Ruth Bader Ginsburg: I wasn't "100% sober" at the State of the Union

:biggrin:

Supreme Court
July 31, 2014 / 5:29 PM / 4 years ago
U.S. Justice Ginsburg hits back at liberals who want her to retire

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a message for liberals who have been saying the 81-year-old should step down while Democratic President Barack Obama is in office so he can appoint her successor: Who are you going to get who will be better than me?

Referring to the political polarization in Washington and the unlikelihood that another liberal in her mold could be confirmed by the Senate, Ginsburg, the senior liberal on the nine-member bench, asked rhetorically, “So tell me who the president could have nominated this spring that you would rather see on the court than me?”

Ginsburg, in a wide-ranging 75 minute interview with Reuters in her chambers late on Thursday, also acknowledged that President Barack Obama had invited her to a private lunch last summer at the White House. It was an unusual move, she conceded.

Responding to questions about whether Obama might have been fishing for information about possible retirement plans, Ginsburg said, “I don’t think he was fishing.”

Asked why Obama invited her, she said, “Maybe to talk about the court. Maybe because he likes me. I like him.”

U.S. Justice Ginsburg hits back at liberals who want her to retire | Reuters

Give it your best shot. Food and wine make you sleepy. Whoop dee do.
Most people get fired for being drunk on the job

Thankfully she will have Brett Kavanaugh to lean on, as he can help her sort out when it's appropriate to unwind and when it's time to buckle down and get to work
She wasnt on the job. She was at the state of the union. Besides she is not most people. Matter of fact she skipped Drumpfs state of the union on purpose.

She is one of the few people who is more stupid than you.

Thankfully she will have Brett Kavanaugh to lean on, as he can help her sort out when it's appropriate to unwind and when it's time to buckle down and get to work
She wasnt on the job. She was at the state of the union. Besides she is not most people. Matter of fact she skipped Drumpfs state of the union on purpose.
She doesn't even bother to show up for her work obligations, or she flat out shows up drunk...

Is this the kind of person we want in a position of responsibility folks?
I know I dont want a liar and potential sexual predator like Kav in such a position. RBG is amazing. May she have long life and avoid Kav attempting to rape her.

Good thing Al resigned .

View attachment 220984

OMG....that was funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still laughing.........

Good one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

She doesn't even bother to show up for her work obligations, or she flat out shows up drunk...

I know I dont want a liar and potential sexual predator like Kav in such a position. RBG is amazing. May she have long life and avoid Kav attempting to rape her.
Not even actual serial rapists would ever even think about raping Ginsberg.

Thank you for using "potential". Respect for that.

I imagine the Left is doing all it can to keep her alive. I bet she has an army of physicians on call.

We aren't talking about high school or college shenanigans folks

We are talking about person who is such a problem drinker that she can't even stay sober on tbe job?

Should we impeach?

Alex Wong / Getty
During last month's State of the Union address, many eagle-eyed viewers noted that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg occasionally appeared … less than awake.

On Thursday night, during an event at George Washington University, Ginsburg gave an entertaining account of how she ended up nodding off. "The audience for the most part is awake because they're bobbing up and down all the time," she said. "And we sit there, stone-faced, sober judges. But we're not —at least I wasn't — 100 percent sober, because before we went to the State of the Union, we had dinner together."

Do you blame her? That is the only way I would ever watch a SOTU address. One would have to be a moron to subject themselves to that shit sober.

We are talking about person who is such a problem drinker that she can't even stay sober on tbe job?

Should we impeach?

461857054.0.0.jpg
pm
Alex Wong / Getty
During last month's State of the Union address, many eagle-eyed viewers noted that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg occasionally appeared … less than awake.

On Thursday night, during an event at George Washington University, Ginsburg gave an entertaining account of how she ended up nodding off. "The audience for the most part is awake because they're bobbing up and down all the time," she said. "And we sit there, stone-faced, sober judges. But we're not —at least I wasn't — 100 percent sober, because before we went to the State of the Union, we had dinner together."

It was at the 2015 SOTU given by the tedious and absurd B. Hussein O., a lot of people have to get loaded to listen to him.

Would not say its grounds for impeachment for the old lady.

Should we impeach?

461857054.0.0.jpg
pm
Alex Wong / Getty

It was at the 2015 SOTU given by the tedious and absurd B. Hussein O., a lot of people have to get loaded to listen to him.

Would not say its grounds for impeachment for the old lady.
All of BO’s SOTU speeches were full of lies, strawman arguments, and misinformation but the DNCMSM loved every one, and by osmosis so did many easily fooled Americans.

That is the only way I would ever watch a SOTU address.
#metoo

I'm not being entirety serious ITT

I am just making the point that it's ridiculous for the left and the media to hone in on a man's drinking in HS & college, especially a guy that was perennially top of his class

Several of his HS buddies have come out and affirmed his statement that "devil's triangle" was a silly drinking game; yet we still see otherwise intelligent people who insist that it is proof that he engaged in unsavory sexual activity, not that they care about this in most cases...

She is one of the few people who is more stupid than you.
Coming from you thats probably the best compliment I have received on this forum.

Not even actual serial rapists would ever even think about raping Ginsberg.
Kav is a drunkard. He would probably rape a cat if it didnt have claws.

Forum List

Back