Russians use North Korean slaves to build world cup stadium?

Meane

Mar 5, 2017
www.themoscowtimes.com/news/north-korean-slaves-building-key-russian-world-cup-stadium-57602

Two Russian construction companies are reportedly using north Korean slave labour to prepare the city of St. Petersburg for the 2018 world cup.

The labourers .... Work seven days a week, live in inhumane conditions and sleep in shipping containers.

....Several prominent international human rights organisations describe then as slaves and hostages. Normally, 90% of their pay us automatically seized by the government in Pyongyang and the labourers work under constant surveillance.

....According to the Russian ministry of Labour, in 2015, more than 47,000 North Koreans were working in Russia.

We ought to refuse to keep the world cup there.

Moscow times is anti-gov oligarchy propaganda.
None sense. It's the only proper source that the government hasn't managed to shut down. And they do try.
Why is Moscow Times not reporting that North Korean workers work for South Korean companies?
I don't know. Which companies? The same as here? Nevertheless Russia is responsible for the working conditions of those working in Russia.
All South Korean goods labeled "Made in Korea" are made in North Korea. You forgot to mention that your source talks about 110 Koreans who work at the soccer construction side. They will have the same working conditions as the others.

None sense. It's the only proper source that the government hasn't managed to shut down. And they do try.
Why is Moscow Times not reporting that North Korean workers work for South Korean companies?
I don't know. Which companies? The same as here? Nevertheless Russia is responsible for the working conditions of those working in Russia.
All South Korean goods labeled "Made in Korea" are made in North Korea. You forgot to mention that your source talks about 110 Koreans who work at the soccer construction side. They will have the same working conditions as the others.
What others? They are it.

There are 2000 workers.

BWI: BWI visit to World Cup stadium construction site in Saint Petersburg

There are 2000 workers.

I don't think the Koreans are official work force.

Most likely, the North Korean's working in Russia are happy to be living there. They get plenty of good food and decent housing.

Whereas, back in North Korea they would be half starved and living in primitive conditions. ..... :cool:

There are 2000 workers.

Yes, they are. It is not a secret unveiled by Moscow Times.

Most likely, the North Korean's working in Russia are happy to be living there. They get plenty of good food and decent housing.

Whereas, back in North Korea they would be half starved and living in primitive conditions. ..... :cool:
You did not read he article. It says one was found dead in the shipping container he slept in. And that the government takes 90% of their pay. Sounds like starving to me.

Besides, the question whether someone is even worse off somewhere else has no place in defending human rights issues.

There are 2000 workers.

Then show me the official document.

There are 2000 workers.

No. You show the document that declares the case top secret.

You did not read he article. It says one was found dead in the shipping container he slept in.
The guy was probably goofing of on the job and catching a few zzzzz's

Besides, people dying in their sleep isn't unusual. He might of had a medical condition.

Why do western busy-body do-gooders feel they must get into everyone's business all the time, and tell them what to do? ..... :dunno:

No. You show the document that declares the case top secret.
But it isn't, you see, it was in the daily paper.

You did not read he article. It says one was found dead in the shipping container he slept in.
The guy was probably goofing of on the job and catching a few zzzzz's

Besides, people dying in their sleep isn't unusual. He might of had a medical condition.

Why do western busy-body do-gooders feel they must get into everyone's business all the time, and tell them what to do? ..... :dunno:
Because some nations are incapable of taking care of their nationals which is a crime against humanity.

Because some nations are incapable of taking care of their nationals which is a crime against humanity.
So who appointed you to be judge and jury over other nation's affairs? .... :cool:
I am not an appointed judge of other nation's affairs. So the answer would be : no one. Please, stick to the subject. If you run out of arguments, leave.

Forum List

Back