Russian colonel: ‘Syrian Army has known no military victories’

Can you see this hag contradicting herself? She thinks we are very dumb and would not notice she´s a Hillary style lying piece of trash...

captain blei-------try to focus------your mother-in-law is not HERE
What?

the hag
I`ve got no mother.

I bounce da hag in her shack. She screams for more but goes off-shore. Concrete shoes for all my foes. Heavy weight prevents the hag´s flight.

Oh, what am I poetic today :)

I am not familiar with Baathist poetry------but I did read a bit
of Kafka---LONG AGO------
Did you read Grass´ poem?
Gunter Grass's Controversial Poem About Israel, Iran, and War, Translated

Can you see this hag contradicting herself? She thinks we are very dumb and would not notice she´s a Hillary style lying piece of trash...

What?

the hag
I`ve got no mother.

I bounce da hag in her shack. She screams for more but goes off-shore. Concrete shoes for all my foes. Heavy weight prevents the hag´s flight.

Franz, german?

What?

the hag
I`ve got no mother.

Franz, german?

I am not sure he was german----he wrote in german. I googled-----he was AUSTRIAN-----jewish. ---quite a neurotic
guy. His writings are gothically bizarre

I`ve got no mother.

Franz, german?

I am not sure he was german----he wrote in german. I googled-----he was AUSTRIAN-----jewish. ---quite a neurotic

My german could fit in a mason jar, a very dusty mason jar

Do schools even teach poetry and global literature any more?

I`ve got no mother.

Franz, german?

My german could fit in a mason jar, a very dusty mason jar

Do schools even teach poetry and global literature any more?

I am old-----they used to. As to my german----it is GONE---I did it when I had to. We read some interesting stuff like some sort of version of FASTUS---and some Kafka-----I passed the final----and that was the end of it. Poetry? American and English. Global literature-----as a kid I read short stories from all over---TRANSLATED into English-------I have no French---
a tiny bit of Spanish-------that's it

correction---that's FAUSTUS not fastus-------sheeesh it's been a long time

How nice, embassy is saying what I have known for years

U.S. Embassy Syria ‏@USEmbassySyria 18m18 minutes ago
Power: Instead of pursuing peace, Russia & Assad make war, attacking aid workers, civilian families, & first responders trying to save lives

U.S. Embassy Syria ‏@USEmbassySyria 10m10 minutes ago
Amb Power: In the first 24 hrs of their assault on eastern #Aleppo, Russia & the regime struck 3 of 4 bases used by @SyriaCivilDef. #Syria

CtOtpHfXYAQ_xfj.jpg

Syrian troops advance in Aleppo amid war’s heaviest bombing: Amid massive airstrike campaign by pro-Assad for...

The real fact is that without constant foreign supply and reinforcements for the "rebels", the war would have been over long ago,

I agree.

Sadly that's not what the Obama Administration wants.

What they wanted from day one...and still want is to depose Assad.

But, they should know by now....It's NOT going to happen.

And that's good news!

The real fact is that without constant foreign supply and reinforcements for the "rebels", the war would have been over long ago,

I agree.

Sadly that's not what the Obama Administration wants.

What they wanted from day one...and still want is to depose Assad.

But, they should know by now....It's NOT going to happen.

And that's good news!
The Russians described the Western calls for ceasefire as tactic to improve the terrorists´ situation and won´t agree to further similar proposals. Yet, they still left a door open for the US to change its mind and honestly work to end this war, which requires to fight terrorism in the first place.

1146992-696x447.jpg

"(TASS) Russia will agree on no further unilateral steps to cease hostilities in Syria after the United States’ tactical tricks that gave terrorist groups time to regroup and reinforce, Russia’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Vitaly Churkin said on Sunday at an extraordinary meeting of the Security Council.

"Requests for ceasefire — now for 48 hours, then for 72 hours — have become a routine practice," he said. "We have always been making concessions, at least tried, and reached agreements with the Syrian government. In the long run, it all ended in militants’ regrouping, receiving reinforcement and staging new offensives."

Then, he said, a demand followed that the Syrian government unilaterally stop flights of its warplanes as a preliminary condition. "First they said for three days. We agreed. Then they said, ‘No, the US president has changed his mind, we need seven days.’ No one knows why. Such tactical tricks cannot go on endlessly. We will agree on no further unilateral steps," he said.

