RW Hypocrisy Alert!

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Yes, another:
Soon after President Obama announced that he had nominated Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell (KY) and Jim DeMint (SC) attacked his choice because Kagan has never served as a judge:

MCCONNELL: “She’s the least qualified in terms of judicial experience in 38 years. Now some would argue that maybe we need to have people who don’t have judicial experience. I saw a survey indicating that about 70 percent of the American people think that judicial experience is a good idea for somebody who is going to be on the Supreme Court.”

DEMINT: “I’m concerned that she has no judicial experience to give Americans confidence that she will be impartial in her decisions.”

Yet back in 2005, both DeMint and McConnell praised Harriet Miers’ nomination to the Supreme Court before she withdrew. Like Kagan, Miers had no previous judicial experience, yet both GOP senators expressed admiration for Miers, specifically citing her “experience”:

MCCONNELL: “Ms. Miers has an exemplary record of service to our country. She will bring to the Court a lifetime of experience in various levels of government, and at the highest levels of the legal profession. She is a woman of tremendous ability and very sound judgment. … Ms. Miers has great experience in government as well, at the local, state, and federal levels. …She is well qualified to join the nation’s highest court. … She will make a fine addition to the Supreme Court, and I look forward to her confirmation.”

DEMINT: “Ms. Miers would bring a wealth of personal experience to the Supreme Court. I expect she will show that she has the intelligence, fairness, and open-mindedness needed to serve on the Court.”
I'm not a huge fan of Hagan, but this is just blatant hypocrisy. As Rachel Maddow said tonight, "do they ever think about just googling themselves?"

How old are you?

Seriously. I doubt very seriously you are even 18. It shows in your inability to even try and be objective.

First you fall for the idea Republicans support slavery and now this? :lol::lol::lol:

You have to stop reading these laughable propaganda blogs and start opening your mind. You will get laughed at a lot less.

First off Harriet Miers wasn't confirmed.

The fact that Republicans played cheerleader for Bush their GOP leader at the time? Gee, what a surprise! :lol:

That isn't the point.

The point is in POINTING OUT HOW SIMILAR HARRIET MIERS IS TO KAGAN, you defeat your OWN POSITION.

The fact is Miers and Kagan ARE SIMILIAR in experience.

But look at the difference between CONSERVATIVES AND LIBERALS.

Conservatives rose up (because they are not mindless robots who follow what the GOP says) and made it clear they did NOT want Miers confirmed. The party finally caved into the constant calls from conservatives against Miers.

But what do liberals do????????

Same kind of candidate and they just line up like lemmings behind Obama fighting out who gets to kiss his butt first.

Conservatives act upon principle and liberals act on what liberals leaders tell them to do.

Remember when liberal idiots were trying to tell us in the 90s that oral sex wasn't sex? :lol::lol: That's because liberals told them to say that and they did! It didn't matter if they looked like idiots. They did it.

Same thing is going on here.

And Rachel Maddow as a source??????? BWAHAHAAA! :lol::lol::lol: The woman is so stuck on stupid, she defeats own position with the comparison to Miers and you go right along with her.

Thank you for pointing out conservatives do not follow some pied piper in the GOP while liberals do with the Dems.

It makes abundantly clear who really are the mind numbed robots.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
How old are you?

Seriously. I doubt very seriously you are even 18. It shows in your inability to even try and be objective.

First you fall for the idea Republicans support slavery and now this? :lol::lol::lol:

You have to stop reading these laughable propaganda blogs and start opening your mind. You will get laughed at a lot less.

The fact that Republicans played cheerleader for Bush their GOP leader at the time? Gee, what a surprise! :lol:

That isn't the point.

The point is in POINTING OUT HOW SIMILAR HARRIET MIERS IS TO KAGAN, you defeat your OWN POSITION.

But look at the difference between CONSERVATIVES AND LIBERRALS.

