Rutgers trains students to empathize with illegal immigrants

The American worker are also struggling to feed their families! And they vote!
We are incapable of empathizing with both?
We should be focused on solving the issues many Americans are facing before we start inviting others with the same problems.

You mean like RWs forcing small businesses into bankruptcy by forcing them to pay wages they can't afford?

While the 1% continue to advertise for illegals to work for them?

Is that what you mean?

No. I didn't think so.

Isn't it the left wing that fights to bring these people here and demands the high $15 minimum wages on these businesses. It makes it damn near impossible for a business not to consider screwing over our own people. How is this right?
Who is the left bringing here?

And what part of Jessica123 is based on any kind of fact?

Hint to Jessica123 Nope. None of what you wrote is happening at all.

Empathize with people who are struggling to feed their families?

Why should Americans care about these illegals??? Maybe these students should start caring about the American worker and demanding better for Americans for once. Maybe you might even win back some of that union vote...But, hell, keep favoring illegals over the American worker that is replaced daily by these criminals.

The American worker are also struggling to feed their families! And they vote!
We should be focused on solving the issues many Americans are facing before we start inviting others with the same problems.

You mean like RWs forcing small businesses into bankruptcy by forcing them to pay wages they can't afford?

Is that what you mean?

No. I didn't think so.
bu....but.....living wage....uuuummmm//////uuummmmmmm

Is that what you mean?

No. I didn't think so.

Isn't it the left wing that fights to bring these people here and demands the high $15 minimum wages on these businesses. It makes it damn near impossible for a business not to consider screwing over our own people. How is this right?

H1 and h2b's skilled labor. The democratic party votes for this kind of stuff all the time and it ends up replacing American workers. You also Accepts loose borders and fight for the children of illegals. Its true that some republicans do so so I aint just blaming the left.

What do you think you're doing when you support this kind of stuff?

Is empathy a zero sum equation? Or do people hate illegal immigrants so much they can’t stand the thought of some one trying to understand them? :dunno:

Is empathy a zero sum equation? Or do people hate illegal immigrants so much they can’t stand the thought of some one trying to understand them? :dunno:
Should working Americans be taxed with saving every person from countries less fortunate than us?

Is that what you mean?

No. I didn't think so.

H1 and h2b's skilled labor. The democratic party votes for this kind of stuff all the time and it ends up replacing American workers. You also Accepts loose borders and fight for the children of illegals. Its true that some republicans do so so I aint just blaming the left.

What do you think you're doing when you support this kind of stuff?
Isn’t that one of the visas our First Lady came in under?
“Skilled labor”

Should working Americans be taxed with saving every person from countries less fortunate than us?
This is not about that.
It most certainly is. That’s exactly what this is about.
No. It is about understanding other viewpoints. Walking a mile in their shoes....popping a few blisters as it were.

Understanding all sides should help in making more informed and just decisions and understanding what drives a migrant doesn’t preclude understanding what it feels like to lose a job to a lower paid immigrant, if indeed that is what occurs. Here is what is interesting. There is little evidence to suggest illegal immigrants take jobs from Americans who want those jobs. There is also little evidence to show they depress wages, except in one category of worker, those without a high school diploma, and even then it is a small decrease and a small subset. Nonetheless their pain is real. And they are very like the immigrants in that respect. We can learn to walk in both their shoes can’t we? (Just don’t choose two left shoes or two right shoes)

This is not about that.
No. It is about understanding other viewpoints. Walking a mile in their shoes....popping a few blisters as it were.

Understanding all sides should help in making more informed and just decisions and understanding what drives a migrant doesn’t preclude understanding what it feels like to lose a job to a lower paid immigrant, if indeed that is what occurs. Here is what is interesting. There is little evidence to suggest illegal immigrants take jobs from Americans who want those jobs. There is also little evidence to show they depress wages, except in one category of worker, those without a high school diploma, and even then it is a small decrease and a small subset. Nonetheless their pain is real. And they are very like the immigrants in that respect. We can learn to walk in both their shoes can’t we? (Just don’t choose two left shoes or two right shoes)
You can’t have a functioning society without proper borders and laws. That’s a simple fact.

I share your love and concern for these people, Coyote. I also know it’s a problem we shouldn’t be pushing on working Americans.

This is not about that.

You can’t have a functioning society without proper borders and laws. That’s a simple fact.

I share your love and concern for these people, Coyote. I also know it’s a problem we shouldn’t be pushing on working Americans.
We are arguing apples and oranges Tycho. You are arguing immigration law, I am arguing empathizing with immigrants. At the very least, my argument might lead to a more compassionate treatment under the law.

This is not about that.

We are arguing apples and oranges Tycho. You are arguing immigration law, I am arguing empathizing with immigrants. At the very least, my argument might lead to a more compassionate treatment under the law.
I’m with you on making it quicker and easier for immigrants to enter this country. Trump feels the same way, and talked about that during his campaign.

Trump is more compassionate than you might think. He has long history of helping others. I’m sure you’ve seen some of the vids I’ve shared.

This is not about that.

Except when a factory is emptied of its illegals wages usually go up for newly hired Americans.

Forum List

Back