The American side, in his words, "has actually acknowledged its inability to influence the groups it controls and honestly implement the agreements," first of all, to separate moderate groups from terrorists and "draw relevant division lines on the ground."

However he said he doesn’t think the Russia-US agreements could be given up for lost. "I don’t think so, but the situation is extremely difficult. I don’t think it (the deal) is dead," he stressed."
Russia to agree on no further unilateral steps to cease hostilities in Syria

Violent protests spread in Syria

March 26, 2011

"Violent anti-government protests were reported in two Syrian towns on Saturday as security forces struggled to contain the uprising in the Ba’athist state long considered one of the Arab region’s most repressive regimes.

As funerals took place of protesters killed on Friday, Ammar Qurabi, an exile in Egypt who heads Syria’s National Organization for Human Rights, said the Ba’ath party office in the coastal city of Latakia was set on fire after being attacked by dozens of people. He told Reuters that security forces killed two protesters in the town during the day.

Another activist said hundreds of protesters in the town were burning tyres and attacking cars and shops, Associated Press reported.

Reuters quoted unnamed officials as saying that five people had been killed in the violence Latakia, although the news agency did not give a timeframe.

Meanwhile Bouthaina Shaaban, a presidential adviser, said demonstrators set fire to a police station and an office of the ruling party in Tafas, 10km north of the southern city of Deraa, the epicentre of the week’s protests.

Residents told Reuters that mourners for Kamal Baradan, who was killed in Deraa on Friday, were among those attacking the buildings.

A number of funerals reportedly took place in villages around Deraa on Saturday but it is unclear how many people died on Friday. Amnesty International said that 55 people have been killed in Deraa since the start of the protests.

The reported violcence came hours after a thousands-strong demonstration in the town of Douma near Damascus was attacked at around midnight after the electricity was suddenly cut, according to activists.

They reportedly said the protesters were attacked by troops with stick and clubs and that some 200 were arested. None of the reports could not be confrmed.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a local group, said on its website on Saturday that the authorities have freed more than 200 prisoners. Other reports said anywhere between 70 and 260 prisoners had been released.

Although video footage of Friday’s protests, posted on YouTube, showed at least some of the crowds to be small, the spread of unrest in Syria at a time of extraordinary upheaval in the Arab world is the most serious domestic challenge to Bashar al-Assad since he inherited the presidency in 2000.

Over the past week, the protests have been largely confined to the southern town of Deraa and have been harshly met with a crackdown that left dozens of people dead. But on Friday unrest erupted in several other cities across the country of 21m people, as crowds answered a Facebook group call for a march in support of freedom and the victims of Deraa.

“God, Syria and Freedom only,” chanted protesters, vowing to “sacrifice for Deraa”.

Police were accused of shooting at demonstrators in the southern town of Sanamein, where people were seeking to march to Deraa. Residents said 20 people were killed when gunmen opened fire on a crowd outside a building used by military intelligence -- part of an extensive security apparatus that has protected Baath party rule since 1963.

This was disputed by government officials who said protesters shot first and that security forces had killed armed attackers who tried to storm the building.

Regime supporters, who took to the streets in the capital Damascus, were also reported to have clashed with anti-regime demonstrators.

There were reports of many deaths, including in the capital Damascus. A government official confirmed that at least 10 protesters had died, reports BBC, although witnesses said up to 20 people had been killed.

In Washington, a White House spokesman said: “We strongly condemn the Syrian government’s attempts to repress and intimidate demonstrators.”

Nadim Houri, a researcher at New York-based Human Rights Watch, said: “There are cases of violent dispersal of protests [across Syria] including use of live bullets.”

In Deraa, where residents buried their dead, security forces reduced their presence and allowed a march early on Friday. But before the end of the day gunfire could be heard after a statue of the late president Hafez al-Assad, the current leader’s father, was set on fire, residents told human rights activists.

“Syria is at what is rapidly becoming a defining moment for its leadership,” said the International Crisis Group think-tank. “There are only two options. One involves an immediate and inevitably risky political initiative that might convince the Syrian people that the regime is willing to undertake dramatic reform. The other entails escalating repression, which has every chance of leading to a bloody and ignominious end.”

