Russian fighter jet shot down in Syria's Idlib province

The body of the pilot was taken to Moscow.
Any death is a tragedy but soldiers should not be fighting in a foreign country. Foreign military assistance should not include combat troops or pilots. If the locals can't defend themselves without foreign combat soldiers, sailors, or pilots, maybe they don't have the legitimacy to exist?

If the locals can't defend themselves without foreign combat soldiers, sailors, or pilots, maybe they don't have the legitimacy to exist?

Are you for the victory of radical Islamists? I'm against. I do not want to have terrorist acts in my city.

Let me remind you what the situation in Syria looked like, before Russia entered this war.

d710e80cba7b2888c46b9c63903e9f1b[1].png

If the locals can't defend themselves without foreign combat soldiers, sailors, or pilots, maybe they don't have the legitimacy to exist?

Are you for the victory of radical Islamists? I'm against. I do not want to have terrorist acts in my city.

Let me remind you what the situation in Syria looked like, before Russia entered this war.

View attachment 175172
As I recall, initially the opposition were secular. They were defeated by Assad and replaced by radical Islamists. Still, not all the opposition are radical Islamists and of those that are I'd bet a good number would be content not to export it beyond Syria. If Assad is not in control of the country he needs to share power with the other powers that are there. Helping him militarily is not the long-term solution.

View attachment 175172
As I recall, initially the opposition were secular. They were defeated by Assad and replaced by radical Islamists. Still, not all the opposition are radical Islamists and of those that are I'd bet a good number would be content not to export it beyond Syria. If Assad is not in control of the country he needs to share power with the other powers that are there. Helping him militarily is not the long-term solution.
What ever the opposition was does not affect the legitimacy of the government. And the opposition was never secular. Helping Syria to defeat what our regimes call opposition and democratic rebels is the duty of the international community.
All the killing in Syria, all the attacks in Europe and America are the result of our regimes´ agendas. They are planned and you are the pawn to be sacrificed. Without defeating of terrorism, it would only become worse. Want to celebrate?

As I recall, initially the opposition were secular. They were defeated by Assad and replaced by radical Islamists.

The uprising in Syria was provoked by the Arab spring. Which was then led by Islamists. And it must be remembered that any uprisings in the Bly East at this time led to an expansion of the influence of Islamists.

Still, not all the opposition are radical Islamists

First, the map above shows not just Islamists. And specifically ISIS. I placed a map for this illustration. ISIS was in fact a real state, occupying most of Syria. Secondly, if you have begun to talk about this, most of the Syrian opposition is radical Islamists. Not all, but most.

As I recall, initially the opposition were secular. They were defeated by Assad and replaced by radical Islamists.

The uprising in Syria was provoked by the Arab spring. Which was then led by Islamists. And it must be remembered that any uprisings in the Bly East at this time led to an expansion of the influence of Islamists.

Still, not all the opposition are radical Islamists

First, the map above shows not just Islamists. And specifically ISIS. I placed a map for this illustration. ISIS was in fact a real state, occupying most of Syria. Secondly, if you have begun to talk about this, most of the Syrian opposition is radical Islamists. Not all, but most.
As I recall the Arab Spring was a political movement first. Certainly Muslims were central to it but only a small percentage of Muslims support violence.

As I recall the Arab Spring was a political movement first. Certainly Muslims were central to it but only a small percentage of Muslims support violence.

Yes, this movement began as a political movement. But very quickly they were used by Islamic radicals. And it came to Syria in a radical Islamist kind.

Drawing conclusions on the new photos, the pilot, however, landed alive, until the last led the fight and then blew himself up with a grenade to avoid being captured by the Islamists.

View attachment 174785
Russian officers wrote a small poem dedicated to the SU-25 pilot Roman Filippov, downed in Syria on Saturday. He landed on a terrorist controlled area, shot several terrorists and then blew himself up with the grenade when they surrounded him.

Горит на склоне сбитый 25-й,
Осколок Родины среди Сирийских скал.
3 магазина, опояс граната –
И это весь мой грозный арсенал.
Вот и настал черёд моей гранаты:
Обратно в небо, Родина, прощай...

I tried to translate:
My downed 25th is burning on the slope,
A shard of my Motherland among Syrian rocks.
3 stores of ammunition and a grenade on my belt–
Is my whole formidable arsenal.
Here comes the turn for my grenade:
Back to the skies, good-bye, my Motherland…

RIP, dear Russian hero Roman, on the Earth we will be praying about your soul.

Interesting insider information surfaced. I do not know how reliable it is, but it can explain how it was possible to get the body of a pilot so quickly. Usually negotiations go much longer.

1. After Russia asked Turkey to help with the return of Filipov's body to Russia, the fighters of An-Nusra began to prepare for trade, with the purpose of exchanging Filipov's body for several of his accomplices in Asad who, in the interests of Russia, can free some number of fighters for body exchange.

2. But the unforeseen happened. Another group (called "Fallah al-Sham") stole Filipov's body from An-Nusra and handed it over to the Turks, who in turn gave it to Russia. According to the statements of An-Nusra, the body was returned "free of charge" and without any benefit to the "defenders of Idlib".

3. The leadership of "An-Nusra" promises to punish all those involved in this betrayal, and first of all the agents of Turkey, who betrayed the cause of jihad, choosing the side of Turkey, and not the faithful Muslims.

On February 3, the terrorists used a man-portable air defense system to down a Russian Sukhoi Su-25 fighter jet, which was conducting a survey flight over Syria’s Idlib de-escalation zone.

MOSCOW, February 8. A test is underway to identify the manufacturer of the man-portable air defense system that was used to down Russia’s Sukhoi Su-25 jet in Syria, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova told reporters on Thursday.

Zakharova added that such weapons could not fall into the hands of terrorists "unless they had serious foreign support."
Diplomat vows to identify manufacturer of weapon that downed Russian jet in Syria

Meanwhile Russian Defense Minister and General of the Army Sergey Shoigu and other high-ranking defense officials paid their last respects to Roman Filipov, the heroic pilot who gave his life fighting terrorists in Syria, at the Chkalovsky Airfield in the Moscow Region. An Il-76 carrying the body of the pilot set off for Voronezh.
http://tass.com/defense/989014

upload_2018-2-8_7-23-45.png

Forum List

Back