Conservatives rose up (because they are not mindless robots who follow what the GOP says) and made it clear they did NOT want Miers confirmed. The party finally caved into the constant calls from conservatives against Miers.

Same kind of candidate and they just line up like lemmings behind Obama fighting out who gets to kiss his butt first.

Conservatives act upon principle and liberals act on what liberals leaders tell them to do.

Remember when liberal idiots were trying to tell us in the 90s that oral sex wasn't sex? :lol::lol: That's because liberals told them to say that and they did! It didn't matter if they looked like idiots. They did it.

And Rachel Maddow as a source??????? BWAHAHAAA! :lol::lol::lol: The woman is so stuck on stupid, she defeats own position with the comparison to Miers and you go right along with her.

Thank you for pointing out conservatives do not follow some pied piper in the GOP while liberals do with the Dems.

How old are you?

Seriously. I doubt very seriously you are even 12. It shows in your inability to even try and be objective.

Still can't understand the principle of hypocricy?

Yes, another:
Soon after President Obama announced that he had nominated Solicitor General Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court, Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell (KY) and Jim DeMint (SC) attacked his choice because Kagan has never served as a judge:

MCCONNELL: “She’s the least qualified in terms of judicial experience in 38 years. Now some would argue that maybe we need to have people who don’t have judicial experience. I saw a survey indicating that about 70 percent of the American people think that judicial experience is a good idea for somebody who is going to be on the Supreme Court.”

DEMINT: “I’m concerned that she has no judicial experience to give Americans confidence that she will be impartial in her decisions.”

Yet back in 2005, both DeMint and McConnell praised Harriet Miers’ nomination to the Supreme Court before she withdrew. Like Kagan, Miers had no previous judicial experience, yet both GOP senators expressed admiration for Miers, specifically citing her “experience”:

MCCONNELL: “Ms. Miers has an exemplary record of service to our country. She will bring to the Court a lifetime of experience in various levels of government, and at the highest levels of the legal profession. She is a woman of tremendous ability and very sound judgment. … Ms. Miers has great experience in government as well, at the local, state, and federal levels. …She is well qualified to join the nation’s highest court. … She will make a fine addition to the Supreme Court, and I look forward to her confirmation.”

DEMINT: “Ms. Miers would bring a wealth of personal experience to the Supreme Court. I expect she will show that she has the intelligence, fairness, and open-mindedness needed to serve on the Court.”
I'm not a huge fan of Hagan, but this is just blatant hypocrisy. As Rachel Maddow said tonight, "do they ever think about just googling themselves?"

Congratulations for your ability to pick up MSNBC's talking points. Now, let's see you spot some hypocrisy from the left.

There's a really good example from the left right now. See if you can find it.

I love how the Left tries to paint the GOP as hypocrites. The truth is that the Democratic party is the biggest bunch of hypocrites to walk the planet.
And Miers was way more qualified than Kagan.

I love how the Left tries to paint the GOP as hypocrites. The truth is that the Democratic party is the biggest bunch of hypocrites to walk the planet.

I think I need to frame this one and post it on the wall...

One of the Rabbis best attempts at baiting.

Harriet Miers?

I think I need to frame this one and post it on the wall...

One of the Rabbis best attempts at baiting.

Harriet Miers?

At least she had a drivers license from an early age.

How old are you?

That isn't the point.

How old are you?

Seriously. I doubt very seriously you are even 12. It shows in your inability to even try and be objective.

So I see you once again simply decided to put a dig in a post without reading it with an open mind.
He pretty much addressed the issue of hypocrisy, which any open minded person would understand that such exists in both parties; but also pointed out how the two situations are different. COnservatives DID NOT want Meirs yet liberals ALL want Kagan despite her being the same as Meirs; the one they were against for the same reason conservatives were against her.
But please, continue to show us how you are nothing but a lemming that will approve any initiative this administration pushes.

