma to ever blame people's problems on their own failings...it's kind of a take off on that famous line from "Love Story"..."Being in love means never having to say you're sorry"...only in this case it's..."Being a liberal means never having to admit that it's your fault."

There is a way out of poverty but it takes discipline, good character and determination. What WON'T get you out of poverty is taking handouts and settling for the status quo, which is what WAY too many people are content to do.

Gee, does that make me a "hater" for pointing that out? Sorry, but I was raised on a dairy farm, getting out of bed at 4:00 to milk cows every day. Where I come from you work to support yourself and your family and you don't whine about somebody else having more than you do.

Yeah well the other side blames everything on Obama.
They must consider him stronger than superman or something?

Work? Heck kids around here will not work like I did when young. Have to hire mexicans to do the farm labor that we did as kids to get money.

Work? Heck kids around here will not work like I did when young. Have to hire mexicans to do the farm labor that we did as kids to get money.

Don't look now, US...but progressives are pushing to have child labor laws prohibit kids who live on farms from working around "dangerous equipment" or work long hours. They don't have a freaking CLUE what would happen if they ever passed THAT legislative "gem". You'd put most family farms out of business because the children of farmers work right alongside their parents to keep the family business "in" business.

I don't blame everything on Obama. What I do blame him for is a failure to lead. He's spent most of the past three years blaming other people for the country's problems while he himself hasn't been able to even do the most basic things like pass a budget. I'm sorry but I just don't buy the whole "the other side won't work with me" whine. Presidents like Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan had to deal with a Congress controlled by the "other side" and both of them managed to forge political consensus and get the job done. Barry hasn't. At some point that has to become HIS problem. If he hadn't been such a dick when he had his super majorities then he wouldn't have an opposition that absolutely loathes him. It was a stupid thing to do politically. He poisoned the well and now doesn't know where to turn to get some drinkable water. If you think that's going to change by the way then you're dreaming.

On the other hand you've got Mitt Romney... a moderate Republican who's already proven that he CAN work across the aisle with Democrats. If you REALLY want to get Washington working again...why would you EVER vote for Obama over Romney? It simply doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Don't look now, US...but progressives are pushing to have child labor laws prohibit kids who live on farms from working around "dangerous equipment" or work long hours. They don't have a freaking CLUE what would happen if they ever passed THAT legislative "gem". You'd put most family farms out of business because the children of farmers work right alongside their parents to keep the family business "in" business.

They've been trying to shut down and repossess family farms ever since they discovered in the 70s that the land they sit on is good to bicycle across, hunt on, and hike. They don't have the money to buy their own land, they can't bear to move out of the cities...but they want that land to use for recreation anyway.

The proposed legislation to "protect" the children of farmers is one more example of why government causes as much harm as it does good. Do children who grow up on farms tend to work a lot more than children who don't? The answer to that is yes. You work on a farm. EVERYONE works on a farm. Farm families tend to be larger than the norm because you need those additional workers.

That isn't child abuse however. I would stipulate that growing up as a farm kid instills a work ethic in young people that is unmatched by almost any other upbringing. That isn't a negative...that is an advantage that child will have over other children for their entire lives. These "well meaning" legislators that don't have a clue about life on a family farm would turn one of America's strengths into a bunch of unmotivated lumps sitting around waiting for someone else to do things for them.

Forum List

Back