As an ally of Iran and fierce critic of Israel, Syria is a strategic player in Middle East politics and has been pressing for the return of the Golan Heights, occupied by Israel in 1967.

Freedom appeared to be the main demand. But news agencies said demonstrators were also taking aim at Mr Assad’s family. Protesters in Tel, outside Damascus, called the president’s relatives “thieves” and those in Deraa vented anger against Maher al-Assad, the president’s brother who heads the Republican Guard. President Assad leads a minority Alawite regime in a mostly Sunni nation.

Al-Arabiya news channel quoted Muhsin Bilal, Syria’s information minister, as saying: “The situation is completely calm in all parts of the country.”"

Violent protests spread in Syria - FT.com

You can pull up whatever you want, but there were eyewitnesses to these peaceful protests. Perhaps if the police didn't gun the people down, there wouldn't be he mess in Syria that there is now.
Of course, we all know there were also peaceful protests. But they were not gunned down. Instead, their demands were implemented by the government.

However, the ones behind the protests were coordinating with the Nato and the government´s moves were described as "useless". So why demand something and call it useless then?
Syria protests: Bashar al-Assad lifts emergency law - BBC News

In the protests the Islamist proxies of your regime started to fire at protesters and security personell in order to provoke the inevitable government reaction which was and still is presented by media as crackdown on peaceful demonstrators. Clashes were reported by AI, not protests:
State TV says Syrian military starts to leave Daraa

What western media never picked up were pro government rallies. Here, watch some:

Drag up whatever you want. I don't want to waste my time digging up articles of peaceful protesters who witnessed the regime's police firing on people. Many of these articles have been posted previously anyway. By the way, this thread is about the Russian colonel and what he said. I think all reasonable people who are not in love with Assad as you are will agree that if Russia didn't get involved, it would have been bye bye for the Assad regime.

March 26, 2011

"Violent anti-government protests were reported in two Syrian towns on Saturday as security forces struggled to contain the uprising in the Ba’athist state long considered one of the Arab region’s most repressive regimes.

As funerals took place of protesters killed on Friday, Ammar Qurabi, an exile in Egypt who heads Syria’s National Organization for Human Rights, said the Ba’ath party office in the coastal city of Latakia was set on fire after being attacked by dozens of people. He told Reuters that security forces killed two protesters in the town during the day.

Another activist said hundreds of protesters in the town were burning tyres and attacking cars and shops, Associated Press reported.

Reuters quoted unnamed officials as saying that five people had been killed in the violence Latakia, although the news agency did not give a timeframe.

Meanwhile Bouthaina Shaaban, a presidential adviser, said demonstrators set fire to a police station and an office of the ruling party in Tafas, 10km north of the southern city of Deraa, the epicentre of the week’s protests.

Residents told Reuters that mourners for Kamal Baradan, who was killed in Deraa on Friday, were among those attacking the buildings.

A number of funerals reportedly took place in villages around Deraa on Saturday but it is unclear how many people died on Friday. Amnesty International said that 55 people have been killed in Deraa since the start of the protests.

The reported violcence came hours after a thousands-strong demonstration in the town of Douma near Damascus was attacked at around midnight after the electricity was suddenly cut, according to activists.

They reportedly said the protesters were attacked by troops with stick and clubs and that some 200 were arested. None of the reports could not be confrmed.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a local group, said on its website on Saturday that the authorities have freed more than 200 prisoners. Other reports said anywhere between 70 and 260 prisoners had been released.

Although video footage of Friday’s protests, posted on YouTube, showed at least some of the crowds to be small, the spread of unrest in Syria at a time of extraordinary upheaval in the Arab world is the most serious domestic challenge to Bashar al-Assad since he inherited the presidency in 2000.

Over the past week, the protests have been largely confined to the southern town of Deraa and have been harshly met with a crackdown that left dozens of people dead. But on Friday unrest erupted in several other cities across the country of 21m people, as crowds answered a Facebook group call for a march in support of freedom and the victims of Deraa.

“God, Syria and Freedom only,” chanted protesters, vowing to “sacrifice for Deraa”.

