Русский / English ... language... Differences

As for the translation of phraseological phrases and idioms, it turns out to be interesting. In Russian, a huge number of borrowings. I think that most of the words of the Russian language are borrowed. When a new object appears from abroad, we almost never give it a Russian name, loading the already existing word with a new meaning, and borrowing a foreign word :) For example, "computer." In Russian there is an exact analogue - "vychislitel" (like "calculator"). But this is a new entity and we took the English root, although we modify it according to Russian rules. And, yes, we also borrowed the word "calculator" as is;)

A similar situation with idioms. Many idioms, which we regard as primordially Russian, are in fact entirely borrowed. Although there are often roots go to French or German.

By the way, the ambiguity and ambiguity [Here! There were two different words, but the translator translated both one option ;)] of the English language creates many problems when using electronic translators. When translating between non-English languages, usually translation is not directly, but through English as an intermediate language. For example, French -> English -> Russian. So, when translating into English, much meaning disappears :) Different words of the French language when translated into English become one word. And when translating from English to Russian, in which it is again different words, the translator often chooses the wrong word :)

In the Russian language, of course, there are many-valued words that are not unambiguously translated into English, but this happens much less often. Although there are some notable cases. For example, the constant confusion between "kill" and "murder". In Russian, this is one word "убийство" ("ubiystvo").

So you are saying my joke doesn't translate well?
Tell me it back in English and we'll see.
Dems думайте что Россия поворачивает
время от времени их света дома

How is Russia like a lighthouse for Democrats?
Did you use the translator back, because that can be an issue.
It's suuposed to say:
"Dems think Russia turns off and on their house lights."

It's suuposed to say:

Here's what most Dems actually think:
Russia (USSR and the current Russian Federation) have been meddling for decades, we knew that.
Recently however, they've gotten VERY good at it, and have supersized and weaponized their program.
If this was the Space Race to the Moon, they already launched Sputnik and they already put Gagarin in orbit, and we're still sitting around with our thumb up our ass wondering if all that rocket stuff is really important.

So it's not about thinking Russians turn our house lights on and off, it's about Russians pretending to be Americans standing around in the town square talking about the neighborhood, when in reality they're a bunch of sock puppet "concern trolls" who aren't even really in the neighborhood at all, but they rather enjoy starting fights IN that neighborhood when it benefits them.

And when they play dumb, it irritates the shit out of a lot of us. But don't worry, just like the Moon race, Americans will eventually wise up and start to turn the tables. And it's going to hurt when we do....a LOT.

It's suuposed to say:

Russia (USSR and the current Russian Federation) have been meddling for decades, we knew that.
Recently however, they've gotten VERY good at it, and have supersized and weaponized their program.
If this was the Space Race to the Moon, they already launched Sputnik and they already put Gagarin in orbit, and we're still sitting around with our thumb up our ass wondering if all that rocket stuff is really important.

So it's not about thinking Russians turn our house lights on and off, it's about Russians pretending to be Americans standing around in the town square talking about the neighborhood, when in reality they're a bunch of sock puppet "concern trolls" who aren't even really in the neighborhood at all, but they rather enjoy starting fights IN that neighborhood when it benefits them.

And when they play dumb, it irritates the shit out of a lot of us. But don't worry, just like the Moon race, Americans will eventually wise up and start to turn the tables. And it's going to hurt when we do....a LOT.
Wait, are Dems saying everyone has freedom of speach in this world but Russian citizens whether they live in Russia or elsewhere why are they not allowed to have global opinions, but Mexico(politicians) and it's citizens are, French, German, British can speak politically but not Russians? Dems even let Iranians have free speach, but not Russians? What happened to that party inclusive gimick? Notice any Russian is labeled "the Russians" as if KGB or Putin cronies. Even Czech or Pakistani hackers are called "Russians".

DEMS have become Xenophobes, they are only using Russians as a misdirection to their political abuses and criminal activity.