The 5 most disastrous Supreme Court nominees - The Week

"My Little Crony"
Who: Harriet Miers, nominated by George W. Bush in 2005
Why was she a disaster? The nomination of Miers, a close friend of the Bush family, prompted charges of cronyism from Democrats and Republicans alike. She had never acted as a judge, and Senators said she gave "incomplete to insulting" written answers to their questions about her Constitutional views. The negative perceptions of Miers crystallized in a widely circulated cartoon portraying her as Bush's wide-eyed toy — a "my little crony."
What happened next: After three weeks, Bush withdrew his nomination. Miers resigned as White House counsel in 2007.

More rightwing conservative Bizarro World. Its the old take their biggest embarrasments and claim Obama has done the same

In this Bizarro World

Kagan is the same as Harriet Meirs
The Times Square Bombing is the same as 9-11
Healthcare reform is the same as the grounds for the American revolution
Sotomayor is a racist
BP spill is the same as Katrina

Actually, you're half right.... if you include Republicans in that 'biggest bunch of hypocrites', you'd be absolutely 100% correct.

More rightwing conservative Bizarro World. Its the old take their biggest embarrasments and claim Obama has done the same

In this Bizarro World

Kagan is the same as Harriet Meirs-The concerns about her are the same. Lack of judicial experience.
The Times Square Bombing is the same as 9-11- Certainly could have been quite deadly to hundreds if not thousands
Healthcare reform is the same as the grounds for the American revolution-Nowhere is that stated as a conservative platform. You simply decided to put that under a conservative title
Sotomayor is a racist-Conservaitves were concerned about her beleiving that a Latin Woman was wiser than a white man. Reversed, the white man would be deemed a racist is what conservatives presented.
BP spill is the same as Katrina-Strictly referring to the delay of government intervention.

I find it interesting how you MUST spin the truth to try to make conservatives look bad.

You should question yourself why that is.

But of course, you wont.

How old are you?

That isn't the point.

How old are you?

What hypocrisy?

That conservatives stood up to Republican leadership when it came to Harriet Miers but liberals just kiss the backside of Democrat leadership when it comes to Kagan?

And it was Rachel Maddow herself that points out how similar they are in NOT having experience.

Figures you don't have the brains to address that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

How old are you?

That isn't the point.

How old are you?

So I see you once again simply decided to put a dig in a post without reading it with an open mind.
He pretty much addressed the issue of hypocrisy, which any open minded person would understand that such exists in both parties; but also pointed out how the two situations are different. COnservatives DID NOT want Meirs yet liberals ALL want Kagan despite her being the same as Meirs; the one they were against for the same reason conservatives were against her.
But please, continue to show us how you are nothing but a lemming that will approve any initiative this administration pushes.

Look at the avatar people. I'm a girl. :eusa_angel: ;)

How old are you?

That isn't the point.

How old are you?

What hypocrisy?

That conservatives stood up to Republican leadership when it came to Harriet Miers but liberals just kiss the backside of Democrat leadership when it comes to Kagan?

And it was Rachel Maddow herself that points out how similar they are in NOT having experience.

Figures you don't have the brains to address that.

Why should he address it? It will only squash his side of the debate.

How old are you?

Look at the avatar people. I'm a girl. :eusa_angel: ;)

Sorry.

The 5 most disastrous Supreme Court nominees - The Week

"My Little Crony"
Who: Harriet Miers, nominated by George W. Bush in 2005
Why was she a disaster? The nomination of Miers, a close friend of the Bush family, prompted charges of cronyism from Democrats and Republicans alike. She had never acted as a judge, and Senators said she gave "incomplete to insulting" written answers to their questions about her Constitutional views. The negative perceptions of Miers crystallized in a widely circulated cartoon portraying her as Bush's wide-eyed toy — a "my little crony."
What happened next: After three weeks, Bush withdrew his nomination. Miers resigned as White House counsel in 2007.

Too drunk like your avatar to figure out conservatives did NOT want Miers while liberals can't think for themselves when it comes to Kagan?

Forum List

Back