Russian asbestos has Trump's seal of approval

Mesothelioma is the cancer caused by asbestos exposure. Brake pads and clutch linings have not used asbestos for many years. They are comprised of other elements.

What do you think happened to those tons and tons of asbestos particles that were ground off of the brake linings for decades? Do you seriously think they magically disappeared or something?

Not hardly. The ground around every road, street, and highway in this country is saturated with asbestos particles and fibers, just waiting to be swept up by the wind and carried to all four corners of the country.

How about the asbestos they used in construction? They used it in everything: wiring, appliances, ceiling panels, insulation. How much of that asbestos dust ended scattered across the countryside when those houses were demolished or burned down? Perhaps it wasn't asbestos, but you do know how many people have died prior to the World Trade Center bombings, because of the massive cloud of dust it created, right?

The chances are that with every breath of air you take, you're breathing in not only asbestos fibers, but other things as well: What about all those particles of Strontium-90, Cesium-137, and other radioactive elements that were swept up into the upper atmosphere and blanketed the countryside, during the 1950's and 1960's nuclear weapons tests? Do you seriously think that shit just magically "disappeared" or something? All it takes is one minute speck to lodge deep within your lungs and you've got cancer.
I like your imagination. Not much is true of what you said but I know where the ground fibers from brake shoes go, into my lungs when I was a truck repair man. I also worked construction and worked with transite pipe which is asbestos and cement. You have to machine the ends in the ditch for perfect fit and all the dust goes into the lungs or the ground.

Already a thread on this, same fake pic, and still a lie

A lie-
  • In 2018, EPA proposed a SNUR for certain uses of asbestos that are no longer ongoing. EPA is proposing to ensure that the manufacture, import, or processing for the currently unregulated new uses of asbestos identified in the rule are prohibited unless reviewed and approved by EPA. This proposed SNUR broadens EPA’s 1989 restrictions on asbestos products. In the absence of this proposed rule, the importing or processing of asbestos (including as part of an article) for the significant new uses proposed in this rule may begin at any time, without prior notice to EPA. View the proposed rule.
In addition to the regulatory actions listed above, asbestos is one of the first 10 chemicals EPA is reviewing under amended TSCA. The problem formulation document for asbestos issued in May 2018 focuses the scope of the risk evaluation on those exposure pathways associated with TSCA uses that are not subject to other regulatory regimes where exposures are effectively managed, such as the NESHAP, including current and prospective uses for which manufacture, processing, or distribution in commerce is intended, known or reasonably foreseen. EPA intends to finalize the risk evaluation by December 2019. If through its evaluation EPA determines that any of these conditions of use present unreasonable risks, EPA will take prompt action under the statute to address those risks.

Contact Us to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem.

U.S. Federal Bans on Asbestos | US EPA

Unofficial, of course, because the Trump administration has no jurisdiction in Russia, but Trump did openly say asbestos is safe, and the EPA under Scott Pruitt has supported his viewpoint.

Russian asbestos company puts Trump’s face on product

Russian Asbestos Company Puts Trump's Face, Seal of Approval, on Pallets of Its Products

Russian mining firm puts Trump's face on its asbestos products

trump-product-face.jpg

Forum List

Back