Russia prepares to develop Gaza gas

fanger

Gold Member
May 21, 2014
Fuck israel
In a significant political and economic development, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met Jan. 23 with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The meeting came as a prerequisite to officially sign an investment agreement aiming to develop the Gaza offshore gas field in the Mediterranean Sea. It is only logical to assume that this step will raise the ire of Israel. The latter does not appreciate the role Russia plays in the region, especially since Israel has never come to an agreement with Russia.

Game changer Russia prepares to develop Gaza gas SHAREverything.com

Russia preparing to develop Gaza gas field - Al-Monitor the Pulse of the Middle East

Good for them

I hope they go ahead, its been talked about for a long time. I think they should.

40% of Israel's population is either Russian or people who trace their lineage there. Previous to Putin's official state visit last year, the new (and admittedly beautiful) Red Army Memorial in Netanya was officially dedicated. It was Putin's first stop. Hundreds of thousands of Jews served in the Red Army during WWII. 100 of them were generals and 2 of them were Corps Commanders. To suggest that Israel's ties to Russia are superfluous is rather disingenuous. As to Gaza/Russian cooperation in developing Palestinian offshore oil reserves, I welcome it enthusiastically.

But remember too that Israel is sitting on considerable natural gas reserves itself, and these fields are being developed in cooperation with Russia, who will be the pipeline builder. If you buy only one book this year, make it this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7JE8BY/?tag=ff0d01-20 It's fascinating. I stayed glued to it for 3 days. If you want a deeper understanding of what's going on in the world of energy, get it. Katusa is a former Canadian math professor who wrote math models he applied to energy investing. He made a fortune, and along the way rubbed shoulders with Vladamir Putin and many other players in the international energy fold.

In a significant political and economic development, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met Jan. 23 with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The meeting came as a prerequisite to officially sign an investment agreement aiming to develop the Gaza offshore gas field in the Mediterranean Sea. It is only logical to assume that this step will raise the ire of Israel. The latter does not appreciate the role Russia plays in the region, especially since Israel has never come to an agreement with Russia.

Russia preparing to develop Gaza gas field - Al-Monitor the Pulse of the Middle East

Good for them
The Russian mission statement would be to say to Israel,
"Stay out of our business, or we'll fuck up your shit!"

Good for them

Interesting I wonder where they will site the well that wont affect the fishing for the gazan's. I wonder if they will blame Israel for the boats getting destroyed when they stray into Russian zone of influence. Such a small pocket of sea as well 26 miles narrowing to 18 miles by 12 miles deep. Room for half a well head

Interesting I wonder where they will site the well that wont affect the fishing for the gazan's. I wonder if they will blame Israel for the boats getting destroyed when they stray into Russian zone of influence. Such a small pocket of sea as well 26 miles narrowing to 18 miles by 12 miles deep. Room for half a well head
I'd like to see Israeli commando's try to board a Russian warship.

Now that would be worth the price of admission.

Good for them

Wishful thinking as Russia would not get a warship close enough to Israel. Waters too shallow you see, so they might get a row boat there. They would also have to cross Israeli waters to get there and this would be an act of war, and maybe the excuse the west has been waiting for to sort out Putin once and for all.

I'd like to see Israeli commando's try to board a Russian warship.

Now that would be worth the price of admission.

Why would they even try, after bombing the well head because it was being used to smuggle weapons that would be the end of Russia's involvement. Of course Israel and Egypt could mine the sea borders and use magnetic mines, then any movement in that small area would result in one big bang and an end to gas extraction in gazan waters

Why would they even try, after bombing the well head because it was being used to smuggle weapons that would be the end of Russia's involvement. Of course Israel and Egypt could mine the sea borders and use magnetic mines, then any movement in that small area would result in one big bang and an end to gas extraction in gazan waters
Or Russia could set up a perimeter around Gaza barring any Israeli boats from entering and that would be the end of the blockade.

I hope they go ahead, its been talked about for a long time. I think they should.

Read my reply regarding the size of the sea area and how it will affect the fishing
From what I understand the sea is very polluted at the shore and when the Pals go out to fish they get shot at, Israel already has wells dug there anyway.

Good for them

12 miles deep? ON what planet?

Or Russia could set up a perimeter around Gaza barring any Israeli boats from entering and that would be the end of the blockade.

Not really as that again would be an act of war, and Israel would be within its rights to blast the perimeter and destroy any perceived military structures in the sea. Watch this space for further developements

Read my reply regarding the size of the sea area and how it will affect the fishing
From what I understand the sea is very polluted at the shore and when the Pals go out to fish they get shot at, Israel already has wells dug there anyway.

About 40 miles away right on the pocket of gas. The surveys done show a very poor reserve of gas in the gazan sea area that would not pay a return on the costs involved. The shore is polluted because the arab muslims are filthy and don't know any better. They only get shot at when they stray outside the designated area or are actively smuggling weapons.

Good for them

Maritime law allows for 12 miles from the coast as territorial waters, so the trapezoid is 26 miles on the longest side 18 miles on the shortest side and 12 miles deep from shore to international waters. Do you understand better now

Good for them

Maritime law allows for 12 miles from the coast as territorial waters, so the trapezoid is 26 miles on the longest side 18 miles on the shortest side and 12 miles deep from shore to international waters. Do you understand better now

You said 12 miles deep, so I naturally assumed you meant the depth of the ocean,

Good for them
Indeed, it would not be like shooting up a bunch of unarmed civilians on an aid ship.

Forum List

Back