Police were accused of shooting at demonstrators in the southern town of Sanamein, where people were seeking to march to Deraa. Residents said 20 people were killed when gunmen opened fire on a crowd outside a building used by military intelligence -- part of an extensive security apparatus that has protected Baath party rule since 1963.

This was disputed by government officials who said protesters shot first and that security forces had killed armed attackers who tried to storm the building.

Regime supporters, who took to the streets in the capital Damascus, were also reported to have clashed with anti-regime demonstrators.

There were reports of many deaths, including in the capital Damascus. A government official confirmed that at least 10 protesters had died, reports BBC, although witnesses said up to 20 people had been killed.

In Washington, a White House spokesman said: “We strongly condemn the Syrian government’s attempts to repress and intimidate demonstrators.”

Nadim Houri, a researcher at New York-based Human Rights Watch, said: “There are cases of violent dispersal of protests [across Syria] including use of live bullets.”

In Deraa, where residents buried their dead, security forces reduced their presence and allowed a march early on Friday. But before the end of the day gunfire could be heard after a statue of the late president Hafez al-Assad, the current leader’s father, was set on fire, residents told human rights activists.

“Syria is at what is rapidly becoming a defining moment for its leadership,” said the International Crisis Group think-tank. “There are only two options. One involves an immediate and inevitably risky political initiative that might convince the Syrian people that the regime is willing to undertake dramatic reform. The other entails escalating repression, which has every chance of leading to a bloody and ignominious end.”

As an ally of Iran and fierce critic of Israel, Syria is a strategic player in Middle East politics and has been pressing for the return of the Golan Heights, occupied by Israel in 1967.

Freedom appeared to be the main demand. But news agencies said demonstrators were also taking aim at Mr Assad’s family. Protesters in Tel, outside Damascus, called the president’s relatives “thieves” and those in Deraa vented anger against Maher al-Assad, the president’s brother who heads the Republican Guard. President Assad leads a minority Alawite regime in a mostly Sunni nation.

Al-Arabiya news channel quoted Muhsin Bilal, Syria’s information minister, as saying: “The situation is completely calm in all parts of the country.”"

You can pull up whatever you want, but there were eyewitnesses to these peaceful protests. Perhaps if the police didn't gun the people down, there wouldn't be he mess in Syria that there is now.
Of course, we all know there were also peaceful protests. But they were not gunned down. Instead, their demands were implemented by the government.

However, the ones behind the protests were coordinating with the Nato and the government´s moves were described as "useless". So why demand something and call it useless then?

In the protests the Islamist proxies of your regime started to fire at protesters and security personell in order to provoke the inevitable government reaction which was and still is presented by media as crackdown on peaceful demonstrators. Clashes were reported by AI, not protests:

What western media never picked up were pro government rallies. Here, watch some:

Drag up whatever you want. I don't want to waste my time digging up articles of peaceful protesters who witnessed the regime's police firing on people. Many of these articles have been posted previously anyway. By the way, this thread is about the Russian colonel and what he said. I think all reasonable people who are not in love with Assad as you are will agree that if Russia didn't get involved, it would have been bye bye for the Assad regime.

Terrorists have announced their soon victory often since 2011 and the Western press and cheerleaders adopted their claims. Still, Assad is in charge.

However, it is very good you admit that the Russians are a powerful and effective force in the war on terror.

March 26, 2011

Terrorists have announced their soon victory often since 2011 and the Western press and cheerleaders adopted their claims. Still, Assad is in charge.

However, it is very good you admit that the Russians are a powerful and effective force in the war on terror.

Russians are not involved in the war on Terrorism----the USA is doing that

March 26, 2011

If the Russians weren't powerful, who knows which country your boyfriend would be begging to take him in. After all, his own Army really hasn't been sucb an effective fighting force with so many men deserting and so many leaving the country because they didn't want to be drafted.

By the way, is this going to be another all-nighter for you while the good people of Germany are getting their sleep?

March 26, 2011

Russians are not involved in the war on Terrorism----the USA is doing that

You're right. Putin is not helping Assad out of the goodness of his heart. He wants to be the major player in the Middle East. However, Assad is very, very lucky because of this.

Syrian military commanders monitoring the fight in Hama from the comfort of their very own UNHCR tent

CtOYXvqXYAAU7sJ.jpg

Forum List

Back