Russia runs circles around the Rube Patrol of Obama n' Hillary

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CrusaderFrank, Mar 24, 2010.

1. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    Treaty to cut US-Russia nukes; signing in 2 weeks

By ROBERT BURNS and LYNN BERRY, Associated Press Writers Robert Burns And Lynn Berry, Associated Press Writers – 2 hrs 37 mins ago

"WASHINGTON – The U.S. and Russia reached a breakthrough agreement Wednesday for a historic treaty to reduce the nuclear arsenals of the former Cold War rivals, the most significant pact in a generation and an important milestone in the decades-long quest to lower the risk of global nuclear war....The accord is expected to cut the number of long-range nuclear weapons held by each side to about 1,500, and it raises hopes for further disarmament in the years ahead."

Treaty to cut US-Russia nukes; signing in 2 weeks - Yahoo! News

I read this and I had to laugh out loud. What make you think Russia even has 1,500 working warheads and missiles? But we're going to take down our working hardware. LOL

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    So your disbelief of how many warheads Russia has means what to the rest of the world?

You been over there counting?

3. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    We don't need that many anymore, as the big threat is not the russians.

700 nukes would be ample for Iran

4. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    Russia has one function army division --one. They might have 6 working missile and warheads.

Why are we even talking with them? Why are we disarming? Oh right, Obama wants to destroy us from within.

Nevermind

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  5. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    It does us no real damage, makes us look good to the idiots, but we still have enough nukes to deal with the real threat.

The only real reason to have all those nukes was to deal with the fact that Russia had a lot of geography and hardened sites.

The only real threat has very little geography, and we no longer have to worry about mutual annihilation.

Of course, the Russians understood what these things could do. The current nuisances seem oblivious.

My understanding is we retire and rebuild the inventory every 18 months or so anyway.

6. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,210
    I thought this thread was gonna be about how Putin Pawned Hilary when she skipped up to his Dacha and he blasted the US for Sanctioning Russian Trade for dealing with Iran.

Hilary took the heat, grinning like a baboon on Russian TV, and responding that the USA looked forward to wrking out the details of any disagreements...blah, blah, blah....

She might as well have turned around, hiked up her skirt, and allowed Putin to assult her with a Vodka Bottle.

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,307
    I strongly suspect any small nation that used a nuke in an aggressive war would see incoming from three directions. This is something that none of the large nations, the US, Russia, and China can tolerate getting started.

As for the Russians and the US going at it, I see no chance of that in the foreseeable future, same for China. In fact, if there is a nuclear attack on any nation, I suspect it will be a terrorist group that steals one from Pakistan or India. And there will be no target to attack with nukes in a case like that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,307
    So we have only 1500 nukes ready to go. What target in the world would not be annihlated expending only half of that arsenal? What need is there for us to have even 1000 warheads?

9. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    wow you are sad. you do know your hero made the first start treaty right?

10. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,908
    My "Hero" wasn't running around the world looking for people to bow to and to disarm us.