Russian Ruble collapses

Russia would be wise to start building infrastructure, funding science and r&d....Grow your economy away from oil.

Build 40gw of solar and wind power!

Look at the awesome economy china has.

Great point.......a point that every economist worth their salt has said. But they didn't, so therefore they have to pivot to China. And, China knows that they are next, if US/EU/ NATO backed western central bankers crash Russia.

Russia would be wise to start building infrastructure, funding science and r&d....Grow your economy and move away from oil.

China's day is coming....

China s ghost cities and shopping malls 14 million empty housing units in the U.S. while China may have up to 64 million empty apartments. GDP is only as good as the quality behind the financial numbers. China real estate bubble.

Chinas day is coming for exactly what? (Please be specific, cuz u said it)
They bought alot of our debt.

Russia would be wise to start building infrastructure, funding science and r&d....Grow your economy and move away from oil.

China s ghost cities and shopping malls 14 million empty housing units in the U.S. while China may have up to 64 million empty apartments. GDP is only as good as the quality behind the financial numbers. China real estate bubble.

The RE bubble will burst, but unfortuntely, it will take the US down with it.

Wait, do I hear a note of admiration for China now.

MY HEAVENS! First Russia, then North Korea, and now China! What communist country are you going to drool over next?

The RE bubble will burst, but unfortuntely, it will take the US down with it.

Wait, do I hear a note of admiration for China now.

MY HEAVENS! First Russia, then North Korea, and now China! What communist country are you going to drool over next?

If China cashes our UST's in, we're f'ed! They are not about to do that anytime soon, due to trade. It has nothing to do with national allegiances, but everything to do with western central banker miscalculations, as they control the current global shitshow........until they don't.

Putin: ruble collapse is Bush's fault
ummm..... no it collapsed because he pulled a "Bush" by invading another country thinking he didn't need foreign banks to run his oil export- based, econ until Obama proved that he did by yanking the rug out from under Pootie Poot :rofl:

Nice try though Frank :thup:

I believe Frank was being facetious (poking Putin in da eye) and much to my surprise, when lucid and logical you can reason. You should skip the silly ideological posts and judge situations on merit more often. BTW, Obama neither found nor drilled nor pumped a drop of the American shale that has brought many oil-producing countries to their economic knees.
Nice try though, Dottie.
:yawn: Frank1400PennAve is ALWAYS facetious. Where you been?

Fox/GOP TV AND the resident eXtemist rw wing faction of this board (which is most of them :D ) has been fluffing Pootie Poot for 6 months before Obama put a coalition together to limit Poot's int'l banking abilities bringing his currency valuation down by 20%.

No need for lectures on a topic you seem to need to bone-up on yourself :thup:

You're right back to the silly ideological routine I see.
Oh well ... I can lead the jackass to water but can't make her drink. :itsok:

Putin has an 81% approval rating. I agree, he's in no hurry.

All I'm saying is that you have to judge Putin's position through the eyes of a vodka swilling Russian, not through the eyes of a comic book movie watching, Captain Crunch eating American.
really difficult for him not to smart guy given that he's had journalists thrown out windows before. Come on. Smarten up there guy if you are able.

I'm not going off of stories from Pravda. My data comes from western scholars. Putin's approval rating went from 64% to 87% after the Crimea takeover. It has since dropped to 81%. It seems his gains are most significant among young people and those who didn't vote for him in 2012.

Explaining Putin 8217 s popularity Rallying round the Russian flag - The Washington Post

When the ruble recovers, this will only strengthen Putin's stature as the Bear who stood up to Western hegemony (from a Russian's perspective ).

You've failed to understand this basic reality, so Im just helping you out, smart guy, errr girl... whatever you are.

China is a powder keg waiting for a match. Too many people, too much pollution, too much corruption, too little education , no sense of ethics and too many bubbles created artificially by central planning.

Their income per capita is $6,900, compared to $10,000 for a Mexican. And they can't hold that wage down, which will ultimately make them less appealing as a sweat shop venue. Manufacturing will ultimately go elsewhere. And that includes more US companies building stuff in the USA, which has downward pressure on wages and the cheapest energy.

A lot of the world is going down in flames, but not Russia and not the US.

The world gets catastrophic pneumonia and we get a cold. That's okay, a cold is quickly shed. Russians get the flu and they don't even notice because they're too drunk or hungover, and Putin rolls on.

