Russia’s ‘stealth-killer’ fighter project has been abandoned

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
Not real surprising on this one. There still is only one country with the manufacturing tolerances to actually build a real stealth aircraft and that's the US. You can make it look like a stealth aircraft but unless you can do the tolerances it won't be. Russia finally figured that out.

Russia’s big stealth fighter fail

RUSSIA sent its secret new stealth fighter prototypes to Syria to see how they performed. Now, the whole project has just been dumped.

MOSCOW boasted it had a new world-beater: The Su-57 stealth fighter. It was smart. It was sneaky. It was lethal. Turns out, it’s none of those things.

It’s been a long, expensive road.

But the gamble Russia took in developing its first stealth fighter has failed.

It promised much: the ability to sneak up on opposing bombers and fighters unseen, to see them first, to shoot first …

Then reality hit home.

Engine troubles. Questionable stealth. The abandonment of the project by partner India. A credit crunch
thanks to international sanctions over Russia’s invasion of Crimea.

THE Su-57: What we know about Russia’s most modern stealth fighter

Now, the combat jet touted as being able to take on — and beat — the US F-22 ‘Raptor’ stealth fighter and F-35 ‘Lightining II’ strike fighter has been unceremoniously dumped.

Some 11 examples have been built over the past 10 years. Each taking the integration of advanced stealth, electronics, engine and integration technologies one step further.

“The plane has proven to be very good, including in Syria, where it confirmed its performance and combat capabilities,” Russian Deputy Defence Minister Yuri Borisov said on Russian TV.

In the end, it wasn’t good enough.

Not that Moscow can admit that.

RELATED: Here’s the US vision of future air warfare

“The Su-57 is considered to be one of the best aircraft produced in the world. Consequently, it does not make sense to speed up work on mass-producing the fifth-generation aircraft.”

So the prototypes are a dead end. There will be no mass-produced Su-57.

Instead, advances made and applied to the new airframe will likely be partially grafted on older aircraft, such as the Su-35.

Western analysts have long cast doubt over the Su-57’s true ‘fifth generation’ stealth fighter status.

It was big. It could carry an impressive array of anti-air and anti-ground weapons. It was also super-manoeuvrable.

RELATED: China wants to replace its Russian aircraft carrier fighters

But does not appear to have succeeded at combining these attributes with being stealthy. And the ability of its engines to sustain high speeds for long periods of time was in doubt.

President Putin at first promised several squadrons of the advanced fighter would be operational in the 2020s. Then the order was cut back to a few dozen production models.

Now, there will be none.

THE J-20: What we know about China’s most modern stealth fighter

This leaves Russia at a considerable disadvantage to US, NATO and other Western-allied nations now fielding the F-35 stealth fighter. And China late last year declared its first stealth fighter — the J-20 — to be in operational squadron service.

How Moscow will manage this setback is yet to be seen.

The major problem I have heard about is that US pilots have trouble handling the Gs with 5th generation jets so I am happy about the news dealing with drones and RPVs.

But yet Russia was able to take out the electronics on a battleship not once but twice in the Black Sea...they had to tow it.........officers resigned. I think that I would stay out of Russia's "bidness" and mind my own part of the continent......just sayin'.

• Banned
But yet Russia was able to take out the electronics on a battleship not once but twice in the Black Sea...they had to tow it.........officers resigned. I think that I would stay out of Russia's "bidness" and mind my own part of the continent......just sayin'.

Care to give us all a bit of information on this? IT would prove to be very interesting.

Stealth killer?

Is that when they illegally attacked people in Great Britain with poison?

Care to give us all a bit of information on this? IT would prove to be very interesting.

Google "US Donald Cook, 2014"...........let me know what ya find.

Stealth killer?

Is that when they illegally attacked people in Great Britain with poison?

deanrd sez? "My beloved gubemint has never killed their own citizens, never experimented on them without their consent! They have never killed journalists like Gary Webb and Michael Hastings and any rumor to the contrary is just wrong because I say so!!!"

