RWA: stop the misquoting

Originally posted by nycflasher
you asked for an example, here you go: http://www.usmessageboard.com/forum...&perpage=15&highlight=nycflasher&pagenumber=2

this is just one instance where I said one thing and then you claimed that I said another, per your request

others, feel free to post your examples here

Oh yeah. You told me I might be happier as a Saudi Citizen. I jokingly referred to that as you asking me to leave the country, ya know kind of how conservatives do to libs? It's an exaggeration at best; it's also in a humorous context. If this is the best you've found. You've found nothing.

Dismissed!

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Oh yeah. You told me I might be happier as a Saudi Citizen. I jokingly referred to that as you asking me to leave the country, ya know kind of how conservatives do to libs? It's an exaggeration at best; it's also in a humorous context. If this is the best you've found. You've found nothing.

Dismissed!

A. Um, that is not a refutation.

B. Your a comedian? I forgot. Maybe you can show us an example of where you said something funny.

edit:

C. More examples to come as needed.

It's more like a paraphrase or a summary of what you said. Quit being such a whiny baby.

nyc: Maybe you'd be happier being a saudi citizen.

RWA: (jokingly) are you telling me to leave the country?

It's a joke you idiot. And yes querying me as to perhaps being happier in a different country is related to me leaving the country.

You are refuted. It's not a misquote, done to deceive people of your true stance on an issue, as you implied.

RWA said this:

It's more like a paraphrase or a summary of what you said. Quit being such a whiny baby.

When he really meant to say this:

Dan is the coolest person on this board, I wish I could be more like him, but I can't because no human can be taught to be that damn cool.

True story.

Forum List

Back