All I'm saying is that you have to judge Putin's position through the eyes of a vodka swilling Russian, not through the eyes of a comic book movie watching, Captain Crunch eating American.
really difficult for him not to smart guy given that he's had journalists thrown out windows before. Come on. Smarten up there guy if you are able.

I'm not going off of stories from Pravda. My data comes from western scholars. Putin's approval rating went from 64% to 87% after the Crimea takeover. It has since dropped to 81%. It seems his gains are most significant among young people and those who didn't vote for him in 2012.

Explaining Putin 8217 s popularity Rallying round the Russian flag - The Washington Post

When the ruble recovers, this will only strengthen Putin's stature as the Bear who stood up to Western hegemony (from a Russian's perspective )...

I agree that Pravda is the source of the desperate but disagree on Putin's fate. He will survive but the ruble will not recover without help from the West and that won't be coming until Russia quits Ukraine.

If the far right had been in charge, yeah, the ruble would have collapsed because they are dipshits like their hero, Putin, for they would have pegged it to the oil industry.

Buncha fools.

When the ruble recovers, this will only strengthen Putin's stature as the Bear who stood up to Western hegemony (from a Russian's perspective )...

I agree that Pravda is the source of the desperate but disagree on Putin's fate. He will survive but the ruble will not recover without help from the West and that won't be coming until Russia quits Ukraine.
Ukraine is a basket case. For Russia to fully invade Ukraine would be self-destructive, like me buying a fixer-upper 2nd house when I can barely afford the mortgage on this one.
Putin won't assert any more domination of Ukraine, by his own volition.

I'm not on Obama's/the banksters side necessarily. What I don't like is the glee with which the Repub-voters talking-heads in the communications arm of the GOP (AKA- Fox) jumped on Pootie Poot's bandwagon once they saw that they MIGHT be able to score cheap political points against our proud, two-term, Democrat, African american President.

Then it blew up in their faces :rofl: fox still singing Pootie Poot's praises on Fox & Friends? :eusa_think:

Sad, sad, SAD!!!

That never happened, shit-4-brains.

Oh it did happen over and over. The GOP will happily turn their back on the first black US President to support a modern day Hitler, whose real agenda is to reassemble to old USSR. Here are just a few examples.

Fox News Contributor Says Obama s Frightened And Praises Putin As A Real Leader

Republicans Have Found Their Dream Leader and His Name Is Vladimir Putin

Fox News Host Says She Wants Putin To Be Our Leader To Get Things Done Right Video

You want more?

That is such pathetic bullshit. Fox has all kinds of contributors, so those contributors speak only for themselves not FOX. And in context these hosts have said that these various foreign leaders handle foreign policy better than Obama and they do. Obama has the worst foreign polices this nation has ever seen. They were not saying that they would want to trade Obama for a Russian dictator in every respect, but you ignore that context so you can slam on FOX.

By comparison to all the lies and insults directed by the left toward Bush, Obama is still in a honeymoon phase.

Show me one America conservative who has portrayed Obama as an ape as the left portrayed Bush for 8 years. You leftists are such bleeding hypocrits, using every slam, insult and absurd comparison to attack conservatives then whine like little bitches when you get one tenth of the same shit thrown back at you.

You really think FOX would allow commentary to air that they did not agree with? .

Yes, you stupid fuckhead, they do it all the time.

Good God, shut the fuck up.

If the far right had been in charge, yeah, the ruble would have collapsed because they are dipshits like their hero, Putin, for they would have pegged it to the oil industry.

Buncha fools.

There you go with your stupid, ignorant lies, Jake the Fake Cocksucky.

Conservatives do not call for a USD based on petro but on precious metals, dipshit whore.

I'm not on Obama's/the banksters side necessarily. What I don't like is the glee with which the Repub-voters talking-heads in the communications arm of the GOP (AKA- Fox) jumped on Pootie Poot's bandwagon once they saw that they MIGHT be able to score cheap political points against our proud, two-term, Democrat, African american President.

Then it blew up in their faces :rofl: fox still singing Pootie Poot's praises on Fox & Friends? :eusa_think:

Sad, sad, SAD!!!

Oh it did happen over and over. The GOP will happily turn their back on the first black US President to support a modern day Hitler, whose real agenda is to reassemble to old USSR. Here are just a few examples.

Fox News Host Says She Wants Putin To Be Our Leader To Get Things Done Right Video

You want more?

