Russia scraps plan to deploy missles

German newspapers reported that Shimon Perez was apperantly involved in bargaining the affair, it appaerantly also includes that Israel will not first strike Iran militarily, in return Russia will be much more suppurtive of a sanction regime.
That Nethanjahu was a on secret visit to Russia last week also points into this direction.
If I would be Iran, I would be quite worried :D

German newspapers reported that Shimon Perez was apperantly involved in bargaining the affair, it appaerantly also includes that Israel will not first strike Iran militarily, in return Russia will be much more suppurtive of a sanction regime.
That Nethanjahu was a on secret visit to Russia last week also points into this direction.
If I would be Iran, I would be quite worried :D

Iran is for Russia its biggest trump card for diverting US ressources/capabilities away from the Russian Hinterland, where Russia seeks revival of its past influence.

An "I abandon missile shield, you get out of my Iran business"-thing won't happen.
Russia will continue its policy of ensuring Iran is a trouble for USA. With US' capabiliuties bound elsewhere, Russia faces only low-level US resistance in its Hinterland.

Funny, the article ignores the current anti-Moscow strife and security issues in Kaliningrad Oblast. That makes for an incomplete analysis by the article.

Oh MY GOD!!!!

IT IGNORES THE SECURITY ISSUES IN KALININGRAD OBLAST!!!

That is so important to us!
It may be unimportant to you, but I prefer to make my analysis of a situation based on thorough information. Security issues with anti-Moscow factions in Kaliningrad Oblast have been going on for some time.

Read up:
From 2004, to indicate that the anti-Moscow dissent in the Oblast has been in existence for some time.
….
The most conspicuous asymmetry is not the geographical one to which Ivanov mainly alludes. Rather, the asymmetry resides in the offensive purpose and mission of the Russian missiles that would be deployed, versus the purely defensive anti-missile elements proposed to be sited in Poland and the Czech Republic.
….
RUSSIA WARNS OF MISSILE FORWARD-DEPLOYMENT IN KALININGRAD REGION - The Jamestown Foundation

Getting information on those security issues and anti-Moscow strife from those in Kaliningrad itself are difficult at best as Moscow has arrested those who go public with the dissent. For example, Rustam Vasiliev has been able to stay out of jail for now (although he has been arrested several times) and he gives a good account of the anti-Moscow mentality of the Oblast: Independence for Kaliningrad! Those fighting for independence in the Oblast never wanted the Russian missiles there. From the time Moscow announced their intent, there has been significant increased dissent in Kaliningrad, something the Russians certainly took into consideration in their decision.

No wonder Libruls hate facts; facts consistently make Libruls look like idiots.

Security issues in the Kaliningrad Oblast? Not more than in Mainland Russia. And wishing self gouverment is unlikely to make them stage a nuclear uprising too ;D

Should the Russians be worried about US nukes because there are Anti War protestors in Washington?

Forum List

Back