Russia Will ‘React Sharply’ To US Aegis Ships

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
– Deputy PM -- RIA Novosti

MOSCOW, November 12 (RIA Novosti) – Russia will “react in the sharpest manner” to any US ships equipped with the Aegis combat system attempting to sail by its shores, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin told RIA Novosti in an interview.

Rogozin did not elaborate on Russia’s possible reaction, but lambasted the US missile defense system – part of which involves ships equipped with the Aegis integrated naval weapons system – for fuelling “an arms race.”

Russia is developing new S-500 interceptor missiles and does not rule out stationing radar stations outside its territory.

Read more .... Russia will

Anyone beside me notice how this bluster didn't go on BEFORE the election?

:cool:

Every new destroyer and cruiser we've produced since the 80s has had the aegis combat system.

In the first place, that article is nearly 3 months old and no international incident has happened yet.

In the second place, never forget domestic Russian politics.

Thirdly, since Obama switched us from Bushs' land-based antimissile program (which REALLY irritated the Russians) to a sea-based program, there have been no plans to station Aegis ships in Russian waters or not even in the Black Sea.

In short? Much ado about nothing.

MOSCOW, November 12 (RIA Novosti) – Russia will “react in the sharpest manner” to any US ships equipped with the Aegis combat system attempting to sail by its shores, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin told RIA Novosti in an interview.

Rogozin did not elaborate on Russia’s possible reaction, but lambasted the US missile defense system – part of which involves ships equipped with the Aegis integrated naval weapons system – for fuelling “an arms race.”

Russia is developing new S-500 interceptor missiles and does not rule out stationing radar stations outside its territory.

What nerve they have. I tell you the truth is it any wonder the media blacked out the story ( as much as possible ) about the Akula Class Sub Russian that was off the coast of Texas this past July while they were waiting for Obama to sign the EO protecting Russian assets inside USA. Once he signed it the Akula Class Nuclear submarine left the area. People on the beach in Texas were taking photos of the Russian Submarine as it surfaced. We better realize that Russia is getting very close to hitting us now. This is the bully stage. Just wait.

What nerve they have. I tell you the truth is it any wonder the media blacked out the story ( as much as possible ) about the Akula Class Sub Russian that was off the coast of Texas this past July while they were waiting for Obama to sign the EO protecting Russian assets inside USA. Once he signed it the Akula Class Nuclear submarine left the area.
Obama signed that thing in mid-June. How would a sub being there in July, that the rumors say went undetected until it left, have anything to do with signing anything?

People on the beach in Texas were taking photos of the Russian Submarine as it surfaced. We better realize that Russia is getting very close to hitting us now. This is the bully stage. Just wait.
Seriously? That sounds pretty cool, I'd be interested in seeing them if you could throw us a link to them. Surely they are all over the internet if people on the beach were taking pictures of the neato sub.

Here's the scenario, Russia will react sharply and the US will apologize and back off. That's the way it will work until the US is reduced to the status of a 3rd world country with a couple of fancy toys that she won't even use against pirates in rowboats.

Here's the scenario, Russia will react sharply and the US will apologize and back off. That's the way it will work until the US is reduced to the status of a 3rd world country with a couple of fancy toys that she won't even use against pirates in rowboats.

That is the Obama plan alright. Cut the military more and bow more. The dirtbag kisses our enemies and stabs our allies anyway he can.

What nerve they have. I tell you the truth is it any wonder the media blacked out the story ( as much as possible ) about the Akula Class Sub Russian that was off the coast of Texas this past July while they were waiting for Obama to sign the EO protecting Russian assets inside USA. Once he signed it the Akula Class Nuclear submarine left the area. People on the beach in Texas were taking photos of the Russian Submarine as it surfaced. We better realize that Russia is getting very close to hitting us now. This is the bully stage. Just wait.

They likely have secret agreements with the dumbass that is so flexible.

In the first place, that article is nearly 3 months old and no international incident has happened yet.

In the second place, never forget domestic Russian politics.

Thirdly, since Obama switched us from Bushs' land-based antimissile program (which REALLY irritated the Russians) to a sea-based program, there have been no plans to station Aegis ships in Russian waters or not even in the Black Sea.

In short? Much ado about nothing.

right, becasue obama never ever intended to station them there or do a darn thing, except get us out of the missile defense biz.

I never ever seen something so valuable and, so sympathetic to the progressive cause, given away like this. Its nonsensical, driven by imho, frantic, misplaced hostility to US past FP.

They're getting impatient....
Obama's been elected.....that's all they were waiting for.
Obama's more FLEXIBLE now, i'm sure he has a plan to visit his pal in Russia soon.

I agree. ^^^

And the time has come now that the Dear Leader has been re elected.

20120327_zpscd126eca.jpg

Uh, huh. That's what those Somali pirates thought too. And bin Laden. And, most of the senior leadership of al Qaeda. And, Muhammar Khaddfi.

Forum List

Back