According to Dems, when Obama interfered with
Israeli elections then Israel should have retaliated. When Mexico interfered in
2016 The U.S. should have retaliated, not as Obama did, instead he made these interference types new citizens by rushing and cheating the process and doing so for political tactic thus abuse of power to cheat an election.
The best way to deflect your sins is to accuse everyone else of that sin, aka
"the missdirection" .
The Dems thought they were
David Copperfield, but they did their act
in front of the great "My Cousin Vinny"
who didn't miss a thing they were trying to cover up by doing and who called it every step of the way. :)

It's suuposed to say:

Wait, are Dems saying everyone has freedom of speach in this world but Russian citizens whether they live in Russia or elsewhere why are they not allowed to have global opinions, but Mexico(politicians) and it's citizens are, French, German, British can speak politically but not Russians? Dems even let Iranians have free speach, but not Russians? What happened to that party inclusive gimick? Notice any Russian is labeled "the Russians" as if KGB or Putin cronies. Even Czech or Pakistani hackers are called "Russians".

DEMS have become Xenophobes, they are only using Russians as a misdirection to their political abuses and criminal activity.

2016 The U.S. should have retaliated, not as Obama did, instead he made these interference types new citizens by rushing and cheating the process and doing so for political tactic thus abuse of power to cheat an election.
"the missdirection" .
who didn't miss a thing they were trying to cover up by doing and who called it every step of the way. :)

What is "everyone has freedom of speach in this world"??
No, you do not have freedom of speech in MY WORLD, in MY COUNTRY, any more than I would have in YOURS, which is clearly offshore.
French, German, British are not allowed to speak politically IN RUSSIA. STOP SMOKING the drugs.

Show me one instance where a foreign national living in another country is allowed to politically interfere via state sanctioned operations like the Internet Research Agency.

As to your charge that "we did it too"? Yeah, what if we did? I live HERE, I do not live there, so your moral relativism isn't going to impress me at all.

You and your weak sauce are dismissed.

Equally true for Russian, if everyone spoke Russian. As far as English being the language of commerce, if we fail to get our collective ass in gear, and continue on the path we have been on for the last year, in 20 years Chinese will be the language of commerce.

In answer to one comment of Selivan's concerning the spelling in English. English is a bastard language. It has words from French, the Germanic languages, old Celt, and many other languages. Even worse in the US, because we adapted many Native American words into the language. Unfortunately, especially in the case of the French words, we kept the original spelling, but not the pronunciation. And we also have many local words that even here, are understood only in a specific region. One I can think of specific to Oregon and Washington state is skookum. That is an local Indian word for something that is right for the task, an example would be 'that is a real skookum truck he has'.
Я ничего не понял, что ты написал про Русский или Английский на поставил тебе лайк
Так делали в Партии СССР :04:

I can't believe Selivan said "In Russian, each letter sounds like it is written"
Jiminy Crickets, I can't even wrap my tongue around the name of that Russian adoption attorney lady who is such a scandal in the Trump campaign, let alone spell it. Same with every Russian novel I've ever tried to read. Same with the Mueller indictment of 13 who-sits. I can't keep straight a jumble of letters that make no phonetic sense whatsoever.
Russian is impenetrable.
It's a bullshit...
Learn Russian language...
-------------------------------------------------- -----------
When you learn the Russian language, you can understand the "language of the enemy" and argue with me ...
While you're watching CNN and I'm not interested ...

It's suuposed to say:

"the missdirection" .

No, you do not have freedom of speech in MY WORLD, in MY COUNTRY, any more than I would have in YOURS, which is clearly offshore.
French, German, British are not allowed to speak politically IN RUSSIA. STOP SMOKING the drugs.

Show me one instance where a foreign national living in another country is allowed to politically interfere via state sanctioned operations like the Internet Research Agency.

As to your charge that "we did it too"? Yeah, what if we did? I live HERE, I do not live there, so your moral relativism isn't going to impress me at all.

So then in your description and standard you just admitted the Dems colluded with Mexico and other countries including Russia.
You admitted Mexico interfered with our elections and Dems did not persue "That" interference= "Proving" Dems are faking concerns over election manipulations by selectively targeting only one group they can "strategically" utilize to demonize as a political strategy and rallying cry. Since they are pandering to Mexicans, they can't persue this across the board even standard="politics". This whole charade is a political chess match that Dems keep losing and instead of graciously bowing out, they've become that kid who throws a childs tantrum by overthrowing the chess board to the ground.

