RX 5700 vs RTX 2060 Super

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
I know these cards are just coming out, but I wondered if anyone had purchased one or plans to any time soon. I'm considering getting one of them, although I'll almost certainly wait at least a few months to see how pricing might change and drivers might affect performance.

For that matter, I still might look at a 1660 TI if the price on that drops, too. I'm not willing to spend the kind of money it takes for the top-end cards, but I'm interested in how the new mid-range cards perform and compare to each other if anyone owns them.

I know these cards are just coming out, but I wondered if anyone had purchased one or plans to any time soon. I'm considering getting one of them, although I'll almost certainly wait at least a few months to see how pricing might change and drivers might affect performance.

For that matter, I still might look at a 1660 TI if the price on that drops, too. I'm not willing to spend the kind of money it takes for the top-end cards, but I'm interested in how the new mid-range cards perform and compare to each other if anyone owns them.

Last edited:
Oh! I know what it is now. All this alleged "New Technology", and I don't see a damn bit of improvement:

Benchmarks don't show enough improvement to spend money.
The 5700XT shows slight improvement, not enough to buy one, though.
Did AMD stock drop? Hehehehehe. Grrr, not yet.

AMD Stock Is Falling, and One Analyst Says It’s Time to Take Profits

AMD Radeon RX 5700 – Review and Benchmarks - IGN

Benchmarks don't show enough improvement over what, exactly? The RX 5700 seems to stack up pretty well compared to the RTX 2060 Super, for example, in the benchmarks I've so far seen. I've seen a couple of videos which have claimed the 5700XT, at least, has bad overheating issues, though.

Looking at the numbers so far available, the 5700 and 5700XT could be better values than the RTX Super cards. I'd like to get some personal opinions if anyone has the cards, though.

Forum List

Back