Russian Warships Arrive In Syria...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Don't think Russia is gonna go along with the West's plans to attack Syria.

Syrian TV broadcasts images of two Russian warships in the Syrian port of Tartus. On board, the warships' captains meet with Syria's minister of Defense. On Saturday, the vessels pulled into the port - one of Russia's few outposts abroad. They are expected to stay for several days in an apparent show of continued support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad during a ten-month uprising against his rule.

Russia has joined China in blocking passage of a U.N. Security Council resolution to condemn Assad's government for its crackdown on the opposition.

Russian warships arrive in Syria | Video | Reuters.com

Syrian TV broadcasts images of two Russian warships in the Syrian port of Tartus. On board, the warships' captains meet with Syria's minister of Defense. On Saturday, the vessels pulled into the port - one of Russia's few outposts abroad. They are expected to stay for several days in an apparent show of continued support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad during a ten-month uprising against his rule.

Russia has joined China in blocking passage of a U.N. Security Council resolution to condemn Assad's government for its crackdown on the opposition.

Russia, China and Ron Paul, what a group!!! :cuckoo:

What threat does Syria pose to our national security? They can barely handle whats happening in their own borders.

What threat does Syria pose to our national security? They can barely handle whats happening in their own borders.

Who really thinks we're about to invade Syria? If we do anything, it'd be more like Libya than Iraq.

I agree, screw Ron Paul.

Whenever I look at my paycheck, it brings me great comfort to know part of it was taken away so that another part of the world can be blown up. Even if it has nothing to do with the defense of the United States.

Really puts a smile on my face, HOOOOORAY GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm no fan of war, but to totally retreat as Paul wants, is ridiculous, IMO. I'm much more afraid of who or what would fill that vacuum.

I'm no fan of war, but to totally retreat as Paul wants, is ridiculous, IMO. I'm much more afraid of who or what would fill that vacuum.

Good point.

When we stay the course and help install gov'ts we end up with the great results we've seen in Iraq/Afghanistan/Libya/Egypt/etc.

I can promise I'd much rather have money taken out of my pocket, money taken out of my future kids and grandkids pockets through the deficits these policies create rather than not warmongering.

Had we not blown up Libya, we'd probably be swearing allegiance to Gaddafi every morning.

We used to come in contact with the Russians all the time during the cold war
They're not only a second rate, unmotivated, underpaid Navy - they're a bunch of pussies.

Forum List

Back