That is such pathetic bullshit. Fox has all kinds of contributors, so those contributors speak only for themselves not FOX. And in context these hosts have said that these various foreign leaders handle foreign policy better than Obama and they do. Obama has the worst foreign polices this nation has ever seen. They were not saying that they would want to trade Obama for a Russian dictator in every respect, but you ignore that context so you can slam on FOX.

By comparison to all the lies and insults directed by the left toward Bush, Obama is still in a honeymoon phase.

Show me one America conservative who has portrayed Obama as an ape as the left portrayed Bush for 8 years. You leftists are such bleeding hypocrits, using every slam, insult and absurd comparison to attack conservatives then whine like little bitches when you get one tenth of the same shit thrown back at you.

You really think FOX would allow commentary to air that they did not agree with? Nope, they loved Pootin and his supporters. Murdoch probably has an 8x10 glossy autographed by Pootie.
yep. EVERY school child knows that Roger Ailes (used to work for Nixon BTw) at Fox has to OK EVERY word said on their *cough* "news" or opinion pieces. JimCrowie needs to stop acting dumb or is he claiming to be oblivious to what was trumpeted on his channel for 3-6 months straight?

Pull your head out of your ass, fool and breathe some fresh air why don't ya?

Libtards are so fucking stupid when it comes to this topic, they make conservatives feel like we are Putin on the Ritz or something.

putin_on_the_ritz.jpg

Sad, sad, SAD!!!
You watch fox and friends? HahahahA. What a loser.

I agree that Pravda is the source of choice of the desperate but disagree on Putin's fate. He will survive but the ruble will not recover without help from the West and that won't be coming until Russia quits Ukraine.

Ukraine is a basket case. For Russia to fully invade Ukraine would be self-destructive, like me buying a fixer-upper 2nd house when I can barely afford the mortgage on this one.

Whatever Ukraine may be is irrelevant. Putin is attempting to reestablish Soviet-style hegemony in Eastern Europe to counterbalance Western popularity there. This is strictly a show of who is boss and Russia's inability to save the ruble is a sure sign they are losing. Look for a graceful exit from Ukraine by Russia in exchange for IMF help very soon.

You want more?

You really think FOX would allow commentary to air that they did not agree with? Nope, they loved Pootin and his supporters. Murdoch probably has an 8x10 glossy autographed by Pootie.
yep. EVERY school child knows that Roger Ailes (used to work for Nixon BTw) at Fox has to OK EVERY word said on their *cough* "news" or opinion pieces. JimCrowie needs to stop acting dumb or is he claiming to be oblivious to what was trumpeted on his channel for 3-6 months straight?

Pull your head out of your ass, fool and breathe some fresh air why don't ya?
so ad homs all you got JimCrowie? 'twas ever thus :boohoo:

Sad, sad, SAD!!!
You watch fox and friends? HahahahA. What a loser.
ummm..... no :eusa_eh: Thanks for sharing n00b :thup:

I agree that Pravda is the source of choice of the desperate but disagree on Putin's fate. He will survive but the ruble will not recover without help from the West and that won't be coming until Russia quits Ukraine.

Whatever Ukraine may be is irrelevant. Putin is attempting to reestablish Soviet-style hegemony in Eastern Europe to counterbalance Western popularity there. This is strictly a show of who is boss and Russia's inability to save the ruble is a sure sign they are losing. Look for a graceful exit from Ukraine by Russia in exchange for IMF help very soon.

Putin needs a Mediterranean port. He lost Syria, but gained Crimea. Now he has access to the Med thru the Black Sea. He doesn't need a babysitting job , nation building in Ukraine. He's done with the imperialism game. And he doesn't need the IMF, in my humble opinion.

China is a powder keg waiting for a match. Too many people, too much pollution, too much corruption, too little education , no sense of ethics and too many bubbles created artificially by central planning.

Their income per capita is $6,900, compared to $10,000 for a Mexican. And they can't hold that wage down, which will ultimately make them less appealing as a sweat shop venue. Manufacturing will ultimately go elsewhere. And that includes more US companies building stuff in the USA, which has downward pressure on wages and the cheapest energy.

A lot of the world is going down in flames, but not Russia and not the US.

The world gets catastrophic pneumonia and we get a cold. That's okay, a cold is quickly shed. Russians get the flu and they don't even notice because they're too drunk or hungover, and Putin rolls on.

I'd bet on China before I'd bet on Russia.

Russia should be a lot more than just the petro-kleptocracy that it has become.

Forum List

Back