"Russian" boy's WW2 speech to German MPs stirs web anger

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
some want to kill him, this what Putler´s propaganda did to people ...

"
A Russian schoolboy has received online abuse and death threats after suggesting that many German troops who invaded the USSR in World War Two were themselves victims of the conflict.

Teenager Nikolai Desyatnichenko was speaking to German MPs in Berlin. German and Russian schoolchildren had researched stories about war victims.

Some Russian MPs reacted with outrage.

The Kremlin said the criticism was excessive, but suggested re-examining aspects of Russia's education system.

Desyatnichenko said he had learned about a German soldier named Georg Johann Rau, a Wehrmacht corporal who fought in the Battle of Stalingrad and later died in a Soviet prisoner-of-war camp.

"Georg's story and my work on the project touched me," he said, adding that he had started visiting the war graves of German soldiers around the Siberian city of Kopeisk.

"It deeply saddened me, because I saw the graves of people who died innocently, many of whom wanted to live in peace and did not want to go to war."

He spoke of the "unspeakable difficulties" faced by soldiers during the war, and ended his speech to the German parliament by expressing the hope that "common sense will prevail on Earth and the world will never see war again"."Russian boy's WW2 sorrow triggers abuse

Forum List

Back