Source example of incidences of Mexican tampering: Mexico had a paid program initiative that was set up specifically to interfere with the election by signing up permanent residents of their country to stop Trump,
behind the voter registration effort, led by Immigrant Voters Win PAC — a group of 30 community organizer groups dedicated to promoting illegal immigrants.
Even residents of other countries got naturalized to get in on this voter fraud.
One woman from Honduras said she responded to the Mexican government’s initiative.

It's suuposed to say:

"the missdirection" .

So then in your description and standard you just admitted the Dems colluded with Mexico and other countries including Russia.
You admitted Mexico interfered with our elections and Dems did not persue "That" interference= "Proving" Dems are faking concerns over election manipulations by selectively targeting only one group they can "strategically" utilize to demonize as a political strategy and rallying cry. Since they are pandering to Mexicans, they can't persue this across the board even standard="politics". This whole charade is a political chess match that Dems keep losing and instead of graciously bowing out, they've become that kid who throws a childs tantrum by overthrowing the chess board to the ground.

Source example of incidences of Mexican tampering: Mexico had a paid program initiative that was set up specifically to interfere with the election by signing up permanent residents of their country to stop Trump,
behind the voter registration effort, led by Immigrant Voters Win PAC — a group of 30 community organizer groups dedicated to promoting illegal immigrants.
Even residents of other countries got naturalized to get in on this voter fraud.
One woman from Honduras said she responded to the Mexican government’s initiative.
troll

It's suuposed to say:

"the missdirection" .

troll
Perfect example of what I was describing regarding "Deflection".
But worse, because now we know you hate bait (troll) people to top post your own OP.

It's suuposed to say:

"the missdirection" .

That was an enormous pile of straw shaped vaguely like a man.
My statement still stands, and the Russians (people like you, only paid) are still interfering with our democratic process from outside the country.

Perfect example of what I was describing regarding "Deflection".
But worse, because now we know you hate bait (troll) people to top post your own OP.

If that was the case, I wouldn't be putting you on IGNORE.
I gain nothing by arguing with straw man creators.
Bye Felicia.

I can't believe Selivan said "In Russian, each letter sounds like it is written"
Jiminy Crickets, I can't even wrap my tongue around the name of that Russian adoption attorney lady who is such a scandal in the Trump campaign, let alone spell it. Same with every Russian novel I've ever tried to read. Same with the Mueller indictment of 13 who-sits. I can't keep straight a jumble of letters that make no phonetic sense whatsoever.
Russian is impenetrable.
It's a bullshit...
When you learn the Russian language, you can understand the "language of the enemy" and argue with me ...
Eat my HAT
But really, the fact that I suck at foreign languages doesn't mean I was insulting Russian. I just can't pronounce it, even in my head, so I can't keep straight who is who if the names are Russian.

Russian is impenetrable.
It's a bullshit...
Eat my HAT
But really, the fact that I suck at foreign languages doesn't mean I was insulting Russian. I just can't pronounce it, even in my head, so I can't keep straight who is who if the names are Russian.
As far as I know Selivan, then he does not give a shit about your opinion, just like the rest of the goats on this branch. You can eat your hat.

It's suuposed to say:

"the missdirection" .

My statement still stands, and the Russians (people like you, only paid) are still interfering with our democratic process from outside the country.
Ad Hominem responses are not intellectually honest.
My name is in Hebrew, it is not Russian.
But thanks for proving my point.
:)

A yawning smile. There will not be anything interesting here. Only the old lady will offer everyone to chew on her hat .. it's good that only a hat.

It's suuposed to say:

"the missdirection" .

>>>>interfering with our democratic process

That includes ex-presidents right? OBAMA has a lot to learn from Bush on how to leave office graciously without pride and vengence.
Obamas revengeful nature tarnishes the high office whether towards Netanyahu or Trump his behavior taints everything.

Forum List

Back