Russian Nuclear Threat to Poland?

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Moscow lashed out at Washington and Warsaw on Friday, saying the plan to site a US anti-missile defence shield in Poland would undermine the global balance of power and put Poland at risk of nuclear attack.

Washington and Warsaw reached a preliminary agreement on Thursday to build part of the missile defence shield in Poland, station US Patriot missiles there and bolster the two countries’ military co-operation.

The US claims the shield in Poland, as well as a radar tracking base to be located in the Czech Republic, is designed to defend against “rogue states” such as Iran.

FT.com / World - Missile shield accord draws Russian fire

*facepalm*

Gee ... didn't see that one coming ... way to go W.

Which means what? What problem could Russia possibly have with a defense system? Other than the fact it hampers their ability to do EXACTLY what they're doing in Georgia.

Problem being the rhetoric coming from the White House and the timing of the deal.

What do you think we'd do if tomorrow the Russians place a missile defense system back in Cuba?

This is unnecessary escalation and provocation from Washington.

What else is new ?

I said "they reacted to us" ... to which you responded "with a threat?" ... as if we didn't threaten them in the first place with this deal ... and now your projecting "yeah, it was a threat ... so what ..." with the whole "what else is new" remark ... it's kind of hard to understand where you are coming from here ... as you seem to be talking from both sides of your mouth.

Once again you dumb shit a DEFENSIVE shield is NO threat. It does not increase the Polish military, it does not give them new and better OFFENSIVE weapons, it does not do anything except PROTECT the country from a sudden nuclear attack.

This is like the County claiming the city is threatening it by buying more police cars.

Once again you dumb shit a DEFENSIVE shield is NO threat. It does not increase the Polish military, it does not give them new and better OFFENSIVE weapons, it does not do anything except PROTECT the country from a sudden nuclear attack.

This is like the County claiming the city is threatening it by buying more police cars.

If it's not a threat then why are the Russians reacting like it is one?

It's all about perception ...

They reacted to us ...

This whole game is about acting and reacting. Whether people like it or not, the world is a competative place. The winners are better off than the losers. Americans are lucky so far but if we sit on our asses and think no one is after what we have, we won't have it anymore.

Because the Russians have plans for Poland that INCLUDE using military might. They are more then willing to threaten nuclear war just as they were willing to invade Georgia.

It is not perception it is intent to force Poland to do their bidding by any means they can get away with.

I further suggest that Poland only finally inked the deal BECAUSE of Georgia.

You are an idiot. Why do we need to make Poland an American military garrison? Profits for the military industrial complex maybe?

Poland is accepting American presence. It makes an attack like the one on Georgia a WHOLE lot more difficult. They are now less likely to try it. Stratergy in action.

Poland is accepting American presence. It makes an attack like the one on Georgia a WHOLE lot more difficult. They are now less likely to try it. Stratergy in action.

I understand the idea behind it ... I just see it as going back to the Cold War mentality ... "we don't trust you" so we are going to take measures to show our distrust ... Russia reacts ... we counteract ... and pretty soon high school kids are under their desks for nuclear war drills again.

Because the Russians have plans for Poland that INCLUDE using military might. They are more then willing to threaten nuclear war just as they were willing to invade Georgia.

It is not perception it is intent to force Poland to do their bidding by any means they can get away with.

I further suggest that Poland only finally inked the deal BECAUSE of Georgia.

It is perception ... it's proven by the Russian reaction ... we are escalating ... falling right back into the old way of doing things.

I understand the idea behind it ... I just see it as going back to the Cold War mentality ... "we don't trust you" so we are going to take measures to show our distrust ... Russia reacts ... we counteract ... and pretty soon high school kids are under their desks for nuclear war drills again.

naaaa--we know it's all ove when the nukes fly so we don't even bother. Denial works like a charm for so many.

naaaa--we know it's all ove when the nukes fly so we don't even bother. Denial works like a charm for so many.

You mean the 1 1/2" plastic and wood composite desks wont protect people from a nuclear fallout ... damn ... I need to rethink what material to use for my siding now ...

You mean the 1 1/2" plastic and wood composite desks wont protect people from a nuclear fallout ... damn ... I need to rethink what material to use for my siding now ...

Ya cause Putin is to stupid to know he loses in an all out Nuclear war, too. It is not about nukes at all, it is about forcing Poland to do what Putin wants. A shield restricts his ability to bring pressure to bear because it includes US troops in country. He can not just roll his tanks into Poland then like he did in Georgia.

Forum List

Back