Russian Ruble collapses

Libtards are so fucking stupid when it comes to this topic, they make conservatives feel like we are Putin on the Ritz or something.

putin_on_the_ritz.jpg

Save that picture of your Stud, Poootin, for Frank, will you. You can keep your framed glossy on the wall.....:banana:....Comrade.

I'm not on Obama's/the banksters side necessarily. What I don't like is the glee with which the Repub-voters talking-heads in the communications arm of the GOP (AKA- Fox) jumped on Pootie Poot's bandwagon once they saw that they MIGHT be able to score cheap political points against our proud, two-term, Democrat, African american President.

Then it blew up in their faces :rofl: fox still singing Pootie Poot's praises on Fox & Friends? :eusa_think:

Sad, sad, SAD!!!
You watch fox and friends? HahahahA. What a loser.

Its either Fox and Friends or the Cartoon Network....pretty much the same. :biggrin:

I'm not on Obama's/the banksters side necessarily. What I don't like is the glee with which the Repub-voters talking-heads in the communications arm of the GOP (AKA- Fox) jumped on Pootie Poot's bandwagon once they saw that they MIGHT be able to score cheap political points against our proud, two-term, Democrat, African american President.

Then it blew up in their faces :rofl: fox still singing Pootie Poot's praises on Fox & Friends? :eusa_think:

Sad, sad, SAD!!!

Its either Fox and Friends or the Cartoon Network....pretty much the same. :biggrin:

And evidently both are about your speed. :lmao:

Sad, sad, SAD!!!

And evidently both are about your speed. :lmao:

Don't watch either Chief, but your IQ appears to point you to the latter....:badgrin:

China is a powder keg waiting for a match. Too many people, too much pollution, too much corruption, too little education , no sense of ethics and too many bubbles created artificially by central planning.

Their income per capita is $6,900, compared to $10,000 for a Mexican. And they can't hold that wage down, which will ultimately make them less appealing as a sweat shop venue. Manufacturing will ultimately go elsewhere. And that includes more US companies building stuff in the USA, which has downward pressure on wages and the cheapest energy.

A lot of the world is going down in flames, but not Russia and not the US.

The world gets catastrophic pneumonia and we get a cold. That's okay, a cold is quickly shed. Russians get the flu and they don't even notice because they're too drunk or hungover, and Putin rolls on.

I'd bet on China before I'd bet on Russia.

Russia should be a lot more than just the petro-kleptocracy that it has become.

The silver lining in this ruble crisis is that it will force Russia to boost its domestic economy. The ruble is so weak that imports have become prohibitively expensive. That's an instant stimulus to wheat farmers who sell wheat to fellow Russians, and go down the list with every other product.

The key to success for many countries might involve decoupling from globalism. It's certainly something America needs to do, in my opinion- make more stuff in the USA and close our trade deficit.

If the '90s and '00s were the decades of globalism, the next 2 decades might be ones of decoupling. Neo- mercantilism is the wrong word. Economic patriotism/nationalism?

Russia is being forced into decoupling. They'll weather the storm. But any serious weakening of China's export economy would spell total disaster.

The Great Firewall of China is cracking. You can't keep Google out forever. It's the same old story, except instead of Mongols or opium (Opium Wars), it's going to be Twitter and Netflix.

"'Saudi oil policy… has been subject to a great deal of wild and inaccurate conjecture in recent weeks. We do not seek to politicize oil… For us it’s a question of supply and demand, it’s purely business.'

– Ali al Naimi, Saudi Oil Minister

“'There is no conspiracy, there is no targeting of anyone. This is a market and it goes up and down.'

– Suhail Bin Mohammed al-Mazroui, United Arab Emirates’ petroleum minister

“'We all see the lowering of oil prices. There’s lots of talk about what’s causing it. Could it be an agreement between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia to punish Iran and affect the economies of Russia and Venezuela? It could.'”

Could it?

Irreversible Decline CounterPunch Tells the Facts Names the Names

"'Saudi oil policy… has been subject to a great deal of wild and inaccurate conjecture in recent weeks. We do not seek to politicize oil… For us it’s a question of supply and demand, it’s purely business.'

– Ali al Naimi, Saudi Oil Minister

“'There is no conspiracy, there is no targeting of anyone. This is a market and it goes up and down.'

– Suhail Bin Mohammed al-Mazroui, United Arab Emirates’ petroleum minister

“'We all see the lowering of oil prices. There’s lots of talk about what’s causing it. Could it be an agreement between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia to punish Iran and affect the economies of Russia and Venezuela? It could.'”

Could it?

Don't let the Obama hater dupes read this. It will make their heads explode. Frank is desperate to bury it.

