Russian Spy Swap. What's The Hurry???

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I can't believe how fast this went down.

One week Obama is gobbling down Cheeseburgers with with the Russian President, the next he's busting massive Russian spy rings, and the next he's sending them home without questioning them properly.

Why the rush???

I wonder how Obama keeps getting away with these set-ups.

Nobody asked what damage these spies caused...what secrets they stole.

Why is it our enemies [Russia] are on better terms then our former friends the Israelis, and the Brits?

If anyone hasn't noticed Russia still has a grudge against us for Afghanistan during the 80s. They want the same exact thing to happen to us that happened to them. And Obama is kissing their asses. Russia helped Iraq remove evidence of WMDs before the invasion and they've been backstabbing us ever since. Now we have an American President who thinks America needs to be brought down a notch or two.

I don't like it.

Somebody tell me where I'm wrong.

The fact you think Russia is our enemy and Israelis/Brits are no longer our friends may just be a good indicator how out of touch with reality you may be.

Speaking of which, for those who care about the facts:

US began deliberating spy swap well before arrests - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – The White House began deliberating a spy swap with Moscow nearly a month ago, well ahead of the arrests of 10 Russians in the United States less than two weeks ago, a White House official said Friday.

The Russian agents had been under observation by U.S. authorities for a decade. The decision to move against them was precipitated by indications that some planned to leave the United States this summer, the official said.

In early June, a decision was made to take action against the Russians and on June 11, a Friday, President Barack Obama was briefed on the matter in the Oval Office. He was told about plans for the arrests, how they would occur, what the Russians would be charged with and the possible impact of the case on U.S.-Russian relations, the official said.

Yawn.

The fact you think Russia is our enemy and Israelis/Brits are no longer our friends may just be a good indicator how out of touch with reality you may be.

What you don't know about Russia would fill an entire library.

And you can't say Obama has been kind to ether the Brits or the Israelis.

He showed the Israeli PM the back door and sent the bust of Winston Churchill back.

Russia has been screwing us for years. They're selling nuke technology to Iran. Don't tell me you don't know this.:eusa_eh:

You clearly didn't realize the spies have been here for a decade. Eight of which was under Bush. Now, are you done trying to blame Obama and going to sulk off? Or are you going to embarrass yourself further?

You clearly didn't realize the spies have been here for a decade. Eight of which was under Bush. Now, are you done trying to blame Obama and going to sulk off? Or are you going to embarrass yourself further?

So it's Bush's fault.:cuckoo:

RLMAO:rofl:

They give you a mod slot and you're just as silly....but you make me laugh.

Drive on brother.

Last edited:
So it's Bush's fault.

RLMAO:cuckoo:

Drive on brother.

I never said it was Bush's fault. They've been under watch for ten years you moron. They got as many state secrets as I have. You are a fool, and my modship has nothing to do with this. Clearly this is your final attempt in not making yourself look like a complete moron. Too bad you clearly failed.

Dont bother to try and rationalize with these partisan hacks.

These spys were surface level people with no intell to give anyone.

These people here dont care abotu that cold hard fact.

They are being traded for our much higher level versions.

The US stands to gain big time from this trade.

These partisan asshole will pretend Obama is a spy.

They dont care about anything but party.

So it's Bush's fault.

RLMAO:cuckoo:

Drive on brother.

I never said it was Bush's fault. They've been under watch for ten years you moron. They got as many state secrets as I have. You are a fool, and my modship has nothing to do with this. Clearly this is your final attempt in not making yourself look like a complete moron. Too bad you clearly failed.

If they've been under watch for ten years.....you idiot...why now did Obama decide to arrest them? Why wouldn't they arrest them sooner if they were guilty? Nobody even knows if they did any spying in the first place. All they are reported to have done is recruiting. They deported them before anyone could ask any questions.

Talk about stupidity. You really make me laugh.

Last edited:
If they've been under watch for ten years.....you idiot...why now did Obama decide to arrest them? Why wouldn't they arrest them sooner? Nobody even knows if they did any spying in the first place. All they are reported to have done is recruiting.

You are a idiot of EPIC proportions. You clearly didn't read the article I posted, even after it made a complete fool of you.

The Russian agents had been under observation by U.S. authorities for a decade. The decision to move against them was precipitated by indications that some planned to leave the United States this summer, the official said.

Nobody knows anything you say? They've been under observation by U.S authorities for a decade. Are you intentionally obtuse or did you have a healthy dose of paint chips for breakfast in your cereal this morning?

If they've been under watch for ten years.....you idiot...why now did Obama decide to arrest them? Why wouldn't they arrest them sooner? Nobody even knows if they did any spying in the first place. All they are reported to have done is recruiting.

You are a idiot of EPIC proportions. You clearly didn't read the article I posted, even after it made a complete fool of you.