Seriously? I wish I did live in a country that didn't do the shit that it has. I wish I didn't live in a country whose corporate "gubermint" uses their military might to steal resources of other countries that lack the ability to fend for themselves. I wish I didn't live in a country that confiscates 25 percent (or more) of it's serfs under the threat of a gun, prison time or both....but it is what it is.

So save me your spew about how USA.INC has this moral high ground when it has been stealing the wealth of other countries (as well as it's "citizens") since the Guatemalan coup of 1953 for the United Fruit Company.

• Banned

Battleship you say. Then you say it happened twice. Then you say it had to be towed. The first time the story was spread by the Russians it was just a temporary disruption Radar and Electronics. Then the story was dusted off and expanded upon for another "Incident". This time, they went onto saying they crippled the ship like you claimed. The first lie was so successful that they just had to dust it off and try it again except this time, really go for broke.

The US Donald Cook was in the Black Sea in 2014. The Russians did fly a SU-24 in it's general vicinity at least once during the "Tour" of the US Donald Cook. All the rest of the story is made up to cover up the fact that the Russians are so behind in Electronic Warfare it's not even funny. About the same time, the F-35 was gaining the ability to overload enemy radar and essentially burn it out. The Russians couldn't do it so they concocted this whopper for a system that doesn't exist.

Battleship you say. Then you say it happened twice. Then you say it had to be towed. The first time the story was spread by the Russians it was just a temporary disruption Radar and Electronics. Then the story was dusted off and expanded upon for another "Incident". This time, they went onto saying they crippled the ship like you claimed. The first lie was so successful that they just had to dust it off and try it again except this time, really go for broke.

The US Donald Cook was in the Black Sea in 2014. The Russians did fly a SU-24 in it's general vicinity at least once during the "Tour" of the US Donald Cook. All the rest of the story is made up to cover up the fact that the Russians are so behind in Electronic Warfare it's not even funny. About the same time, the F-35 was gaining the ability to overload enemy radar and essentially burn it out. The Russians couldn't do it so they concocted this whopper for a system that doesn't exist.

No, it really happened and it freaked out officers on the ship. If you believe that propaganda bullshit that this incident never happened? That's on you. The Russian pilot that disabled the electronics on the ship did multiple flyovers like he was going to unload a payload of bombs on the ship and the USS Donald Cook was powerless to respond. Leave the bear alone. Leftards claim that Russia played a part in election fraud and "swayed" the election away from the Hildebeast that was crowned the winner pre-election because "ROOSKIE bots posted shit about her on Facebook.....I can't even begin to tell you how fucking STOOPID that premise was.....but USA.INC supporting the illegal coup of the Ukraine that directly affected the security of Russia's borders and installing an E.U friendly puppet? Well, Russia should be just fine with that? What if China annexed Mexico.....how would you feel? Two sides to every story, my friend.

The first Su-57 will go into service, I believe, this year. Several combat vehicles will soon be used by the Lipetsk Air Center.

But many of them will not be built exactly. Now this format is redundant for Russia. To protect the interests of Russia in the third world, much cheaper aircraft of the 4th generation will suffice. And with the advent of unmanned vehicles, the 5th generation can quickly morally become obsolete. Therefore, in Russia, now more focused on the development of aviation of the 6th generation. A Su-57 is designed to refine concepts and maintain the technological level of development and production. By itself, he does not need Russia now. It is unlikely that he is a justifiable weapon against ISIS :)

No, it really happened and it freaked out officers on the ship. If you believe that propaganda bullshit that this incident never happened? That's on you. The Russian pilot that disabled the electronics on the ship did multiple flyovers like he was going to unload a payload of bombs on the ship and the USS Donald Cook was powerless to respond. Leave the bear alone. Leftards claim that Russia played a part in election fraud and "swayed" the election away from the Hildebeast that was crowned the winner pre-election because "ROOSKIE bots posted shit about her on Facebook.....I can't even begin to tell you how fucking STOOPID that premise was.....but USA.INC supporting the illegal coup of the Ukraine that directly affected the security of Russia's borders and installing an E.U friendly puppet? Well, Russia should be just fine with that? What if China annexed Mexico.....how would you feel? Two sides to every story, my friend.