Putin: I inherited the collapse from my predecessor
"It happened again in 1986, when Saudi Arabia-led OPEC allowed prices to drop precipitously, and then in 1990, when the Saudis sent prices plummeting as a way of taking out Russia, which was seen as a threat to their oil supremacy. In 1998, they succeeded. When the oil price was halved from $25 to $12, Russia defaulted on its debt."

So what happens if Putin decides to strike the Saudis?

really difficult for him not to smart guy given that he's had journalists thrown out windows before. Come on. Smarten up there guy if you are able.

I'm not going off of stories from Pravda. My data comes from western scholars. Putin's approval rating went from 64% to 87% after the Crimea takeover. It has since dropped to 81%. It seems his gains are most significant among young people and those who didn't vote for him in 2012.

Explaining Putin 8217 s popularity Rallying round the Russian flag - The Washington Post

When the ruble recovers, this will only strengthen Putin's stature as the Bear who stood up to Western hegemony (from a Russian's perspective )...

I agree that Pravda is the source of choice of the desperate but disagree on Putin's fate. He will survive but the ruble will not recover without help from the West and that won't be coming until Russia quits Ukraine.

Ukraine is a basket case. For Russia to fully invade Ukraine would be self-destructive, like me buying a fixer-upper 2nd house when I can barely afford the mortgage on this one.
Putin won't assert any more domination of Ukraine, by his own volition.

Whatever Ukraine may be is irrelevant. Putin is attempting to reestablish Soviet-style hegemony in Eastern Europe to counterbalance Western popularity there. This is strictly a show of who is boss and Russia's inability to save the ruble is a sure sign they are losing. Look for a graceful exit from Ukraine by Russia in exchange for IMF help very soon.

Putin needs a Mediterranean port. He lost Syria, but gained Crimea. Now he has access to the Med thru the Black Sea. He doesn't need a babysitting job , nation building in Ukraine. He's done with the imperialism game. And he doesn't need the IMF, in my humble opinion.

They didn't loose the Port at Tartus, Syria. It is still manned by Russian civilians and there is a small contingent of Navy and Marine assets there. They pulled out their Med flotilla of 14 ships when the US Navy crowded them out during the Red Line crisis. The port however is operational and available for future use. No matter who gets control of Syria, Russia should have no difficulty retaining the Tartus Port.
Sevastopol in Crimea is a confusing situation. Moscow had a agreement to maintain it's Sevastopol port until 2042 with an option for an additional 5 year renewal and negotiations for future use beyond 2047. What is somewhat confusing is that Ukraine could not possibly join NATO as long as the Russian port was maintained at Sevastopol. A NATO nation is forbidden from maintaining a foreign military base or port within it's borders. Ukraine would not be allowed into NATO until sometime after 2047.
Another thing about the Black Sea port, it is dependent on Turkey to exit the Black Sea and enter the Mediterranean. It and it's ships in the Black Sea are also extremely vulnerable to NATO surveillance and attack from NATO air assets.

cost of crude still falling pubdupes :lol: What is it? 60% of Vlad's economy based upon it? :eusa_whistle:

Indeed Dottie and those who for decades have set the price of oil (OPEC) by constricting supply are suddenly chocking on their oil. Meanwhile non-oil producing nations and those whose economies are less dependent on oil revenues are getting a fine boost from cheaper oil.
Thing is, I've seen posters from both the right and left who find something to whine about our sudden energy independence and the all the fringe bennys.
I guess haters gotta hate.

If the future is characterized by a new Cold War, where the West blockades Russia from financing, why would the Russian government care about defaulting on their debts?

Putin just signed a new law that creates a duplicate cashless payment system to Visa and MasterCard, which have been processing 90% of cashless payments in Russia. They're developing their own credit companies, in response to recent actions by American companies.

All of our actions are forcing Russia to become more self-reliant. In the long run, that might be a good thing for Russia.

Like the Russian polity has never been through tough times. It wasn't that long ago that they were all slaves, living in a marxist terror state. God bless Ronald Reagan.
While you're a useful idiot living in a capitalist terror state built on the backs of African slaves.

African slaves built New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles? I had no idea that they did that.

WWIII on it's way as ordered by the far left!!!
Sanctions work. The Conservatives here in America never saw an opportunity to cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war. And now Conservatives are worried about military action? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If sanctions work, we have no fear that Iran will develop a nuclear bomb. Is that correct?

WWIII on it's way as ordered by the far left!!!
Sanctions work. The Conservatives here in America never saw an opportunity to cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war. And now Conservatives are worried about military action? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If sanctions work, we have no fear that Iran will develop a nuclear bomb. Is that correct?
No. But there is more to international relationships than the Fourth Armored Division.

Foreign policy is the province of the Department of State, not exclusively the Pentagon.

Forum List

Back