Nobody knows anything you say? They've been under observation by U.S authorities for a decade. Are you intentionally obtuse or did you have a healthy dose of paint chips for breakfast in your cereal this morning?

So they arrested them before they left...and provided them with a free ride back at US taxpayer expense within two weeks.

That's hilarious dude.

Last edited:
So they arrested them before they left...and provided them with a free ride back at US taxpayer expense within two weeks.

That's hilarious dude.

In exchange for four spies of our own who were there. It must hurt you painfully that you can't find a way to blame Obama on this.

That's hilarious dude.

In exchange for four spies of our own who were there.
That remains to be seen. The Russians pardoned those in question. If they actually reach the US that is not assured. The reports say that non of these folks are Americans. Let's not forget that this is hardly an equitable swap. Four for 10.

Also...let's not forget that these 10 folks weren't exactly spies but recruiters. Where are all the folks they recruited. None of the 10 had access to sensitive materials....so what is the damage here if any? Seems these folks were light-weights just acting as facilitators.

Last edited:
That remains to be seen. The Russians pardoned those in question. If they actually reach the US that is not assured.

The reports say that non of these folks are Americans.

Let's not forget that this is hardly an equitable swap. Four for 10.

Also...let's not forget that these folks weren't exactly spies but recruiters. Where are all the folks they recruited. None of the 10 had access to sensitive materials....so what is the damage here if any?

Seems these folks were light-weights just acting as facilitators.

So we traded 10 recruiters supposedly for four spies? Even better.

Russian Spies Plead Guilty, Will Be Sent Home In Swap With U.S.

After the defendants entered their pleas to conspiracy to act as an unregistered agent of a foreign country, U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood immediately sentenced them to time served, The Associated Press reported. All were ordered deported and were expected to be sent back to Russia Thursday night.

An 11th defendant remained a fugitive after fleeing following his release on bail in Cyprus.

In exchange, Wood announced that the Russian government would release four people to the U.S.

But earlier Thursday, imprisoned nuclear researcher Igor Sutyagin told his brother in Moscow that he had been abruptly transferred to Lefortovo prison from a penal colony in the far northeastern region of the country near the Arctic Circle, the Associated Press said. Sutyagin, serving 14 years for allegedly spying for the U.S., had reportedly seen a list of other prisoners who might be part of an exchange. The Washington Post said Sutyagin, who has been in prison for 11 years, was even issued a passport.

If you really think Russia is going to go back on their deal and not give us the four spies, you are really whacked out of your mind.

That remains to be seen. The Russians pardoned those in question. If they actually reach the US that is not assured.

The reports say that non of these folks are Americans.

Let's not forget that this is hardly an equitable swap. Four for 10.

Also...let's not forget that these folks weren't exactly spies but recruiters. Where are all the folks they recruited. None of the 10 had access to sensitive materials....so what is the damage here if any?

Seems these folks were light-weights just acting as facilitators.

So we traded 10 recruiters supposedly for four spies? Even better.

Russian Spies Plead Guilty, Will Be Sent Home In Swap With U.S.

After the defendants entered their pleas to conspiracy to act as an unregistered agent of a foreign country, U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood immediately sentenced them to time served, The Associated Press reported. All were ordered deported and were expected to be sent back to Russia Thursday night.

An 11th defendant remained a fugitive after fleeing following his release on bail in Cyprus.

In exchange, Wood announced that the Russian government would release four people to the U.S.

But earlier Thursday, imprisoned nuclear researcher Igor Sutyagin told his brother in Moscow that he had been abruptly transferred to Lefortovo prison from a penal colony in the far northeastern region of the country near the Arctic Circle, the Associated Press said. Sutyagin, serving 14 years for allegedly spying for the U.S., had reportedly seen a list of other prisoners who might be part of an exchange. The Washington Post said Sutyagin, who has been in prison for 11 years, was even issued a passport.

If you really think Russia is going to go back on their deal and not give us the four spies, you are really whacked out of your mind.

And if you believe ether Obama or the Russians you're a glutton for punishment.

I've seen enough over the years never to trust ether.

And to top it off Igor isn't a US citizen.

Why do we want him?

Last edited:
And if you believe ether Obama or the Russians you're a glutton for punishment.

I've seen enough over the years never to trust ether.

You've seen things, huh man? You've seen some things? What's next? Going to tell me that they're not going to send them back and it was all a mirage on Russia's part? I've tried to impart some sense into you, but I should of realized it was a failed venture from the start considering your OP including your thinking that Obama wants America to fail.

You probably agree with the World Net Daily and think he's some Atheist Muslim Soviet spy.

Jesus Dog....you accept all of this crap never questioning anything.

You accept this as business as usual.

Sorry...but I don't trust as quickly as you do.

Forum List

Back