Thanks to an education I received from one of your other comrades, I picked up some code phrases from your posting that said you aren't American.

The first Su-57 will go into service, I believe, this year. Several combat vehicles will soon be used by the Lipetsk Air Center.

But many of them will not be built exactly. Now this format is redundant for Russia. To protect the interests of Russia in the third world, much cheaper aircraft of the 4th generation will suffice. And with the advent of unmanned vehicles, the 5th generation can quickly morally become obsolete. Therefore, in Russia, now more focused on the development of aviation of the 6th generation. A Su-57 is designed to refine concepts and maintain the technological level of development and production. By itself, he does not need Russia now. It is unlikely that he is a justifiable weapon against ISIS :)

In order to build a real 6th gen, you first must build a real 5th gen. The SU57 never made the cut as a real 5th gen. And it was the best Russian effort. I said all along that the money was better spent on the SU-35 which is an upgraded SU-27. The only country on the face of the earth that has paid the price to learn to build with the tolerances to build a true 5th and 6th gen aircraft is the US and it took 30 years to learn how to do it. And it's taken another nearly 20 years to refine it. You can take a stealth fighter apart and see how it operates, you can reverse engineer the electronics but you can't duplicate the tolerance required to construct it without paying that enormous price. Even the export version of the F-35 has some of it's hidden electronics removed before it's allowed to go over the water. Countries that get them have to do what I call, "Roll Yer Own" for some of the coding. Right now, Britain, Israel, Denmark and a couple of others are capable of doing that. You can make it took like a Stealth Aircraft but just looking like one doesn't make you one.

I sort of hoped the SU-57 would have been put into production. It may have been a huge shot in the arm to US Fighter Design to get the next gen off the drawing boards an into the test stage.

Thanks to an education I received from one of your other comrades, I picked up some code phrases from your posting that said you aren't American.

I was born in Amarillo, Texas on October 14th of 1963 and have never visited another country. There are many posters here that are refugees from the Yahoo message boards that have known me since 2002. You just made a huge ass out of yourself. Consider yourself "punked".......

I was born in Amarillo, Texas on October 14th of 1963 and have never visited another country. There are many posters here that are refugees from the Yahoo message boards that have known me since 2002. You just made a huge ass out of yourself. Consider yourself "punked".......

I'll take that into consideration Comrade.

What exactly is a "consideration Comrade"? LMAO!!!!

If you want to repeat Russian Propaganda don't expect to be treated any better. Next you are going to tell me you voted for Putin's bitch.

If you want to repeat Russian Propaganda don't expect to be treated any better. Next you are going to tell me you voted for Putin's bitch.

Hey, numb fuck? I am about the truth....as ugly as it may be. I prefer that over pretty little lies told to me by USA.INC and it's corporate media lackeys that are CIA controlled. You could never deal with what I have learned via due diligence. USA.INC is no saintly bastion of hope for the oppressed. It is simply the hammer for the three city triad ran by global elites.

Hey, numb fuck? I am about the truth....as ugly as it may be. I prefer that over pretty little lies told to me by USA.INC and it's corporate media lackeys that are CIA controlled. You could never deal with what I have learned via due diligence. USA.INC is no saintly bastion of hope for the oppressed. It is simply the hammer for the three city triad ran by global elites.

Whatever you say.

Whatever you say.

At the end of the day? I know more than you...comprehend more than you and can back it up. Hell, you lack the ability to place a "comma" in the correct place. BTW, I wouldn't vote for a commie leftard or support one even if a gun (that leftards believe only da gubermint should have) was pointed at my temple. I would slit the throat of a leftard before I would ever support one....etch that in stone, "comrade".

BTW, if you want to debate me? Come at me with something better than this weak ass shit you have been feebly flinging. You have all the markings of an intellectual lightweight.

Forum List

Back